HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The SMACKDOWN continues!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58433)

Andrea Barnett Budin 07-02-2013 03:08 PM

Re: The SMACKDOWN continues!!

Hey there, Slim,

Just have to interject, I am STILL recuperating from last Thursday's surgery (and last Wednesday's cleansing prep and blood sugar mess from liquid diet, plus antibiotic's dizziness and feeling like I was about to collapse, which apparently I actually proved w/my blood sugar readings @ hospital).

Move over, Denise. Sleeping late. Napping. It's 5:15, I just had dinner, and headed for the bed. Again.

I was thinking, after mastec/tram flap surgery I was a mess for 5 days but then was doing good. Today is 5 days with no end in sight. But then I realized -- I was nearly 20 yrs younger in '95...

If your body says, rest, Denise, I say -- do as requested! You and your body need it. Look at all you've been through, sleeplessness countering in there -- for how longggggg?????
Take good care of you, Denny, Neesy. Love...

Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/2b00001c91/06

StephN 07-02-2013 03:35 PM

CHEEKBONES! Yes! But - they come with incredible fatigue at the end of the decadron wean.

You need to make up for all that "false energy" you expended while on the higher doses. I know - you could not help it - it is the upper/downer effect of that darn drug.

Anyone who had to endure that kind of routine for SIX months has my deepest respect. I only had to put up with that craziness for 2 months, and well recall what it did to me.

norkdo 07-02-2013 03:37 PM

Yay!!!!!!!!
Hooray!!
Omg, Denise, I am soooooooooo happy about your news.
Love and prayers,
Nora
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Pamelamary 07-03-2013 12:58 AM

Sounds all good to me - sleep as much as you can!! If that's what your body wants, listen to it. Here's to cheekbones!
Pam.

LeahM 07-03-2013 05:22 AM

Yay for cheekbones! Can't wait to see them. Meanwhile, sleep. It is obvious that is what your body needs!

Rolepaul 07-03-2013 03:18 PM

Got to get moving to train the body that you are a 500 hp person and not a 50 hp person. The decadron drag goes away in a few weeks. Until then, pick the activity periods carefully. Nina had a little of the steroid issues. Now it is pain between the top of the hips and the knees. I told her the pain in her backside was only fair after 19 months of hearing how terrible I am. I get off the couch at the end of next week, I think.

KsGal 07-04-2013 03:06 AM

Woo hoo! Clear scans!!!! That is so wonderful. Im so happy for you. I sure sympathize with you on the steroid taper. I was on them four months, and the taper really knocked me for a loop. I, too, took the four hours naps. As others have said...it will only be a few weeks. You will feel a little bit more like your presteroid self every day. Hopefully, neither one of us ever has to take a course of those dreaded things again! Sending lots of prayers, as always.

NEDenise 07-04-2013 09:48 AM

Paul -
Did I miss something? Why were you confined to the couch?

KsGirl -
I decided yesterday that if I ever have to be on steroids again... and then need to taper... I want them to induce a coma... and wake me up when it's all over. Think my docs will go for it?

SMACKDOWN Statistics...

Recumbent bike - can ride a mile easily

Weight - down 9 pounds :)

BonnieR 07-04-2013 10:25 AM

Independence Day! May your personal one be soon! I admire you so much. Keep keeping the faith

NEDenise 07-04-2013 04:58 PM

Bonnie,
You are so sweet!
But in the spirit of full disclosure...

I'm not sure there's much to admire...
I'm just muddling through because I don't have any other choice.

Like everyone else here, if I could just take a pass on all this... and have my old life back... I'd do it in a heartbeat! :)
Denise

BonnieR 07-04-2013 10:23 PM

I remember telling my surgeon "I want my old life back". She replied "you had cancer in your old life".
Keep the faith

KsGal 07-04-2013 11:16 PM

Bonnie...I like what your surgeon said. Never thought of that before...but I suppose its true. Id like to have my old life back too...but then on the other hand, things do change after this kind of diagnosis. You see things differently than you did before..its an eye opener.
I like the idea of being knocked out until the steroid taper is over Denise. If your doctors go for that, please let me know. I would be happy to relocate. Im almost 100 percent sure I will have to take another course of steroids here in the next few months, because if my brain scan isn't completely clear they are going to cyberknife. Woo hoo....
You've lost nine pounds already! That's awesome. Continued prayers...

Andrea Barnett Budin 07-07-2013 07:44 AM

We all think we want our old life back. But NONE of us want cancer back! Great retort, Bonnie. Will hold on to that wisdom.

Plus, I have learned so much, grown and evolved and become so much more than I was before, met some fantastic people, become even more compassionate and gentler and even more grateful for the smallest of things!

I'm sure I never raised my hand when asked, Who wants to get cancer. But I am stronger and braver and wiser for the hardships. Bet you all are too...

Denise, have you gotten even funnier? Wondering. Cause you can take your act on the road. Do a lecture tour at the very least inspiring people. They should have you in a new entertainment segment at bc symposiums. You'd rock the house!

LOVE you all my friends I'd have never known if not for cancer,

ANDI :o)))

NEDenise 07-07-2013 08:26 AM

Andi,
What you've described is my dream job! You be my agent and set that whole thing up, girl!

And, yes, I wouldn't know my HER2 friends if this nightmare hadn't struck... which just goes to prove that the darkest clouds sometimes have the best silver linings!

Denise