HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   New Plan, New Chapter for progression (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53142)

chrisy 02-11-2012 04:52 PM

Re: New Plan, New Chapter for progression

Well Sheila, looks like you will have your reading cut out for you! Just looking at that list makes me feel hopeful for you.

Much love,
Chris

Bunty 02-11-2012 07:31 PM

All the best Sheila on this new direction in your journey of life. I shall continue to enjoy reading your posts for the next 10 years and well beyond!
Cheers Marie

JillaryJill 02-12-2012 02:37 PM

Sheila,

Keep us posted. I too had the Tomo radiation. The crew at Rush is just terrific...they will take great care of you. It is so high tech back there, it is unbelievable. My treatment was long...18 minutes in the tube, I have lots of mind tricks to share with you if you want.

schoolteacher 02-13-2012 06:09 AM

Shelia,

You are an amazing woman. Thinking and praying for you today.

Amelia

Westcoastgirl 02-13-2012 11:27 AM

Sheila, I too have found you a wonderful inspiration in my journey, although I cannot compare mine to yours. I was fortunate to be diagnosed stage I but coming here I know to count my blessings while I can. I have volunteered with the Canadian Cancer Agency to talk with newly diagnosed breast cancer patients and part of my training was a tour of their facility at the Cancer Clinic here in Vancouver. I was impressed with the lovely rooms available to people going through treatments and pleased to hear that they were so very reasonable. I cannot help but wonder that you would not have the same service available to you. 150 miles is just too darned far as radiation does become a tedious process, day after day. Could you book in for the week and go home on weekends? Also local hotels will usually offer reduced rates when you have a medical reason for booking. I found the thing that got me through radiation was face cloths soaked in saline solution applied to the area being radiated. It helped take away the burn and I am sure reduced the negative effects. One doctor suggested keeping the solution in the fridge but since I did my radiation in the fall, room temperature was more than adequate to reduce the heat. All the best. You have a big gang of women here rooting for you. Carolyn

SoCalGal 02-13-2012 06:51 PM

What about a very reliable and trustworthy collage student who can drive you some of the time? I know they always need money and will usually work for $10 an hour or maybe even a flat rate. (I bet I can help you network on that thru my kids and their facebook friends.) You are my inspiration!!

ElaineM 02-14-2012 11:19 AM

Count me in your cheering section. Hugs to your little grandchild. I hope the both of you are doing well this week and will continue to do well for a long, long time.
You might want to ask a medical professional about Co Enzyme Q 10 for the LVF.
Good luck with the radiation. My fingers are crossed for your success???????

jml 02-14-2012 01:55 PM

Sweet, strong Sheila~
So glad to hear you have a plan in place for rads and am looking forward to hearing that you're more and more comfortable with each treatment! And so thrilled to hear that the systemic disease is quiet and under control!
I hate it that the travel is so daunting, but sending prayers and wishes that everyday is an easy commute.

I'm in it for another 10 (+10+10+10!), so let's do it!

Keep the Faith~

Jessica
Dx-5/17/02 - 33 yo; Stage IV
L IDC w/single liver met
1) Herceptin + Navelbine x 8 weeks - No response; progress to innumerable,immeasureable liver mets
2) ISIS 2504 + Herceptin - 6 mos, partial response
3) Taxol + Herceptin x 13 weeks to NED!
NED for 1 year
9/04 - Single liver lesion recurrence
Taxol + Herceptin - on/off to beat back lesion
12/05 - R Hepatectomy; Liver NED until 2009
3/06- Local recurrence - Left breast, IDC & DCIS, but holding treatment while continue to heal from Hepatectomy.
12/06 - L mastectomy + reconstruction through 8/07
10/07 - Recurrence - supraclav nodes
4) Gemzar + Herceptin - on/off controlling nodes thru
9/08 - 7wks Rads to supraclav nodes
10/08 - Acute Renal Failure - nodes in belly stricturing kidneys. placed permanent ureteral stents
Back on Gemzar + Herceptin, but no longer responding.
5) 05/09 - Tykerb + Xeloda - partial response x 5 mos
6) 10/09 - Xeloda + Herceptin - no response, disease progresses
7) 2/10- Ixempra + Herceptin - partial response x 12 wks.
Discovered single brain lesion x 4mm & liver lesions growing while screening for TDM1 + PI3Kinase study.
6/10 - Novalis to treat brain met - SUCCESSFUL!
8) 6/10 - Chemo-embo w/Adriamyacin to de-bulk liver lesion.
9) 8/10 - Screened & Started TDM1 EAP
Immediate response, disease in belly responds dramatically.
2/11- questionable progression of lung nodules
Discontinue TDM1
10) 3/11 - PI3Kinase + Herceptin - intial good response in 1st 6 weeks but LFT's elevated.
11) 7/11-Discontinue PI3Kinase + Herceptin study;
Disease progression - 2 small lesions in colon – docs have never seen this before in BC
11) 8/11 –Start new combo Halaven+Herceptin
10/14/11 -Completed 3 cycles (9 wks)Halaven+Herceptin...
10/18/11 - Scanxiety time -1st scans since starting this regimen
Good interval response, continue on H+H!
10/25/11 – new 2mm questionable spot in brain? Due to Novalis or new disease?
Re-scan in 8 weeks.
1/3/12- Disease progression; 50%increase size & SUV-R lung, middle lobe 6cm lesion.
R supraclav node multiple, miscellaneous nodes in belly. Colon lesions fired up.
12)Herceptin+ metronomic Cytoxan + Methotrexate.
…on a hope & a prayer. Only chemo I haven’t been on is Taxotere.
Hurry up Pertuzumab & TDM1!
Follow Up Brain Scan on 1/18/12…pleasepleaseplease be okay. I can’t take much more.
1/18/2012- 8 new spots in 8 weeks since last Brain MRI
one 2cm spot in brain stem, one 2cm spot in R temporal lobe.
No symptoms, Thank God!
1/25/12 – Start WBR x 15 rounds
2/14/12 - FINISH 15 rounds WBR:)!

StephN 02-14-2012 02:41 PM

Dear Sheila -

Hope you are feeling THE LOVE today on St. Valentine's Day.

And that Jasmine is doing well after the spine repair. She is nothing short of amazing.

You have my best thoughts and prayers toward next week's start of eRADication of the nuisance nodes.

Go Git EM!