HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Having a difficult time... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29620)

TriciaK 08-17-2007 05:49 PM

Dear Chelee, May I add my deepest sympathy and condolences to the tender loving thoughts you have received here from others. I am 77 now, and I lost my mother when she was only 47, my sister at age 53 of BC, and my dad of a massive stroke at 55. I have been without any of my original family for so very long, and yet I still feel them close and know I will see them someday. I don't know why I have lived so much longer than any of them, or even grandparents. It was so very hard for so long, but now I have a very large posterity, and each one is precious to me,too. How my mother would have loved her grandchildren and great grandchildren! Life goes on and the generations go on. Love and memories are really all we can leave for each other and all we can take with us. I pray that as time goes on you will find more and more comfort in memories of your wonderful mother's love and all that you shared. God bless you! Hugs, Tricia

CLTann 08-17-2007 06:08 PM

Chelee, my deepest condolence and sympathy. Lung cancer is a very dreadful disease. As the Sloan Ketterling lung cancer head once told me, the medical science has not found a way to combat this disease yet. Your mother is free from misery now and she will always be a very special person to you. Please take care of yourself. My prayer for you and your family.

Mary Jo 08-17-2007 06:32 PM

Dear Chelee,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Truly I am.

Sending a prayer for God to comfort you and give you peace.

Love,

Mary Jo

SoCalGal 08-17-2007 06:48 PM

I am sorry for your loss. When I lost my mom, I will share with you the two things that comforted me. 1. The realization that for some people in our lives, it would never be the right time to say goodbye. That helped me to realize that even if my mom lived past 57 to 87 or 97 I still wouldn't want to loose her. And #2. Love never ends. I find little parts of my mom in me every single day. You will find the same once you are further along in your grief process.

I wish you some peaceful moments in the days and weeks ahead.
Flori

kareneg 08-17-2007 08:22 PM

Dear Chelee,

I am so very sorry sending you my love and prayers.

Sherryg683 08-17-2007 08:37 PM

You are in my prayers Chelee, I am so sorry to hear this. ...sherry

Catherine 08-17-2007 09:21 PM

Dear Chelee,

What a sadness you are enduring. I wish I could be there with you as a support. For now, just know that we are all with you. Life can be so sad. But life is for us to live. God will take care of your mom. I just do not know how you are to replace your mom's spot in your special life. Take all of the support and love you can get and hold yourself up.

Hugs, Catherine

Kimberly Lewis 08-18-2007 03:11 AM

So very sorry for your loss Chelee, I know about being close to your mom. Mine has also been more like a sister to me. My dad was abusive and we really held eachother up through all those bad times. I will feel lost when she goes on too. Praying for comfort for you.. Kim

Andrea Barnett Budin 08-18-2007 12:25 PM

My Dear Chelee

Dear Chelee,

My arms are around you. I know how painful the loss of a parent is. I am glad to read that you were so blessed to have such a strong and wonderful person as your mother. And that your relationship was so very special. May you come to realize what a true blessing that is. For now, it is understandable that you are focusing on the loss of your dear best friend and mom. That is natural. But if you can, step back and see how remarkable that relationship was and appreciate that you had it for so long. It is always too soon to lose someone we love, even if they are ninety nine years old. I surely wish you and your mother could have been together for decades to come. But I do know that she is at peace now, that she is watching over you and that you will meet again. Death is not the end of our story. The Soul survives.

In time, and I pray it is a long, long time for you here in the physical plane -- you will be with your mom again. In the meantime, though she cannot talk, you can hear her. Though you cannot see her, you can sense her presence. As Life goes on, as it must, you will hear your mother's words in your head, responding to little things. Your actions will come spontaneously, but suddenly you will realize that they stem from your mother's example. Your memories and engraved in your heart and it is my prayer that they will serve to comfort you. And may the knowledge that so very many people truly care and grieve with you also help to soothe your sorrow. I wish you peace with what is. Your mom is full of love for you still, just as your love for her endures. Love is indestructible. Eternal. And full of miraculous wonders. With much love and my sincerest condolences, sweet Chelee...
Andi

G. Ann 08-20-2007 08:56 PM

Dear Chelee,
It is so hard to lose a parent (or loved one). At a dear friend's funeral two years ago, the priest said the pain felt was so great for family & friends because there was "much love." It is a blessing you were able to share love with one another. With your mom's lung cancer and your battle with BC, I'm sure your bond was strengthened even more.

I hope all your good memories will help comfort you. During this difficult time, try and take good care of yourself.

You are in my thoughts and prayers--G. Ann

Chelee 08-21-2007 05:57 PM

I want to thank all of you for your condolences and heart felt words of support. I am deeply moved by all your kind words. My gratitude to all of you is inexpressible. I know its only been six days since my Mother passed away but the pain seems to get worse each day. Its the realization that I can never pick up that phone and talk to her again. Let alone I usually went to see her at least 3 or 4 times a wk. Tomorrow will be very difficult because it will be the 1st day since her passing that I have two doctors appts. One on Wed., and then Thrus. I would *always* swing by my Moms house after running an errand or going to a doctors appt. There was hardly a time I ran out without stopping by to see her.

My Dad died when I was only 5 yrs old. Died of a massive heart attack. Since Dad died my Mother has been everything to me. My Mom, sister and best friend. I was so blessed to have her in my life. I have lots of wonderful memories of her that no one can take away...but the thought that I can never talk to her again is so painful. There is so much I'm going to miss about her. I feel like such a big part of me is missing never to be the same. I'm glad she is without pain and no longer suffering...but oh how I wish I had her back again....even for just five minutes. She told me once if something happened to her to pull myself by my bootstraps and keep going. How I wish it were that easy. Again...thanks to all of you for your heartfelt condolences. I appreciate all your kind words...it means more to me then you could possible know at this difficult time. Thanks for all your kindness & words of comfort. I really needed it. I knew this is the one safe place I could express myself.

Chelee

chrisy 08-21-2007 08:21 PM

Chelee,
My mom died after struggling with illness for some time. A few days after she passed, she came to me in a dream. She was dancing on a railing in a crowded plaza. I believe she was telling me she was happy and free, once again.

And she is with me still.

kcherub 08-21-2007 08:26 PM

Dear Chelee,

I am so, so very sorry to hear about your mother's passing. I am so thankful that you were able to be with her. Please know that while I cannot understand your grief, I send out huge hugs and sincere sympathy for you! More reason to fight on...

Anytime you need to talk,
Krista

Barbara2 08-21-2007 09:03 PM

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.dailyword.com/images/comfort_cob.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD>http://www.dailyword.com/images/clearpixel.gif</TD><TD vAlign=top>Daily Word — Wednesday, August 8, 2007

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.dailyword.com/images/clearpixel.gif</TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Comfort

Sustained and uplifted by God, I am filled with courage and hope.

There is comfort in knowing that God is with me at all times and in all circumstances. Every concern is overcome through the unconditional love of God. I am sustained and uplifted—filled with courage and hope.

Just as Peter was beckoned by Jesus to walk across the water to Him, so, too, am I called to a greater demonstration of my faith. Perhaps I have been grappling with a challenge or a loss—trying to make my way through the experience. As I elevate my thoughts from the challenge to God, I am comforted and filled with courage and hope.

In prayer, I feel anxiety subside. My spirits are buoyed. As I move forward with God in this experience, I step out with confidence.

“Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and through grace gave us eternal comfort and good hope, comfort your hearts and strengthen them in every good work and word.”—2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Chelee, I want to join the others in expressing heartfelt condolences to you. Those of us who have lost a parent or anyone near and dear to us, knows how it feels to have a broken heart. My dad died of liver cancer 33 years ago and I still miss him very much yet today.

We pray for God's strength to bring you comfort and peace. Something that brings me great peace is knowing that someday I will see and be with my dad again. That thought brings positive thoughts to me while dealing with breast cancer. Someday, you will be together again. For now, may you find comfort in your faith.