HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Looking forward~~~ (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48896)

Elizabethtx 02-27-2011 06:27 PM

Re: Looking forward~~~

Keep looking forward. Live today the best you can. Look how far you have come. I know it must be hard to fight day in and day out, but you are an inspiration to everyone who is walking behind you. Thank you for leading the way! I will be praying for good news.
Elizabeth

Sheila 02-28-2011 06:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry I have not posted, but it has been a rough week for me. An unexpected death in the family (my Uncle), then my beloved kindergarten teacher passes away, and last night my dear friend Marianne lost her battle to breast cancer...she was the one the paper did the article on last Oct. (Her & me) meeting at the look good feel better program and becoming best friends, through cancer...and now this damn disease has robbed me of another dear friend.
So as I wait to get my scan results tomorrow, there is another angel watching over all of us~~~ will post more after I get my results

Mary L 02-28-2011 08:28 AM

Sheila, my heart goes out to you. You had a very sad week. I am praying for good scan results. Best Wishes, Mary L

schoolteacher 02-28-2011 09:24 AM

Thinking of you Shelia. You are my hero.

Amelia

ElaineM 02-28-2011 08:25 PM

Thanks for checking in Sheila. I am sorry to hear about your friend. I understand. I lost alot of people to breast cancer too.
They are watching over us from wherever they are now. We are carrying on for them on earth and for those people who were diagnosed after us. Take good care of yourself.

Laurel 02-28-2011 08:37 PM

Hey Kiddo,

Just wanted to say I am so sad with you over Marianne's death and that of your uncle. Wish I could head to Illinois and just sit with you, my friend. Praying your scans are stellar and that this spring dawns bright and full of hope. You deserve a wealth of good news!

bejuce 02-28-2011 09:00 PM

Oh Sheila, so sorry to hear that! My prayers are with you and your family.

Love,

Marcia

Sheila 03-01-2011 12:33 PM

Just returned from my oncologist appt. The CT scans show "STABLE" which considering my history, is like a miracle...most of the nodes in the medistinal and hilar area, and axillary now appear fibrotic, or as the Dr said, just dead areas ...the chemo aftermath. On the downer side, my counts were too low to get the chemo today...my white count was really low...so now Neupogen, which is a first for me in 8 years of treatment. The oncologist said that the drug Eribulen (Havalen) appears to be hard on the white counts on many people...some are on the Neupogen after the first round...so I must have health blood as this would have been round 5, (or is it 6)....it must make me lose track of time too. Somehow, I just know my dear friend Marianne who just lost her battle, is laughing her behind off at me...we always laughed about her counts being low, while mine remained normal....I almost flaunted it to her....she is paying me back from above!
The Dr. also said that everyone she has put on Eribulen (Halaven) is still doing well and responding..that is good news for all of us!

schoolteacher 03-01-2011 02:27 PM

Glad to hear from you, Shelia.

Amelia

StephN 03-01-2011 03:47 PM

Halleluia! For some better news.
So, the evidence from the outside (neck area) that the Halaven is working is born out on the inside scans.

I embrace you {{joyfully}} - and am sending a message to those white cells to multiply like crazy!

Joan M 03-01-2011 04:18 PM

Sheila,

Great news on eribulen and your scans. Keep it going!

Joan

chrisy 03-01-2011 04:44 PM

Well Steph took the hallelujah right out of my mouth!!!!!!

Sheila, you were so due for some good news, I've got tears falling from my eyes right now, usually chemo related but this time a good deal of joyful ones mixed in
I'm hugging you as well:)

Pam P 03-01-2011 05:03 PM

Sheila - So glad to learn the good scan news. What a relief. I had my first eribulen tx yesterday. I had to do neupogen while on navelbine. So sorry to hear about your friend- and other losses this week.

Keep on kicking back the cancer cells with eribulen,
Pam

Jackie07 03-01-2011 05:13 PM

Sheila,

So happy to hear the update. You sound wonderful!

Ceesun 03-01-2011 07:55 PM

Sheila, Congrats on the good report....I am so sorry about your friend. Ceesun

Laurel 03-01-2011 08:07 PM

Can you hear the whooping all they way across the great expanse between Pa and Illinois? 'Cuz, Girl, I'm doin' the happy dance over your wonderful news!!!! I had to pop on quickly to see whether you posted your scan results! I like the sound of dead nodes. That stuff is incredible! Hurray for Halaven! Let's hope Pam has such a terrific response to it.

Joanna J 03-01-2011 08:09 PM

Sheila,So So Sorry for your losses,my heart goes out to you. I know that you will treasure all the memories,but am so glad to hear abt your scans,many love you on here,I pray that God will comfort you thru all the days ahead,Hugs from WV,Joanna

ElaineM 03-01-2011 09:01 PM

Oh Sheila,
You are a trail blazzer !!!!!!! We are learning about Halaven from you. Perhaps more of our members will have the opportunity to ask for and get Halaven in the future, because you have been kind enough to share your Halaven experiences with us.
I am so happy that the Halaven seems to be working on the inside as well as the outside. Stable is good !!!!!!!!
I was happy to hear it helped with the skin mets a few months ago. I am happy again that it is helping to keep things under control on the inside too. I am excited for you !!
Those who were close to you who passed away must also be watching over you.
Even though you might have to skip a treatment or two because of the low white blood counts keep going !!
In addition to shots try to eat lots of veggies, all kinds of cooked mushrooms, fruit and a little dark chocolate. Those are the things that help the white blood counts. Those things help the immune system. The white blood counts are the major force behind the immune system.
I know you take good care of yourself. Keep up the great work.

michka 03-02-2011 12:28 AM

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo Sheila!
I was waiting for your results and I am SO HAPPY. I hope your white cell counts will improve quickly.
I am sorry you went through so much again loosing close relatives and friends. You deserve only good news.
Michka

sassy 03-02-2011 09:51 PM

What fantastic news! I can "see" those pesky cells inside just fading away like the ones on your neck! Amazing! But we all know you are an amazing woman!

Hoping this good news tempers the sadness from your losses. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.