HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Oh yeah, and about that bad leg... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55701)

Sheila 09-03-2012 05:59 PM

Re: Oh yeah, and about that bad leg...

I am just thinking, potato,balls, cream of potato ball soup, potato,ball leg packing, potato ball IV,, whatever it takes to get you out of that place!!
Sending healing vibes and lots of prayers!!!

chrisy 09-03-2012 06:09 PM

Sassy - sign me up!

Last nights dinner, which I get to order off a menu now, was herbed chicken, vegetables, bulger wheat pilaf, plus chicken noodle soup and some pineapple chunks.

The chicken noodle soup, pineapple chunks, and veggies were very good.

The chicken was, I fact, a small portion of chicken breast which was quite tasty, a tad overcooked but definitely not stew and pretty good.

The bulger pilaf was...white rice

But overall quite acceptable.

radiant 09-03-2012 08:24 PM

Chrisy -

U r doing great! Only natural however to feel
some battle fatigue. I would be feeling that, for
sure.

Hugs,

Kim

jellybean 09-03-2012 10:34 PM

Chrisy,

Can someone bring you in food from the outside? It is a shame for you to suffer with hospital food when you are in San Francisco, a culinary mecca.

I hope your leg is doing better.

JB

Paula O 09-06-2012 04:40 AM

Chris,

How's today going for you? I hope your leg is healing up well. Any new news on your progress and talk of heading home sweet home and outta that hospital soon?

I wish we were neighbors. I'd be over with a bouquet from my garden and a yummy meal. My girls and I could even clean your house when you got home and make it sparkle. It sure is nice to have a clean house when you don't feel well and have all that time to see the dust bunnies from a prone position. But alas--I'm all the way on the other coast so consider yourself ((cyberhugged))) from afar . :)

I was just looking at this list of war strategies again and think they apply so well to our battles with cancer:

1. “Wars are fought strategically. One battle at a time.
2 . Wars are fought on more than one front.
3. We must expect setbacks and defeats along the way.
4. When we lose a battle, we must get back on track immediately, so we don’t lose the war.
5. We will not win if we refuse to fight.”
——Carole Lewis

Take courage, friend. You can do this a day at a time. Sometimes a minute at a time is enough.

Paula

alicem 09-06-2012 06:40 PM

Hey there,

I've been out of the country and away from the boards for awhile. I'm happy things are looking a bit better for you, but really, really ticked off about the insurance situation. I hope this gets resolved in your favor real soon! Just wanted you to know that you continue to be in my prayers. Cyber hugs coming your way my friend!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

chrisy 09-07-2012 05:42 PM

Quick update
Out of hospital late Tuesday. Still on antibiotics thru Sunday but hopefully infection will bstay gone.

Now I have an open wound that needs daily care, could take a month or more to heal. Complicates chemo decisions for sure.

Perjeta still in review, nothing to appeal, yet, since it hasn't been officially denied.

Paula, thanks for your post, I really needed that. Feeling overwhelmed with all the various battle fronts right now!

Love to all
Chris

Mandamoo 09-07-2012 08:51 PM

Chrisy - so glad you are going home! It will feel wonderful to be home.
Just wondering if you have every done a Tykerb and Herceptin combo? Seems to be so much talk about it and I don't see it in your history as being used together - just thought its a chemo-less option that may help with stability?

BonnieR 09-07-2012 09:17 PM

Glad you and your open wound are out of the hospital. Those places are full of terrible germs!
Paula's post was great. I guess this is where our "warrior" reputation comes from. Battles. Just take the most immediate one. And knock them back, one at a time. I like the saying "when you are going thru hell, keep going!" And you are just the gal to do it. Keep the faith.

Paula O 09-08-2012 03:32 AM

Woooohoooooo! So glad you're home sweet home, Chrissy! No more stew in various hues for a LONG time! Enough of the wake ups in the middle of the night to check your vital signs, draw blood work, etc! Away from those creepy crawly hospital germies at last!

I bet getting back to your own bed felt really good to snuggle up into! If you haven't ever taken advantage of http://cleaningforareason.org/, it's an awesome free service perhaps you can use. Do you have some extra help as you recouperate? Remember, friends love to help friends--sometimes they just need to be asked. :)

Hope you heal up ASAP!

Paula

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...10215743_n.jpg

Photo taken at a Relay For Life event by my friend.

Andrea Barnett Budin 09-08-2012 12:39 PM

Oh yeah, and about that bad leg...

Just love your posts, Paula! (I watched a PBS special over many days and hours about WWII. Wars are not fought on only one front. And when you find yourself in hell, our soldiers just kept going! Setbacks and defeat occur, but we must move on anyway. We won that war against all odds, vividly and awesomely portrayed by that special. I hadn't realized how gloomy it got there.)

And your Survival picture -- fabulous. Every line! (Question -- that last line -- SURVIVAL ISN'T MEASURED IN TOMORROWS BUT IN THE ???? BLUE OF TODAY... (That's how I saw it, as I always have my head in the sky...)

Chrisy, you are such a stellar human being, I don't have adequate words. Your delightful take on Life just makes me glow. Thank you for being you.

HEAL! Be extra good to yourSelf. Love yourSelf. And get on with the next battle. One at a time.

Thinking of you. How could I not?! Cyberhugs galore...

ANDI

Paula O 09-08-2012 12:57 PM

> (Question -- that last line -- SURVIVAL ISN'T MEASURED IN TOMORROWS BUT IN THE ???? BLUE OF TODAY... (That's how I saw it, as I always have my head in the sky...)

Andi, it's hard to read with the green pom-pom flower accent in the way but I'm thinking it says , "...but in the value of today". I really liked the message on that sign too.

Learning to "live my joy out loud", :)
Paula

Andrea Barnett Budin 09-08-2012 01:05 PM

Oh yeah, and about that bad leg...

I believe posting on this site is a way of LIVING MY JOY OUT LOUD. Sharing it. It just feels so right...

NEDenise 09-08-2012 02:50 PM

Yay Chris!
So glad to hear you are home!
Prayers going up for quick healing of that leg...and a new and wonderful chemo cocktail in your near future!
Hugs,
Denise

Becky 09-08-2012 06:09 PM

I am glad you're home and healing! I think of you every day.