HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30429)

Grace 10-09-2007 10:49 PM

Vanessa,

Like Becky, I didn't have the heart to send a message at first. It's so painful for you, and all of us who care about you. But I know in my heart you'll do well. I'll be thinking of you often.

Vanessa 10-10-2007 04:36 PM

I had my first wbr today. It went well. I took a 2 hour nap this afternoon, but now I have somewhat of a headache, which they said might happen. Other than that I am feeling well. Yesterday, my sister took me on a small shopping spree and I bought a new auburn wig, everyone seems to like it, when I get a chance I will post a picture. I also bought some stretch pants at Chico's, so I am feeling a little bit pampered and a lot more comfortable. Thanks again for all of your support, it has meant so much to me. Yes, Karen, I am a native Texas, I am also a native Houstonian. Where are you from in Texas? I love you all and I am praying for all of you nightly.

caya 10-10-2007 04:40 PM

Vanessa,

You go girl!! We are all pulling for you. Did they give you some pain medication for the headache, or is it the usual Tylenol, Advil stuff?
You will do well, and blast those nasty brain mets into oblivion.

all the best
caya

mslinda 10-10-2007 04:59 PM

Hi Vanessa:
Sure hated to hear your news. You are in my prayers. I have been trying to keep up with yours and everyone else's posts. Maybe someday I'll get better at this.

Linda

SusieQ 10-10-2007 07:21 PM

Sending more hugs.....

rinaina 10-10-2007 08:14 PM

and you are in our prayers nightly as well.

vickie h 10-10-2007 10:39 PM

Vanessa,
So sorry to hear about the wbr, not the news we wanted! My thoughts and prayers with you everyday you have treatment...and kiss that wonderful family you have for all their support. Love, Vickie

hutchibk 10-10-2007 10:52 PM

Vanessa and Karen - I'm not a native Texan, but I got here as fast as I could! (20 yrs now and will never ever leave again!)

Catherine 10-10-2007 11:42 PM

Dear Vanessa,

Oh my goodness. I, too, did not want to hear the results you were given. I am happy that you were able to get right with a treatment program. Hug your family and you for me. We are blessed when those around us support us. May the treatments do the good job we expect them to do.

Good job on being so brave. We are right with you.
Hugs and prayers, Catherine

Sheila 10-11-2007 04:33 AM

Vanessa
Glad to read your post and that you are in godd spirits, and #1 WBR is over.....can't wait to see you in your new wig! Sending love and prayers.

mts 10-11-2007 06:19 AM

Vanessa,

Your sparkly eyes say it all ! Looks like you got this early and your on the right track to getting well again.

Best thoughts to you,

maria

Mary Anne in TX 10-11-2007 06:39 AM

Hey Girl!
I can't wait to see you in your new "do" also! I'll bet you'll be a Knock Out with your new red head!!!
I'm still praying for ya and believing all will go smoothly. Those mets better get ready for their last days!
mary anne

tousled1 10-11-2007 01:13 PM

Vanessa,

First treatment done! Sounds like you're handling it very well. Shopping for yourself is always nice. You are in my prayers.

Lolly 10-11-2007 02:31 PM

Vanessa, I hope you continue to be pampered and loved by those close to you, and you know we're all with you in spirit! Keep your chin up, and keep us posted.

<3 Lolly

Sherryg683 10-14-2007 08:58 PM

I am so sorry this has happened. I have been a way for a week or so and came here to catch up and saw your post. I want to tell you now that you are in my prayers. Please keep your spirits up and I am glad to know you have so much support..sherryg

Vanessa 10-15-2007 08:52 PM

Thanks again for all of your prayers and support. Tomorrow I will be halfway finished with wbr. The major side effect has been fatigue. My family has still been extremely gracious to be carting me around and I am grateful. I will also post a picture of my red wig when I get a chance. I am thinking of all of you daily and you all will be in my prayers tonight. Thanks for being a great source of love and support.

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-16-2007 10:14 AM

Sending Love And Prayers For Your Wellness

Vanessa, Thanks so much for keeping us posted, and in the loop. How many tx all together? Half way there... We can all relate to the simple word fatigue and the depth of it (to varying degrees). Please be good to yourself and patient with your inability to do certain things. You are in a phase of getting to wellness, a truly difficult one. We all admire you so for your grace. Stay full of love and gratitude which are so very healing! We love you and have you in our thoughts and prayers...

I am going for my brain MRI on Thursday.
Andi

Soccermom 10-16-2007 10:48 AM

Vanessa, Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of well wishers! I am amazed by my sisters in treatment...
Marcia

Mary Jo 10-16-2007 11:07 AM

Hi Vanessa,

I'm happy and thankful for you that your treatment of WBR is 1/2 over. Praise God that you are doing so well and fatique is all you are dealing with. I continue to ask the Lord to heal you and cover you with His peace.

Love you "sister"

Mary Jo

hutchibk 10-16-2007 11:27 AM

Keep on rockin' V. The hard part is over (the initial Zap) and from here just keep looking forward to your very long future, without those mean and pesky little buggers in your brain that made you fall down!