HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Joy Column (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29652)

Grace 08-22-2007 07:45 PM

Here's a silly one, except for the cat lovers out there who will understand. Our cat Rachel is totally devoted to my husband. Our other cat LoMein likes me a bit more than Miguel, but generally treats us as equals, but Rachel is a one person cat. Always when we watch TV, Miguel sits on the left side of the couch and I sit on the right. Today, while packing we switched places. Rachel jumped on my lap and it took her a few seconds to realize I wasn't Miguel. Her expression said it all--"what are you doing here?" We laughed for at least ten minutes. And then, while packing, I put all the clothes from the closet on the bed and sure enough LoMein decided to sit on the only piece of black clothing, my best velvet blouse. How do they know?

Every day, I find joy in owning cats and will probably get some more when we move to Maine.

Sherryg683 08-22-2007 08:08 PM

my joy

I was watching my beautiful little girl swimming today, running around in her little bikini. It hit me all of a sudden that she is becoming a "tween" and starting to act like one. It brought me joy to think of watching her as she grows. She's like sunshine to me..sherryg

Catherine 08-22-2007 08:40 PM

Licking fake butter

Joy today when I managed to keep my old cat, Biggers from licking my fresh out of the oven bread. More joy when I found him with his head in the tub of fake butter.

Joy to the World, all the boys and girls, Catherine

harrie 08-23-2007 12:44 AM

Today I felt pure joy when someone today asked me how I was doing, I could honestly, 110%, say I am doing JUST GREAT!!!!! And I feel like I have more energy then I know what to do with!

Tonight I will go to sleep letting go about yesterday, I will not think about tomorrow, and I will drift off to sleep with a very peaceful mind. That is joy.

Maryanne

sassy 08-23-2007 04:53 AM

Joy today that my CT was clear and the spots on my bone scan turned out to be previous fractures!
________
Colorado Medical Marijuana

Believe51 08-23-2007 05:54 AM

Me Again...

Today's Joy: My eyes opened to see a giant orange Maine Wave cat staring at me because I slept late. (have not ever used an alarm clock until this last year, somehow today I shut it off and slept, slept, slept).....Til Mookie told me enough is enough. Love that big boy!!>>Believe51

PS. I wrote my post down first and then read my friends joys, they gave me great pleasure reading more cat stories!! And Catherine, Mookie loves real butter and his sister used to do anything for fresh bread!! How cuteeee!!

harrie 08-23-2007 12:05 PM

Joy for me today was when someone asked me how I was doing and I could say, 110%, that I was feeling absolutely great!

Joy is also drifting off to sleep knowing that today, my two kids, both away, are healthy, happy, and working hard at what they love. Everyone is safe.

Maryanne

BonnieR 08-23-2007 08:07 PM

have had a joyful 2 day visit from a girlfriend. Amazing how much better my appetite can be in a good restaurant!
Went to my hairdresser yesterday certain that I would need my head shaved. He said there was hope still and gave me a VERY short pixie cut. I saw a few people I know who actually complimented me on it!!Bald spots and all! lol
But the most joyful was when my friend and I lay on the back patio looking at the stars in the desert night sky and just talking about life......

harrie 08-24-2007 12:42 AM

Bonnie, I like to do that too. I go outside, lay out on the picnic table and just gaze up at the nighttime sky and feel the depth, see the clouds moving, and look up at all the stars and try to totally relax my body.

Believe51 08-24-2007 06:31 AM

Little Me...

Today's Joy: My longtime girlfriend called last night to mention that she missed me so much because it has been 3 weeks since we last went out. She told me she had the night reserved just for me and suggested a local Chinese restaurant....in case I needed to go out. She said she would understand if I did not or could not go, but that each week she leaves a week night AND a weekend morning reserved just for me. I appreciate the reservations and the freedom to choose if I want to go and every single night she calls me. Every single night!!

I take great joy in my friends and family. I guess I am just simply happy that I am surrounded by love and prayers each moment of every day!! And that goes here too. Love you all.>>Believe51

hutchibk 08-24-2007 10:51 AM

My joy today is my gray tubby... umm tabby sleeping with his head in my lap right now, purrrrrrrring so loud. Oh, and that today it the final day of us getting moved into a new house. I will lie and say that it will be a joy to unpack all those boxes... LOL.

BonnieR 08-24-2007 11:36 AM

Brenda, that makes you and I and Grace who are all moving right now! Anyone else?? Between our year-long house remodel and my diagnosis and treatment, and the move, my brain seems to have run out of the ability to make decisions....
But I have made one more decision to hire a gal to help for a few hours one day a week with the unpacking and sorting and putting things away.....
And I am an artist so a few artist friends are coming over next week with homemade cake to help set up my studio at home....
JOY!!

BonnieR 08-25-2007 09:54 AM

Am having neuropathy and pain today. Need some joy. This was today's "happy musing" in the newspaper: "Life is full of simple pleasures. Find a few."

hutchibk 08-25-2007 10:56 PM

today's joy was putting together IKEA furniture... I love that stuff!

harrie 08-25-2007 11:57 PM

My joy up and com'n will be putting together my Office Max computer furniture for my up and coming renovations for my computer room! I am so excited I can't wait!!! Monday is the laminate wood flooring....then comes the computer furniture and amoire, and then the new vertical blinds! The furniture is glass and black legs called the Sharper Image style. So in the corner I found this floor lamp with 3 different colored light fixtures coming out to put in the corner. The room will look totally different!!
( I wish we had an Ikea in our town!)
Maryanne

Donna 08-26-2007 10:45 AM

my joy(?) today

Hi Amazing Group,

It will be with mixed joy and sorrow that I watch a tribute to my son today - he will be leaving his theater company to find fame and fortune in L.A. They are staging a tribute to him with video clips of his many roles while he was with them.

I am so proud of him as a person and performer!

Have a great day!

Donna

harrie 08-26-2007 12:16 PM

Donna, how exciting for you and your son!! Another big step in his life (and yours!). Wishing him the very best life has to offer!
Maryanne

Andrea Barnett Budin 08-26-2007 02:04 PM

Our *boys* Are Such Fun!

My boys, twin Maltese brothers Paul and I rescued 4 yrs ago, bring so much joy and love into this house, we are always calling one another to come look at this. Chase (12 lbs) and Scamp (8 lbs) are all white with huge doe-shaped black eyes and back noses. They survived together (kept in a tiny cat carrier all day and night). The rescue lady showered with them 4 X she said, to get all the urine and feces off of them. They'd been scared by taunting children banging on their crate as pups apparently. They had mange (mites that attack the entire body and further compromise the immune system, I learned). Chase was the worst. The hair on his face and neck fell out, leaving red raw skin, like a burn victim. He wouldn't eat or drink or come near us. We bathed them daily in special shampoo and loved them up with pets and hugs and kisses and prayers and meds -- and (you know ME) lots of HEALING ENERGY, all day and through the nights. I *nursed* them back to wellness, I swear.

After a few mnths, the vet was amazed that Chase survived. Paul asked why. They usually don't make it when they're that bad off. I wouldn't hear of that, of course. They wake up, in bed with us, always up against one another and at least one of us and then they *groom* one another, licking the other's face and ears clean. This morning that romped. It's a kind of dance, boxing each other with gentle growly sounds. Then all excited, Chase runs and Scamp follows. Originally, because Chase was so sick, Scamper scampered through the house and Chase chased after him. He was a lot slower moving as he was so sickly. We thought he just wasn't too bright, as he reacted so sluggishly. We thought he didn't get it. But he's brave and strong. And little Scamp, our coward, courageously stood in front of Chase whenever we approached, barking and *protecting* his weaker bro (we now realize).

Chase actually had a chemo-like bath at the vet at first, to kill off the mites. They dipped one paw, then after a while another, and eventually the whole dog. They let me take him home as we concurred home is where they are happiest. I stayed up that night w/him because he had these twitching fits the vet had warned me about. He was obviously in a lot of pain. I totally related. I held him tight against me and talked to him softly, telling him I'd stay w/him and reassuring him that he'd be all right, trying to lessen the jerking of his body. After that, the vet wouldn't give him any more baths, but -- he came through. Our boys are healthy and frisky and bless our home with loving energy every single day. Paul and I each delight at watching their shenanigans. They are precious. Know all you animal lovers understand our pride and joy. We have two little white things to be happy about. People tell us they're lucky we found them. We feel just the opposite. We're so lucky to have them. I swear they recognize the sound of a styrofoam doggie box of leftovers from a local restaurant as it comes out of the refrigerator and come running to anxiously watch me divide up the booty! http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/04 With much appreciation...

Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gstres/celebrte/heart

AndiBB@aol.com

Mary Anne in TX 08-26-2007 02:57 PM

It's a great joy to be dropping our little granddaughter at her 1st day of 2nd grade tomorrow morning before heading to SAT for Herceptin infusion. How lucky can a girl get? Mary Anne

chrisy 08-26-2007 04:49 PM

I had the joy of taking a 1 day trip to Chicago (Glenview, IL, actually) for my 11 yo niece's birthday party on Friday night. Thursday they had tornados and major rainstorms and they were without power from 3pm Thursday until (I think) today. So we had the party with 11-11 year old girls by flashlight and candlelight. And the *worst* part was, we had to eat ALL the ice cream or else it would melt! I think it will be remembered as the BEST birthday party EVER!