HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Please !!!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40272)

Laurel 07-02-2009 07:05 PM

I come to this site to be inspired. Inspired by the courage of those who fight this disease with every weapon available and endure the travail of seemingly endless chemo and "zappings." Their astonishing bravery makes me believe I can face whatever the future has to offer because they have gone before me.

I am equally inspired by the successes, both small and large, of everyone on this board. Reports of NED thrill me with that priceless treasure...hope.

A heartfelt thank you to all who post and participate on this site. You make me proud to be among you.

nitewind 07-03-2009 09:10 AM

Here I am, late again but I'm here.
I just want to say that I love this board and these people so much that I don't know what I would do or what I would have done without them.
When I first came here, I was newly diagnosed and panic stricken. As I read along, I became encouraged to add a post or a thought (I'm not very good at that,as you may have noticed). I read of everyones treatments and found a lot of them were like mine.
I was given so much encouragement that I suddenly got to thinking.."hey, I just might make it afterall".
Like everyone else, I've done my share of crying here but I've also been overjoyed. I guess that's the way it is in life....good and bad. But, I always know where I can come either for advice or just companionship and understanding. No one can understand me like the people on this board.
I am so utterly amazed and encouraged by so many here. When I read Maryanns posts, all that she's been thru, and still....look at the smile on her face. It gives me so much hope. After being here so long, I now have that "Never give up" attitude, and it's all thanks to all of you here. I wish I could give something back, just know that I love all of you and you're always in my prayers.
Big warm hugs

Audrey 07-03-2009 10:13 AM

Just wanted to chime in with a comment about the list of life-lessons posted by Sheila. The author, Regina Brett, is a columnist for our local Cleveland paper--she is not 90 years old, only in her late forties but she is a breast cancer survivor and has spoken to various cancer survivor groups in the area over the years. She credits her cancer journey with many of the insights on her list--thought we all could appreciate one of the main sources of her acquired wisdom.

Diane H 07-03-2009 10:54 AM

I've said it before but gonna say it again. What a wonderful forum this is. I learn so much listening to all of you. And often a great deal of comfort. While I wish that I could be as eloquent as many of you, it's nice to know you all are here to take care of that. When I was first diagnosed and in the grip of terror and despair that comes, this site I truly believe kept me sane. My poor husband found that out when our computer took a nose dive and I was unable to log on. I had a melt down and all I could articulate to him was how desperately I needed to be able to access this site. Sharing the good, the bad and the ugly, it's all part of the journey.
With love, Diane

Diane H 07-03-2009 10:56 AM

PS.... and specially for Christine and Joe....

....almost forgot the most important thing, how grateful I am to Joe and Christine. Thank you.

Greg 07-03-2009 03:50 PM

Bill said "Greg's avatar might seem really cool to some, but I just think I should change it to something that makes me look better. (maybe like a fake picture of Greg watching TV in a ratty T-shirt with mustard down the front"

LOL Bill, that wouldn't be a fake picture of me at all, more of a "Greg in his natural state and condition" photo!

The shark cage picture was taken last October in Hawaii and that's Vickie and me in there surrounded by about 50 sharks. I felt like "reverse sushi" in there and definitely can sympathize with the lobsters in the lobster tank at the seafood restaurant. It was before we found out about Vickie's cancer. To me it sort of depicts how we felt at first, sort of besieged by all of the scary things that were around us, feeling really alone with little help in sight. This board was like Jacques Cousteau and the Cavalry showing up!

By the way, do NOT change your avatar, I actually laughed out loud the first time I saw it. I needed that.

ElaineM 07-03-2009 04:48 PM

Please !!!!

I thought I would chime in to say that I like this message board just the way it is. People share, are inspired by and celebrate each other's successes. We sympathize with each other's pain. We pray for the people who are experiencing pain or difficult times. We can learn from each other's successes, and pain. We are after all human beings and behave like human beings in the non cyber world. The way we are is one of the reasons I joined this board. I signed up with a couple other boards, but I don't visit those boards as often, because I don't feel the warmth and friendship between humans that I feel here.

rl2 07-05-2009 12:32 AM

I think all members should be allowed to post whatever they think or feel, I am not sure censorship serves any purpose; people can read or not read what they want. My only concern sometimes is that there are posts in which people are trying to sell things, for instance, a book, which I find intrusive; I don't mind a suggestion, but there are instances where its more than that. Are these patients or authors? I thought this was a group for fellow patients or caregivers.

I personally find that part of these forums a bit off putting.

Terri B 07-06-2009 11:36 AM

Dang, What'd I miss???????

CourtneyL 07-06-2009 01:19 PM

I too come to this site to be inspired and am grateful to all of you for sharing your successes. A little over a year ago I was 30 years old, diagnosed with widespread metastatic disease and told that I had very little time left. I was frightened, angry, and sad beyond belief. And then I found this site. I began reading the success stories and I began to believe. You made me a believer and contribute more than you could ever know to the eternal hope that I carry in my heart. I cheer for you when you have success and my heart aches for you when things are not so great. I love to be able to share my good news and success with you and plan on doing so for a long time to come. Just had a PET/CT last week and look forward to updating you with good news once again when I get the results.

Even though we are mostly strangers, I consider you my "family" and am grateful to Joe and Christine for all they do to help us in this topsy turvey journey.

hutchibk 07-06-2009 05:05 PM

Reverse sushi!!! I love that Greg... almost made me spit my tea all over the keyboard. Thanks!

freyja 07-06-2009 08:16 PM

CourtneyL, best wishes for good results of your scan. We're here with you...waiting...waiting.....why do results take so long to get?!!!