HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   NEW POOPY UPDATE to NEW update on chrisy...scanxiety replay on the horizon (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53100)

rhondalea 03-01-2012 11:48 AM

Re: NEW UPDATED NEW update on chrisy...scanxiety replay on the horizon

Okay, I'm crossing my left and right lobes (and everything else, from my eyes right down to my toes) even tighter for a clear chest scan, well-behaved platelets and a stunning response to the trial. Out! damned golf ball. To oblivion, I say!

I would also say, "you can do this," but you already know that you can, and you will, and NED will be knocking on your door again in no time.

About the hair--I buzzed mine weeks before chemo started, and then I went bald the entire time. Except for one weird encounter in the grocery store, no one paid a whole lot of attention. Add a little makeup, and you'll look like a model.

On the other hand, a wig is probably warmer. I did have some days when the wearing of a hat would have been the smart thing to do, but I'm not that smart, and I hate having anything on my head, so I went nekkid anyway (and about froze my butt off).

karen z 03-01-2012 12:35 PM

Re: NEW UPDATED NEW update on chrisy...scanxiety replay on the horizon

Go get this thing Chrissy.
I know you can do it- you are one tough gal (and funny as well).
Love,
karen z

NEDenise 03-02-2012 06:25 AM

Re: NEW POOPY UPDATE to NEW update on chrisy...scanxiety replay on the horizon

Chris,
Great news on the LVEF! Now I have EF envy!
Go back to the red wig...I heard it was beautiful!
And...the bike helmet looks good too!

I'll be praying for great news coming your way soon. You're due!
Hugs
Denise

Sheila 03-02-2012 07:23 AM

OK, so get a giant crapstick....Brenda would know where the best ones are, and hit that golf ball sized poopy tumor right out .....you may need a 9 iron crapstick, or a driver, but you can do it Chris...the relationship with this stubborn tumor is about to be over.....a hole in one is in your future!!!!

Debbie L. 03-02-2012 08:48 AM

Thanks for reporting in, Chris. Good try at sneaking in under the radar (smile).

While of course I wish the damn tumor weren't there, I'm taking it as the good news for you and your sanity that now you have answers (to settle the scanxiety) and the plan. I've always said I'd rather have bad news than NO news, but then I've never faced bad news at your level.

So is the trial drug MK2206? It's in a LOT of trials, even neoadjuvant ones. http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/result...+breast+cancer

That seems like a good thing, making it less phase-I-ish than some out-of-the-blue thing. Plus, at least with phase I, you know you're getting the drug. What do you know about possible side effects?

I know you'll keep us posted, as you know we care about you and want to be able to send targeted good thoughts. Maybe you'll even start a new thread, so we don't have to hunt to find you!

Love,
Debbie Laxague

SoCalGal 03-02-2012 09:42 AM

I like that you are going back to something that worked before. (I've done the same with Avastin, Zometa. Didn't really think it was going to help but my markers came down).

Any thoughts about taking (3) tykerb a day in addition? In any event, I'm hoping that the taxol plus Herceptin plus akt inhibiting will achieve shrinkage or even disappearage!

Sending good thoughts and love,
Flori

Mtngrl 03-02-2012 03:02 PM

Chrissy,

You're my hero. And you ARE the center of a lot of people's universe.

Much love,

chrisy 03-02-2012 04:38 PM

Rhondalea/NEDenise - well,you have a really nice head. I don't think mine is as nice. My sister likes it, but then she's my sister. Last ride (2004) was in the winter, and I wore all different kind of hats. When it got warmer, what I liked about the no hair was it was really easy to apply sunscreen. Denise, I though helmet head was just for the progressive insurance lady. Can you get wigs like that? Just wondering.

Sheila - yes, a crapstick driver! Perfect! I can practice on potato balls. Yikes, I hope that dumb tumor doesn't get that big.

DebbieL - yes, MK2206. They should have better names, like TDM1. You could rap to that, right Flori? Side effects seem fairly typical, it's an oral drug so that frequently creates GI issues but we'll see. Plus add the usual taxol S/E. A side effect of the trial is wear and tear on the vehicle - 150 mi RT weekly. Also skin rash

I'll consider coming out of the closet and posting a new thread I like the idea of targeted good thoughts! Once I know for sure what I'm doing, I'll post. Promise.

Redwolf8812 03-02-2012 04:52 PM

Game on, Chrisy! Praying and cheering for you!

Paula O 03-03-2012 07:35 AM

Cheering you on and wishing you the very best, dear Chrisy!

(((Hugs))),

Paula

krisvell 03-03-2012 12:46 PM

Crisy,
Sending good vibes your way. Your next post is going to be awesome! You inspire me to keep fighting.
Hugs,
Kris...

chrisy 03-03-2012 12:49 PM

Kris - on your signature 12/11 Bone &CT found ?????what???
I've been SO offline between dealing with treatment changes, scans and oh yeah, closing the books at work I've not been following things as closely as I'd like!

StephN 03-03-2012 01:15 PM

From the look of your siggy, Taxol and Herceptin were a big factor in shutting down those liver mets in 04.

Q. Is the biopsy from your liver being used in any way to settle what new treatment should be?

Don't see where Navelbine has ever been part of your treatment. Looks like you still have more arrows to point at that "golf ball." Looks as though that last swing was a "slice" into the rough. But since no one is keeping score here, swing away!

Brenda will help you find a nice crapstick with a large hardwood head to drive those drugs home.

StephN 03-03-2012 01:19 PM

P.S. With hair loss comes NO bad hair days! I liked having no hair to deal with the second time. Of course that was not long after the first time, so I did not have quite so much to lose.

After you have lived the "no hair life" once, you have all the scarf folds and ties down as well as an assortment of hats. And warmer weather is coming fast.

tricia keegan 03-04-2012 12:57 PM

I have'nt been here for a few days Chrisy but so glad the LVEF was good and hoping this new regime works for you!

Sheila what are they doing (if anything) about your low echo scores?

PinkGirl 03-11-2012 07:06 AM

What are potato balls?

chrisy 03-11-2012 11:22 AM

Pink- potato balls are...well you have to experience them. They can't be described. But they are yummy.

chrisy 03-11-2012 11:24 AM

Ugh. How dare a spammer post on my thread. Like adding insult to injury. Hope the tumor is as effectively blasted as that spammer was

Sheila 03-11-2012 12:11 PM

Potato balls are HEAVENLY~~~

chemteach 03-12-2012 06:53 PM

Spammers??? Delete.... Go Chrisy, go!!