HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   SAD NEWS - Lolly has earned her wings (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34299)

Brenda_D 06-11-2008 05:30 AM

I'm very sorry to hear that we've lost Lolly.
My thoughts are with her family and friends.

schoolteacher 06-11-2008 05:41 AM

I am truly sadden to find out about Lolly. My prayers are with her husband and the rest of her family.

Amelia

basset girl 06-11-2008 06:02 AM

I am so shocked. May God's peace surround Lolly's family and friends.

lilyecuadorian 06-11-2008 06:09 AM

no words only heartbroken...hate this #$%$ disease

Jean 06-11-2008 06:14 AM

Not another dear sister....
Dear sweet Lolly will be missed by all.
There are no words to describe my feelings.

To Bo,
Thank you for posting and sharing the loving care you and your family gave to your wonderful Mother. She was and will remain a special leader on our site.
She was such a comfort to all, always sharing information, using the site
for the intention it was designed...Your mother was always supportive, reassuring, a major contributor to our site. She demonstrated how to cope with this disease and come through this ordeal always ready to to get on with life, love and famiy. From your post it is clear she taught you well, as you read through your dear Mother's posts you will discover how much she was respected and loved. Please know your Mother's posts made everyone a little bit stronger!

With Love,
Jean

mts 06-11-2008 06:35 AM

This is very sad news... I'm glad she was surrounded by her loving family.

Lolly never failed to be there for us. I am sad that we were not more aware of her situtation, but respect her choice...

She will be missed

Maria

Catherine 06-11-2008 06:48 AM

Oh, my, this is too sad. I kept thinking her back would get better and she would be back on the site. We will all miss her so much. My love and support go out to her dear family. Thank you Steph for letting us know. And thank you Bo, for sharing the wonderful thoughts of your wonderful mother and father. Lolly was so full of wisdom and inspiration. She and I had a little Oregon bond and had planned to meet in Salem to take Tiptoe to lunch. Then our schedules got busy, so we let Tiptoe bypass Oregon. I regret that we did not try and reschedule. As Bo wrote, our dear Lolly can now rest.

Hugs to all, Catherine in Oregon

Ceesun 06-11-2008 07:09 AM

Oh No, not again. Lolly will be deeply missed. Ceesun

kimber 06-11-2008 08:09 AM

Much too sad to say anything now. . . . . .

She will be missed terribly.

Love to you Lolly. Be free

kim

Vi Schorpp 06-11-2008 08:18 AM

So very sad

for Lolly's family, and our family too. Lolly was so very selfless and giving, offering all she could to this board. I am stunned, and will miss her posts. May you find peace in the promise of everlasting life.

Colleens_Husband 06-11-2008 08:49 AM

I send prayers out to Lolly and her family. She obviously meant a lot to the Her2 community and she will be missed.

Lee

R.B. 06-11-2008 09:05 AM

I am so sorry.

I will miss Lolly's cheerful positive helpful and sympathetic posts. I was always felt positive when I saw one of her posts and looked forward to reading it.

RB

Joy 06-11-2008 09:29 AM

No!NO!

Oh my God, I cannot believe it. I had no awareness that anything like this was happening. I CANNOT believe it. Thank you for the post Steph and I'm glad her husband called you. To her family I send so very much love and hope they know what Lolly means to all of us. I love you Lolly!

Believe51 06-11-2008 09:41 AM

To The Family and Friends Of Our Angel Lolly

I too read this post over and over before I could respond, completely devastating news to hear. I want to first thank Steph for informing of this news, especially because there is no gentle way to share such a thing. And Bo, your post made me cry as I read it, knowing how tough that was to do....I salute you.

Her support to us all reined supreme and her sweet demeanor helped to make my husband's journey easier to swallow. She was truely an amazing Warrior and we are surely blessed to have had the chance to love and support her.

I will keep you all in prayer all we delve forward into the future without these Angels by our sides. They have earned their wings and halos.

Lolly, I already miss hearing you and seeing your smiles. You will never be forgotten!>>Believe51 & Mighty Oak

kcherub 06-11-2008 10:04 AM

I just am in shock. I knew she was having some issues, but was not prepared for this sad news. I guess we never are...

My prayers and love go out to her family, and to all of us here who have lost another of our wonderful friends.

Take care,

Marlys 06-11-2008 10:16 AM

I, too, will miss Lolly's contributions to this site. Bo and family please know she was loved by many here. My heart feels like it will break.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

Ruth 06-11-2008 10:19 AM

I am just in shock....this is something I just can't conceive. I don't even know what to write. Oh Lolly....

Vic 06-11-2008 11:11 AM

Lolly was so special to this place

I am so saddened to hear about Lolly, as she was a constant source of strength and support on this site. Her observations were so real and tender at the same time.

Condolences to her family and friends. Yes, Steph, Lolly has earned her wings. She will be missed.

XO,

Vicki

pattyz 06-11-2008 11:38 AM

Dear Bo,

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing these precious private memories with us...

May all memories of your mom give you comfort, now and always...

With deepest condolences and heartfelt sorrow,
pattyz

caya 06-11-2008 11:57 AM

Thanks Bo

for posting your personal insights about your dear mother for us.

She will truly be missed.

all the best
caya

janieR 06-11-2008 12:06 PM

I am so very sad and devestated for lolly's family.

They are all in my thoughts. It is not fair!

Janie

PinkGirl 06-11-2008 12:10 PM

I am adding my sadness
as well. This is so awful.
Sorry for Lolly and for all of us.

Cathya 06-11-2008 12:38 PM

I am so shocked and deeply saddened to hear this news. Lolly was online when I first came to the her2support site was someone I admired. As we both had supraclavicular node tumors I specifically watched for her comments and not only learned alot but received great comfort from her. I looked to her positive attitude as an indication that things were under control. Another brave angel taken too early. My sincere sympathies to her husband and family. I will miss her.

Cathy

Carolyns 06-11-2008 01:19 PM

My heart breaks. Please add me to the LONG list of people comforted by Lolly. This is such a huge loss. May God bless her family.

No words can express...

Love, Carolyn

bonnie 06-11-2008 02:31 PM

I am saddened by Lolly's loss. On June 28 and 29 I will be walking the the Rocky Mountains Avon Breast Cancer Walk. I will remember her and walk in her memory.

Bonnie

Becca 06-11-2008 03:08 PM

Much sadness at this news. May her family and friends be comforted by thoughts of what a great and wonderful lady Lolly was.

Paty 06-11-2008 03:38 PM

My prayers for the family of Lolly, she will deeply missed. I just can't believe this.

NanaKaren 06-11-2008 04:28 PM

I too, as with everyone else am stunned to hear of Lolly. Her last post gave no indication as to how really ill she was. My heart is breaking at losing another sister. I loved that smiling picture of her and is how I will always remember her. NanaKaren

Bill 06-11-2008 05:04 PM

Bo, thank you for your post. I'm fairly new to this site, and didn't "know" your mom very well, but she did reach out to me during very difficult times, and I will always be grateful to her for that. She was an amazing woman, and just from reading your one post, I can tell that you are an awesome young man. You are full of your mother's spirit and a walking, living tribute to her. Live your life well in her name and continue to fight the good fight. Peace to you and your family, Bill

dhealey 06-11-2008 05:27 PM

I am at a loss for words over this news. This disease knows no boundaries! My prayers go out to sweet Lolly's family.

juanita 06-11-2008 06:45 PM

Add my prayers to all of the many so far!

TriciaK 06-11-2008 07:09 PM

What heartbreaking news!

Thank you, Stephanie, for sharing this sad news with us. Lolly has been such an inspiration to me from the first time I posted on this site, as I know she has to all of us. She was one very special lady and a true Warrior. She will be so sorely missed here. I can't even imagine what her wonderful family is going through.
Bo, your letter was amazing and touched us all so deeply. Thank you! We all loved your mother, and appreciated how she shared herself with us here on this website. I know you have wonderful memories and I pray they will bring blessings and comfort to all your family. TriciaK

Chelee 06-11-2008 07:11 PM

This is such awful news its almost unbearable. Lolly was such a special person that no words seem adequate. I'm at a loss for words. We will all miss Lolly; she touched so many of our lives here on the Her2 board.

I want to send me deepest condolences to Lolly's family and friends. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Chelee

Kim in CA 06-11-2008 07:47 PM

This is so very sad that it just seems impossible. Lolly was such an amazingly kind, generous, and POSITIVE person. Her kindness always shown through in every post she wrote.

Steph, thank you for letting us know about dear Lolly. It was so like her not to complain much, probably not wanting to worry us.

And Bo, I'm teary reading your post as well. Thank you for sharing your personal thoughts with us. My heart is truly broken. Please accept my deepest and heartfelt sympathy for your loss.

Kim

hutchibk 06-11-2008 08:10 PM

Bo - your mom was an angel on earth. I know that she is getting the rest she deserves, and I know she will always look out for us and her family. This is just so heartbreaking. Love to you and your dad and all of your family. Your mom was an amazing person. And always know that she is the brightest star in the night sky.

Leslie's sister 06-11-2008 09:48 PM

I'm so sorry

What a shock. I wasn't expecting another sister. And Lolly. Enough already. Thank you for posting the news Steph. And thank you Bo for your words regarding your mom. She was a familiar name on this site and will be sorely missed.

What sad news. I pray for Lolly's family and all here to find the peace and comfort that our loving Father offers.

Lisa

belle 06-12-2008 01:19 AM

My sincere condolences to Lolly's family. I am deeply saddened to hear this news. I admired Lolly as a person and agree with all previously said posts that she was an amazing woman.

Bo, I agree with Bill, you seem to have picked up after your mom. The same warmly shining light who comes out a winner no matter what. Be a walking living tribute to her.

Unregistered 06-12-2008 02:07 AM

Hey everyone, it's Bo.

This thread just keeps growing and growing, and to think I never knew her presence on such a helping and heartfelt forum went this deep... What an absolute treasure to find. I thank you all so much for this.

People talk about how much her postings of support meant to them, the effect she was able to have on your lives with a few choice words expressed at the right time by a person whose experiences everyone knew were such a huge part of her life... I walk around the house and see her little trinkets in every corner knowing that she usually didn't put things on display like that unless they had a great personal meaning. I realize now that she did both of these things knowing that she didn't have to be there in person during every following moment for you to feel and experience the positive intentions she hoped would be born out by the initial acts of her kind and supporting expression. It's so hard to see all the little hints she left around but how could I ever ask for anything more to remember? We all meant so much to her and it seems like every little thing she left around has something inside thanking us for it. How could you ask for anything more than a blessing who just wanted everyone around her to be blessed themselves?

Diane H 06-12-2008 06:20 AM

Will miss her very much, what a shock - cannot seem to comprehend ....... bless her beautiful soul.

sherri 06-12-2008 10:10 AM

I'll walk 60 KM in Sept. in her memory

I have joined to walk 60 KM in first week of September in her memory; walk to end breast cancer. I'll put her name on my T-shirt and I'll tell everyone about her beautiful soul. She is one of the kind you can never forget. Bo your mom will be missed by anyone who had a chance to know her even with one short e-mail. My dear Lolly rest in peace until we meet in a better world.
Love for ever!