HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   madubois(Mary Ann) Is An Angel Now (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43852)

MJo 02-21-2010 08:36 AM

Re: madubois(Mary Ann) Is An Angel Now

I admired her so much. I loved that "rock chick" side of her. I am sorry, Liz, for the loss of your great friend. Her posts were so full of life, and I guess I felt she could beat all her troubles. This is a shock. I wish I had met her in person.

rinaina 02-21-2010 09:21 AM

Like all I am saddened to lose yet another fighting her2 sister. I loved her updates and stories.

nitewind 02-21-2010 11:21 AM

Oh my God. This just stuns me. There was something so special about Mary Ann, I figured she could beat anything, she was so strong and such a warrior. I first "talked" to her on a thread when I just got diagnosed. After hearing everything she had been thru and still had such a wonderful, hope filled attitude, she gave me hope. I will never forget her for that. Such a beautiful, loving soul. God speed my dear friend, you will be missed greatly.

tricia keegan 02-21-2010 12:16 PM

I could'nt believe what my eye's were reading when I logged in just now. I'm so shocked, sad and in total disbelief this beautiful strong lady is gone from us:(
Like everyone has already said, I too was a great admirer of Maryann and I think she instilled so much of her own fighting self into all of us and continually gave us hope.
I loved reading her updates that were so detailed, and recall despite her own trials she tried her best to help me get a dvd of the film on the making of herceptin which was'nt available here.
I can't take in the fact I will no longer see those updates from her and my heart is heavy.
My deepest condolence's to Liz and Maryann's family.
Rest well Maryann xx

Shobha 02-21-2010 12:17 PM

My deepest condolences for Mary Ann's family. May she rest is peace.

hugs,
shobha

Hopeful 02-21-2010 01:02 PM

I, too, admired her strength and spirit and determination. Liz, you and Mary Ann and her family are in my thoughts. She was so very lucky to have a friend like you.

Hopeful

chrisy 02-21-2010 01:31 PM

Liz, as you see you were not the only one touched by Mary ann. I will forever remember her "never give up" attitude.

Yesterday when I first read this, I was very sad. Today I saw your comments, and find myself smiling as I read "she always wanted to go to Europe". And knowing she, once again, will get her way! Thanks, Liz.

naturaleigh 02-21-2010 02:54 PM

These last few months have been too much to bare. My heart grieves with all these wonderful men and women that have been taken too soon.

I have to make a correction on the title of this post and many of the other posts: they are not Angel's now, they were Angels while they were here on earth. Each one of these wonderful people were so much incouragment to me and to many others. They all will be greatly missed.

Liz, you and Mary Ann were truely blessed to have such a great friendship. I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Patb 02-21-2010 03:08 PM

I just came to the site after taking a few days off and
my mouth dropped open. What a fighter she was and
an inspiration for all. What sadness there has been of
late. Resilience of spirit is what we all need to make
it through these times. Hugs to all and take care.
Prayers for the family and loving thoughts.
patb

Barbara2 02-21-2010 04:00 PM

Very sad news. My condolences to her family and all who loved her. I'm so very sorry.

Margerie 02-21-2010 05:25 PM

selfless beauty and grace... I will miss you MaryAnne!

Ceesun 02-21-2010 06:11 PM

So very sad to read this news. "Madame" Dubois... what a true lady she was to us and she certainly was our special lady on this board. May God rest her soul. And God, please send a break our way. Ceesun

Barbara H. 02-21-2010 07:51 PM

I just logged on and am totally shocked and saddened by this news. Mary Ann was such an inspiration to me, and that really does not say how uplifting she was, and the hope that she radiated. She went through so much and fought so hard to be there and to be the greatest mom for her children. My heart goes out to them. I will never forget her.
My thoughts are with her children, family, and friends.
Barbara H.

karen z 02-21-2010 11:34 PM

Such very sad news about Mary Ann. Thank you to everyone for your beautiful posts and, Christine, thanks for the wonderful photos. It was wonderful to see Mary Ann surrounded by friends and "that guy".
Best wishes for all,
Karen

BonnieR 02-21-2010 11:48 PM

Like everyone else, I am shocked and so sad. I felt like I knew her. And she just seemed so invincible...

Lori R 02-22-2010 06:14 AM

I was so shocked and saddened to see the post. Maduboise was a constant source of inspiration as it appeared that as long as you had a fighting spirit you could win the war.

I am so happy that she was able to get her son and daughter into college and onto the beginning of their adult life. I grieve that she did not have a chance to be here to continue to bask in the joy her children provided.

May you soar above the pain and worry.

Love, Lori

fauxgypsy 02-22-2010 07:19 AM

I am so sorry. She was so much a part of this board. So many thoughtful, wonderful women (and men gone).

schoolteacher 02-22-2010 08:46 AM

I am sadden to read about Mary Ann. Her family will be in my prayers.

Amelia

RhondaH 02-22-2010 09:18 AM

I have no words, only sadness...my prayers go out to her family...

lexigirl 02-22-2010 09:39 AM

Oh no... I cannot believe this. I am so very sas to read this.

I will miss her stories. I loved to read her adventures and lived a little bit through them. She had a wonderful knack for writing her stories.

Liz, you are a precious person. What a wonderful friend you are. My heart is aching for you and MaryAnn's family.

Thank you Lord for MaryAnn and the gift she was to all of us.

Lexi

suzan w 02-22-2010 02:13 PM

oh CRAP...........

Terri B 02-22-2010 03:36 PM

So much sadness here lately. Seems like every time I log on, another sister has lost the battle. I'm shaking my head.

RIP sister Mary-Ann :'(

DanaRT 02-23-2010 09:17 AM

This is a shock. Mary Ann will be missed. Prayers to the family.

R.B. 02-23-2010 04:21 PM

I always enjoyed madubois' post.

I am very sad to hear the news that there will be no more of these ever positive inspiring posts.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

RB

ita 02-25-2010 10:38 AM

So sad. She was one of those people that when I would come on the boards I would search for her posts to see her updates. No matter her situation she was always upbeat. Made me feel like all her issues were nothing compared to everyone else's. What a selfless, loving, giving person. Condolences to all who knew and loved her.
Rest in peace, Mary Ann.

WolverineFan 02-25-2010 10:44 AM

Thank you for letting us know. I am stunned and so saddened to learn of her passing. She was a great inspiration on the board to all of us. May she rest in peace.

sally 02-25-2010 05:59 PM

Mary Ann was another longtimer that was very inspirational to me. It's so sad to here of her passing. May she be at peace knowing her children are adults and she did a great job getting them where they are. I was just thinking of her and wondering how she was. We will all miss her deeply. Sally

margaret 02-26-2010 07:02 PM

Thanks to Joe and Christine for setting up this fantastic website.
How else would I have been able to share in Mary Ann's magnificent life. It's truly incredible how I've never met her but I can almost feel her smile and hear her laugh. She shared so much with so many on this website through the years. I am so glad to have had the chance to know her. Thank you to Mary Ann and blessings to her family at their time of such loss.

Bill 03-01-2010 10:49 PM

What sad news. Madame Dubois was truly one of a kind. She had some of the best avatars and stories to tell. She will be missed.

Soccermom 03-01-2010 11:43 PM

MA you have certainly made a difference in the way we see our lives...your spirit and optimism were amazing and your posts always left me shaking in amazement at your strength and humor...so many things can be said, but the most important thing is that you dear lady, will be sorely missed by many.
Liz, thank you for filling us in.Please extend my condolences to Madames family,
for her daughters...
""I am here, I am deep in your heart. I am in all the joys we lived together, all the sorrow too. I am in the way you walk and talk and smile. I am in the things I taught you that you don't even remember learning. I am in the sunshine of your day, the rain and storm clouds too. I am in your talent and your treasures, deep inside. I am in the look in your eyes when you wonder and behold the day. I am in your tears that search for me and can not see for the rain within your eyes. I am in your longing to find me once more close to you. Here I am, wherever you may be. There I am wherever you go. Carry me within you as once I carried you. Deep inside where no one, nothing can ever take me from you. Be at peace my beloved children. Mom is here." author unknown
Sadly,Marcia

Sheila 03-02-2010 05:45 PM

Such sadness....we have so many angels watching over us...I feel blessed to have shared Mary Anns life. Her inspiration will be missed!

Kavy 03-06-2010 12:36 AM

It's so sad to hear about Mary Ann's passing. I am shocked. She was an inspiration to me and to so many on this board. I admired her fighting spirit and her strength. She will be missed.
My prayers go out to her, her family and friends.
Thank you Liz for letting us know, I am so sorry for your loss (and ours), your were a great friend.
God bless you all.
KarlaV.

Sherryg683 03-08-2010 11:28 PM

I am truely sick at this news. She was always such an inspiration and such a fighter. I too remember her speaking of going to concerts with her daughter to build memories. With everything she fought through, I am so saddened to see she has lost her battle..sherry

chrislmelb 03-11-2010 01:57 AM

Dear MaryAnn, RIP.