HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Just a quick update... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48902)

hutchibk 03-04-2011 08:01 PM

Re: Just a quick update...

I don't have any spare platelets... but maybe you can borrow some tiger's blood from Charlie Sheen?

I will be happy with EF 51 but I like that you are setting my standards a little higher! EF 60 EF 60 EF 60 EF 60!

sassy 03-04-2011 08:11 PM

Hang in there Brenda. We know you have enough heart to rise to the occasion! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sheila 03-06-2011 06:35 AM

Brenda, did you see the cardiologist and get the drugs? They worked quickly on my, and my heart is older and rustier!!! I am hoping your echo surpasses your muga!!!

Darlene Denise...I will trade platelets for white blood cells....this could turn into a gigantic swap meet!!!

hutchibk 03-06-2011 01:36 PM

I see the Cardiologist on Tuesday, it's the soonest I could get in... and then I will start the Lisonopril and Coreg... EF 60! EF 60! EF 60! EF 60!

I love the new swap meet we are starting! I'll swap my healthy CBCs for 5-10 percentage points of EF!!

Soccermom 03-06-2011 01:41 PM

I can spare them Hutchi...cyber sending my extra EF's to you!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EF 60>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hutchbk@cyberspace.com>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>><3 Marcia

Laurel 03-06-2011 05:56 PM

Dang, Brenda, this cannot be! You have worked so hard to get into that trial! I am so p'od for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on Tuesday. Praying you are 51 or better, kiddo.

Chelee 03-06-2011 09:34 PM

Brenda,
I have lots of faith that with the help of Coreg and Linisopril your EF will be up in that safe zone quickly! I know too many ppl on those two drugs and they work really well. So...get prepared for take off...you will be on T-DM1 in no time. You just amaze me...you really do! You are truly an inspriation to me and no doubt so many others here. It's just one of those bumps in the road that was unexpected...but no worries because you will get 'er done! (You always do!) Will be keeping good thoughts for you.

Chelee

Jean 03-06-2011 10:32 PM

Brenda,
Forget that crapstick.....with your determination and energy you will certainly reach the 60 mark goal. Then
it is off to Denver....

Hugs,
Jean

hutchibk 03-09-2011 08:56 AM

All I need is 50... but I'll hope for 60!

Mary L 03-09-2011 09:20 AM

Brenda, Coreg and Lisinopril worked wonderfully for me. My EF would go down after a few months of Herceptin and I would take the medication and a short break and it would come back up. Best Wishes. Mary L

hutchibk 03-09-2011 05:31 PM

I can't take Coreg... yet. My heart rate showed up as slow on the EKG and Coreg could prove deadly, so I have to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours to see if it was a true reading. If it was only a blip, then I can take Coreg, too... in the meantime I am only on Lisinopril and crossing my fingers it works!

Chelee 03-09-2011 06:32 PM

Brenda,
Well darn it all! It's always something isn't it. I can tell you that Lisinopril is a really good drug on it's own. It has literally been a life saver for my MIL which probably wouldn't be here without that one drug alone. Lets hope your EKG was just a blip and all is fine once they check your ticker for 24 hrs. Your medical team will get this figured out for you...I just know it.

Many of the blood pressure meds take up to two wks to work...but it seems the Lisinopril makes a difference right away. :) So I'll been keeping possitive thoughts and prayers for you. Keep us updated.

Chelee

Laurel 03-09-2011 06:49 PM

So Brenda, when will you be able to have your muga/echo again? Had to sign on tonight just to see what has transpired with you today with the Cardio doc. Do you need to be on this drug for a week or two before they redo the muga? Maybe all that clean living, no caffeine, beer, etc. has slowed your ticker! Go visit Starbucks. That motor oil they sell will get your ticker racing for sure!

Keeping fingers crossed for you, my friend. How'd your Spurs fare this season?

hutchibk 03-09-2011 10:53 PM

Thanks Chelee... I get my next ECHO on March 22, after being on Lisinopril for 2 weeks, hoping to get my first TDM1 on March 25. Crossing all my fingers, toes and eyes...

Actually Laurel, I'm not supposed to have ANY caffeine or alcohol... as apparently they compromise the heart muscle.

My Spurs just happen to be #1 in the NBA right now... nice year for my boys. Hope they go all the way!

Sheila 03-10-2011 06:33 AM

Brenda...just remember they have to overcome da Bulls, again....just sayin~~~

hutchibk 03-10-2011 09:23 AM

Yeah... I know, Sheila. Da Bulls are getting pretty feisty right about now, and we see them next Tuesday! I have tons of respect for 'em, but they are young and not quite playoff/finals tested enough just yet. Sorry Boozer went down last night, that could be a bummer for Da Bulls.

Missyw 03-10-2011 09:36 AM

Thank you for the update. I wish you all the best with the new treatment. Lots of prayers coming your way!!

Laurel 03-10-2011 04:53 PM

Hey Brenda and Sheila,

Lovin' the b-ball trash talk! Well since alcohol and caffeine are out, how about spicy foods? They rev you up, too! Sean Connery used to get my heart to beat faster, of course that was before the AIs......

Joan M 03-13-2011 01:44 PM

Brenda,

Sorry to hear about the heart test results and your having to postpone the T-DM1. It's always something! With the right attention your heart should spring back soon. Keep us posted.

Joan

hutchibk 03-22-2011 08:02 AM

I got my ECHO today and it's at 53%!! Whew! Yippee! I'm going to Denver on Friday to get my first TDM1... hallelujah!