HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~This Sounds So Terrible Of Me, Please Forgive Me (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40878)

bejuce 08-29-2009 10:33 AM

Re: ~This Sounds So Terrible Of Me, Please Forgive Me

Dear Marie,

Just wanted to say that I'm thinking about you and Ed at this difficult time. You two are in my prayers. May you find strength in the love we have in this wonderful group to carry forward the best you can for your loving hubby.

Love,

Marcia (bejuce)

lisajones4 08-29-2009 07:08 PM

Marie - I think about you and Ed every day and pray to God for continued strength and love as you continue on this journey.

Love, Lisa

TriciaK 08-29-2009 07:34 PM

Oh, my dear Marie! My heart is aching for you and Ed, and I know all the others here who have read your posts are feeling the same. There are no words to express our sorrow and empathy for what you and Ed are going through. All we can do is express our love and admiration for you two and the mighty battle you have fought, and we continue to send our prayers for God's love to attend you and strengthen you. I have never met you, but I have loved you both as you have opened your heart and shared your fears and your tears. May God and his angels attend you tenderly in spirit themselves and also through the blessed people who serve your needs through hospice. Love and prayers, TriciaK

Believe51 08-29-2009 08:33 PM

TriciaK, Me Lady......how are you?? I have been thinking of you and your health non-stop. Please know you are in my daily prayers and happy thoughts.>>Marie

Cannon 08-30-2009 06:37 AM

Marie,

You never stop thinking of others. Your love for Ed is what makes you want to spare him this suffering. He knows that. Sometimes it helps to tell your loved one that it's okay, he doesn't need to stay for you. You will always love him, but he should go when and if he wants.

That's what we told my grandfather (he had the same brain cancer that Ted Kennedy had) -- and he was gone two days later. I think he just wanted permission to stop fighting.

Best always,
Rebecca

nitewind 08-30-2009 07:13 AM

Sweet Marie, forgive me for waiting so long to post, I've just been unable to find the words. I have loved and admired you and your dear husband for so long and reading your latest news simply breaks my heart.
I still can't find the words but want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers daily.
I pray that God wraps his arms around the two of you and holds you close.
Please know that we all care so much for you.
Love and Hugs
Susan

Believe51 08-30-2009 08:20 AM

I think he is holding on to see his 3rd Cancerversary (Sept 7) and our Wedding Anniversary (Oct 21). I have told him it is okay to let go when and if he feels it is time. I try to show and tell him I am going to be fine. Wow, never thought I would be writing this although I knew that someday this was going to take him.>>Marie

Karen W 08-30-2009 10:08 AM

Marie,
I wish I could do more to help you. Please know you are loved.

Sending peace, strength and hugs.

Karen

Tom 08-30-2009 07:50 PM

Marie,

I still fully expect that birthday card from Ed. Tell him I said NO excuses will be accepted. Hang in there.

Tom

Believe51 08-30-2009 08:27 PM

Gotcha Tom...lol....thanks.>>Believe51

suzan w 08-30-2009 09:09 PM

Marie, I am so glad to hear from you tonight before I go to bed, as I was wondering how things were going. Sinding a great big hug to you both...with love xo Suzan

belle 08-31-2009 02:48 AM

Marie,

Just want to say that I love you the way you are.

Hugs,
belle

Mary Anne in TX 08-31-2009 04:15 AM

Marie, I wish that "dreadful thing" you have (honesty) was spreading throughout the country instead of swine flu. Hugs and love to you. ma

Lien 08-31-2009 05:24 AM

Hi Marie,

How are you holding up? Thought you might need a hug today, so I'm sending one over. It brings the warmth of the sun, the sweet breeze from the ocean to clear your head, and the smell of a thousand roses to bring you peace.

Love

Jacqueline

loveher 08-31-2009 06:30 PM

Hi Marie,

this is Sue, tried to pm you but inbox was full.

i just read your post and i just feel the exact same way. i just wish it was over one way or another and i'm not foolish enough to believe there will be a miracle cure. Just wanted to say that i believe that you wish it were over because you love Ed very much, i can totally understand.
i feel so bad for my poor dad who has to watch my mom deteriorate.

Is Ed still on treatment? is he responding to ixempra?

Marie i know you are very very strong, you will get through it, we all will!!

love
-Sue

Beckie 09-01-2009 04:26 AM

Marie,
I am praying for you. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I remember telling my mother-in-law that it was ok to let go. I told her how much we loved her and would miss her, but that we would be alright, and knew we would see her again, so go ahead and go see her husband and her Savior.
She told my husband it made her feel much better, and she went a few days later.
I love you and Ed, and the relationship you have had. Rest as much as you can, take care of yourself and Ed. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but I couldn't get on yesterday.
God bless you. Beckie

RobinP 09-01-2009 07:09 AM

Maire,

You have proven over and over again to be a sensitive, caring person, not just to Ed, but to many here, offering encouragement and support. Please don't feel guilty about needing a break. Like you said, it has been ten long hard years of ups and downs for you too, not just for Ed. Go buy yourself some flowers and go outside today to re-charge your mental battery. Reach out to others near, for help too. A big cyber-hug to you. Know, too, that Hospice is excellent and offers support to the care-giver and the one ill.

Love and prayers,
Robin

chrisy 09-01-2009 12:35 PM

Just sending love....

I was thinking of you and Ed all weekend. Actually you are my first thought and prayer every day.

But this past weekend we were in the Sierra, hiking past mighty oaks, mighty pines, and tiny flowers growing out of what appeared to be solid rock. Determined to draw every bit out of life possible, just as you and Ed are doing.

You are my heroes.

CourtneyL 09-01-2009 12:45 PM

Oh Marie, I am so sorry you are going through this. Even though we have never met, I think about you and the Mighty Oak frequently and pray for you always. You are an incredible person and I admire your strength and honesty more than you could ever know. Know that there are so many who are holding you up now in your time of need. We love you both!

ammebarb 09-01-2009 05:06 PM

Hugs and prayers today and everyday, Marie.

Barb A.