HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Positive stories, please come out of the woods (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43567)

Ceesun 09-18-2010 07:25 AM

Re: Positive stories, please come out of the woods

Bejuce, I am stage four since I was diagnosed with a lung met in 2006 and have been in treatment for much of the time since then-currently, herceptin-tykerb. I, too, worry and go through the "what if' scenarios--and when I read of our men and women here whom we have lost it bothers me more than I can express. I wonder why some do so very well and others do not....But let me say this to you, with the hope that it provides comfort. I was diagnosed 27 years ago with thyroid cancer. I went through surgery and radiation for that. I realize now that I actually had it while pregnant with my first daughter. It was slow growing and was not accurately diagnosed until she was three. Looking back, I was somewhat lucky as it was slow growing and small...but cancer is still cancer.... I went through the same feelings you describe back then especially about my daughter. My daughter will be 30 in a few weeks, I also have a 3 year old grandson, and went on to have another child. So, I guess we do the best we can with our circumstance and move along in our lives. That is what I try to do with my current situation...hope this helps a little. Ceesun

Jackie07 09-20-2010 02:39 AM

Thought I'd bump this one up.

Rich66 09-20-2010 03:28 PM

Saw another TDM1 success story on another forum.

Carol Carlson 09-20-2010 05:53 PM

Was diagnosed in '04,with 2.2. cm. tumor with 4/18-- positive nodes- her2 positive. er neg. 2 surgeries, 4 doses A/c dose dense, 4 rounds Taxol, 38 rads, 1 year herceptin
6 years out and feeling fine. due to celebrate my 70yr birthday Oct. 11th with husband, children and grandchildren..
Am so busy with life right now, hardly have time to think about that damn CA
All my best , Carol Carlson

Diane H 09-21-2010 07:06 AM

Big Thank you to Marcia for starting this thread and all the survivors who posted.

I am five years out from stage 2b her+ and am doing good. Just had a clear mammo and am trying to lose weight to get healthier.

Hugs, peace to all

Gift 03-31-2011 03:23 AM

Dear Marcia,

I've just found this thread of yours and it certainly is what I have been seaching for. As a stage 3 BC patient, there are a lot of reasons to fear. I do want to live my life happily and staying focus on present, not to think much of what will happen in the future BUT the demon called "cancer", even worse with Her-2 middle name, always drag me out of what I desire.
I do not have any positive story to share yet. On the other hand, you've been giving me hope and inspirations to fight. As per the fact that our dxs are similar, I've been following your great and successful stories since coming into this warm world.
Keep it on and I will be expecting to read your success story years after years. Hopefully I will be able to share mine one day.

Hugs from Thailand
Gift

Lien 05-06-2011 04:29 AM

Dear Gift,

Glad you found us and that being with us helps. I hope you realize that now that you are getting Herceptin, your chances of survival are probably better than if you didn't have Her2 positive disease. The fact that chemo and herceptin shrunk your tumor from 7 to 4 cm is good news too.

I hope you never have to deal with cancer again after your treatment is over. Are you getting hormonal therapy as well?

Jacqueline