HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   This wk things could change, I'm nervous. (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43484)

chrisy 01-28-2010 06:35 PM

Re: This wk things could change, I'm nervous.

Steph you are TOO FUNNY!

I had drama over my scans too...First they Pet/CT was denied by insurance, so they were going to do a Bone scan and CT instead. Then they got the study sponsor to pay for the Pet/CT, and in the end I had all of that still on the schedule!

Sure confused the heck out of the imaging center. They had my back, and noticed that it would probably kill me if they gave me 2 overlapping nuclear trace injections right on top of each other, so they rescheduled everything still all in the same day. Fortunately I was able to straighten them out and ended up getting just the Pet/CT...

I don't know if the double nuke dose would have killed me, but the double scanxiety probably would have.

Still on pins and needles of course...

Chelee 01-29-2010 03:49 PM

Steph, Ditto what Chrisy said...got a good laugh out of that. Since my onc is on vacation I was able to get ahold of the "NP". She breezed over my PET results but said things looked "GOOD". YEAH! She said the activity that was in my rt axilla and liver area is not showing. No "hot" spots. She didn't mention my femur (bone mets) area so I asked about that and she said my onc would have to sort thur that because it did mention sclerotic changes. But she knows I had extensive surgery so it may be nothing?

I'll feel even better when I get a copy of the PET results...the NP glossed over it. But I'm still happy to hear no more activity in axilla or liver area. So this chemo combo is working.

Chrisy, You definitely win hands down in the "drama" dept. If I was you I would of had my panties in a bunch. lol That's not what I would of wanted to hear when I was there for my PET/CT. What a nightmare! I'm so glad they got it all straightened out for you. Hope you get your results soon...looking forward to more good news. So glad you weren't nuke to death. (Like we don't have enough stress without that.)

Chelee

Jackie07 01-29-2010 04:29 PM

Chelee,

So glad to hear about your good result. 'I'm nervous' for my scan next Thursday. I really liked to change it back to a CT and get it done next Tuesday... [Could you believe that I turned down the CT offer and asked for an ultrasound instead? Thought I would get the test done sooner, turned out it's a longer wait...just can't win.]

Midwest Alice 01-29-2010 06:01 PM

There is a lot of scanning going on here.
Chelee great news on your scans. And got your scans in my prayers Jackie and Chrisy.

Ruth 01-31-2010 12:20 PM

Yeah Chelee - glad for some good news.
Hugs ~ Ruth

ElaineM 01-31-2010 12:27 PM

Great news so far Chelee !! I know how you feel about getting your hands on the actual report. It is the first thing I go for after a test. I want to see the actual unedited information. I have learned alot of medical terminology that way too !!

Chelee 01-31-2010 11:04 PM

Jackie, I have to admit...I would of thought for sure a "US" would of been much quicker to get done then a CT. We just can't win sometimes can we! There has been alot of scary news about too much radiation exposure lately...and the CT's not being set-up correctly, so I don't blame you for choosing a "US". I'll be keeping you in my thoughts & prayers for good results. Sorry you have to wait till Thrusday...waiting is so hard. Hang in there.

Chelee

Chelee 01-31-2010 11:22 PM

Elaine, Yep...I'm not happy till my eyes physically see the PET/CT report myself. When I was first dx and my onc would tell me everything was "fine"...nothing to worry about. Much later when I started asking for "copies" of everything I found out there were many things I was not told about. So I just don't trust a thing they say till I see it and read it myself. I didn't like the way the "NP" breezed over my report so quickly on the phone. She never mentioned the other bone mets I had on my ilium and sacrum area? You said it best when you said you wanted to see the "actual unedited information". What "they" say is fine many times turns out to be a problem for me. (My femur I just had surgery on being just one example.) They said that was FINE too on my first baseline and it wasn't. argh...

Chelee

Jean 01-31-2010 11:56 PM

I am so happy for you Chelee...some good news!
Keep it coming....

Chrisy, also thinking positive for the best news for you too.

jean

schoolteacher 02-01-2010 10:56 AM

Chelee,

Glad to hear the good news. I know what you mean about wanting a copy of the PET-CT scan in your hands to read. Thanks for helping me last week.

Amelia

Shobha 02-01-2010 11:36 AM

Chelee,

Very happy to read your good news! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for good results for the bone mets.

hugs,
shobha