HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I Need a Pep Talk...Very Discouraged Today (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51433)

chekmark 05-31-2012 05:59 AM

Re: I Need a Pep Talk...Very Discouraged Today

I was told that I had a 25% chance of the monster recurring. I try to look at it as I have a 75% it WON'T. Denise always a pleasure reading your posts. Going back to work will be good, more normalcy of how it used to be before bc. Your are a trooper and I am confident I will be reading your funny posts many years from now. God Bless.

Kellennea 05-31-2012 01:31 PM

I love these posts :)

Jeanette 05-31-2012 01:45 PM

Hey Denise, I recurred twice, have it in my liver and bones. Started off having left breast removed , then two and a half years later the right one. Thought I was on easy street, until another two years, started to lose weight, 54 pounds total. Now have the bugger in my liver and bones. I am 72 and I will be damned if cancer is going to kill me. Too many places to go and things to see. Have 6 children, 16 Grands and 8 great grands. Still have a lot of living to do. So put your Big girl panties on and also the boxing gloves and give cancer a licking, Blessings , Jeanette

bejuce 05-31-2012 02:10 PM

You go, Jeanette!!! I'm honored to be in the company of such strong and amazing women.

twosenuf99 05-31-2012 07:52 PM

Denise,

I suck at being peppy. Unfortunately I am the most depressed and sad person I know.. I think about my situation everyday and what cancer has taken from me. Even though I know I should be ecstatic I am alive. So I know how you are feeling but as my Onc told me when I asked her about stats, "I do not give numbers because I believe everyone's situation is different so fight with all you have and be happy for every day that you get." She said she has given numbers in the past to people who should have died in 2 years and lived 20 and of course also told people they had 5 to 10 years and were gone in 2. I did not appreciate her words at the time because I wanted to know what my chances were but over the past year I have learned to accept that I have no idea how long I will be here but will enjoy every day.

Just think of all you have been through and accomplished so far in your cancer journey. You are a strong person. Remember every day is a gift but if you are ever in need of a friend we are all here for you.

fauxgypsy 07-27-2012 10:03 AM

I wish we had a "like " button like FB. I needed to reread these today. Thanks to all of you.