HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Eight years (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58062)

mamacze 05-13-2013 06:59 PM

Re: Eight years

YAHOO for YOU Karen Z!!! Who woulda thunk - 8 years ago that you would be mothering and nurturing your beautiful daughter all the way out the door to college?!? You gave her roots and now she will stretch her wings. What a wonderful and bittersweet time. How lucky she is to have you. She has learned more about hope and love and life under your watch, than most kids have learned in a life time. God speed and loads of wishes for another 8 (PLUS) good ones! Get your running shoes on!
Love and Hugs,
Kim (from CT)

karen z 05-14-2013 02:57 AM

Hey Laurel,
I don't know the expression "Cool Beans" but it sounds like something good.
K

karen z 05-14-2013 03:02 AM

Hi Kim,
Thanks so much. Your words are very meaningful to me and I appreciate them. I have been feeling like this is going to be a tough time (for a couple of years....I am sort of a wimp) but I need to concentrate on how lucky I have been to be with my daughter, watch her grow and develop to this point and see her on to her way to the next set of adventures (my college years were among my happiest- except for having my daughter- that will always be the best for me). Thanks for the reminder about exercise ! I need it !
Best,
k

Pray 05-14-2013 06:09 AM

You sure know how to make are day! Gods blessings to you Karen!

karen z 05-14-2013 01:52 PM

To Pray,
Many many thanks.
k

Laurel 05-14-2013 05:50 PM

Never heard "cool beans?" It's an oldie but a goodie! Loosely translated it means "terrific." Your 8 is great years will inspire many who first come here newly diagnosed and scared to death.

karen z 05-14-2013 08:04 PM

Laurel,
I have not heard the expression but will start to incorporate !!!
Thanks,
K

jml 05-15-2013 07:12 AM

Congratulations, on a great 8!
And for your daughter's achievements.

Enjoy your summer and savor every new experience -
including road tripping to her college in the fall, moving her in
and celebrating the next stage of life for you both!
Much hugs to you both!

Keep the Faith~

Jessica

karen z 05-15-2013 04:07 PM

Jessica,
Thanks so much for your wise words. Will try very hard.
K

Pray 05-16-2013 11:10 PM

Karen, I'm humbled by you thanking me when it is all of you women who continue to check in and give updates! I am ever so thankful for each and everyone of you here. The good and the bad all keep us going. I think we all are continually looking for encouragement and seeing the many ways to fight. Just look at Jessica's pic there is a woman in full battle mode. Most of my encouragement kindness and fight the good fight has come from the stage four sisters. For this I am ever greatful Thanks again lil Sis. We are so blessed for knowing all of your!

karen z 05-17-2013 05:33 AM

Thank you Pray. I feel blessed to have found this incredible group of strong, highly intelligent, funny and brave women. And you are right. The good posts (and the bad ones perhaps) keep us grounded and fierce in our fight against the set of diseases we all share. I know I have laughed much and cried much on this site.........and learned many important lessons (if I would just listen) on how to live one's life.

janieR 05-17-2013 12:24 PM

Karen,

Very happy for you.

I will be 8 years at the beginning of next year and feel so positive through this site that I intend to be here. As Tricia says "time does fly"

Janie

karen z 05-17-2013 09:09 PM

Hi Janie,
Thanks so much. The site is wonderful and so helpful to all of us. I look forward to viewing your Eight is Great posting soon. Time does fly by a very strange way (especially the older one is!) but I know that for all of us..........some aspects still feel a bit "raw".
Best,
k