HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   So Sick of Anxiety (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58337)

NEDenise 07-06-2013 06:35 PM

Re: So Sick of Anxiety

1 Attachment(s)
Laughter is definitely the best medicine! :) And you guys are a great audience!

If I thought giggling would help the folks at NIH or DOD or ACS find a cure...
I'd be there in a heartbeat tryin' to crack them up!

Now...I'll let you in on a little secret...
Each of us has been accepted into the ranks of the elite CHEMO NINJAS!

We use our powers to kick cancer's butt! We dress all in black... why you ask? Because it's slimming! Duh! NO... I think it has something to do with stealth or scariness.

Anyway...when you have a minute, pop over to the "Keeping Your Mind Off Breast Cancer" part of the forum and let us know what your ninja name is - there's a helpful chart to help figure it out! :)

Mary Jo 07-06-2013 07:43 PM

Great post Penny. I like to say that we are all terminal. Each one of us. None of us are getting out of this life alive. Literally.

Some of us were given a situation where we have to face our mortality. That can be a good thing, in my opinion.

Waking up each day and saying ....thank you Lord for today. Not thinking of tomorrow and what it MIGHT hold. We don't know. None of us knows. Whether you've had cancer or not.

Grab a hold of today....wherever you are....live for it....live and serve others......Praise God for where you are......

Thanks again Penny.....Great post.

Sweet Blessings....

Mary Jo

Redwolf8812 07-08-2013 08:30 AM

Thanks for all the great advice, guys. I'm on ativan for anxiety. The doctor just prescribed remeron as an anti-depressant and as a sleep aid. Oxycodone also helps not only for pain, but for mood swings (no, I am NOT worried about becoming addicted to pain meds).

I think there was a cross-over of my threads. My scan was the 25th of June, and, Praise God, it was awesome! I could actually see Jesus in my mind's eye, radiating light towards me as I was scanned. My Lord and Savior kept me calm and filled me with reassurance. He is My Rock. The results showed that, of the previous "@ 20 lesions", only one was still viable, and it's smaller.

Love you all. Still praying for all of us, every single day.

- Penny

Cat 07-08-2013 08:40 AM

Penny,
So glad to hear about your great scan! Enjoy the relief.
Cathy

KirisMum 07-08-2013 08:52 AM

Wonderful news, Penny. So happy and relieved for you.

msmanuf 07-08-2013 01:55 PM

I know how you feel about anxiety, but on April 9th 2013 while have a CT Scan I turned all that over to God. Although I still have anxiety and cry; this is normal.

My stats are not posted, because I don't want to count the months or years with this disease. My Drs. manage my care. I show up when they tell me to and do what they they tell me to do.

Sending positive thoughts to you. We all handle our disease in a different way.

God Bless you,

Mary Jo