HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   who is lani? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54520)

Lien 05-28-2012 04:26 AM

Re: who is lani?

Oh Lani is not at all a tall blonde! I'm quite sure she is of African American descent with gorgeous big brown eyes and she walks like an Ethiopian Empress. She has a great sense of humor and her whole being radiates warmth. She has a sharp mind and a quick wit. She is in her early fifties but looks ten years younger. I can just picture her, sitting in front of her computer, reading a new article that has caught her interest.

I would love to meet her!

Jacqueline

Estelle 05-28-2012 07:10 AM

Sassy, you are too funny!

Rolepaul 05-28-2012 09:28 AM

I get the feeling Lani had someone close that had a cancer issue and decided that she would take on the job of informing others of options. I know she is good at research and finds the articles that are pertinent to this board. Her response to the research is really well thought out. She is well respected among leading BC people to meet those she has. Lastly, her privacy is one that I respect. I understand that her position in an organization may be at risk if there was knowledge that she were responding with the technical level she does. I am in the same boat. My company does not do any cancer research or make any medications for that area of treatment. Despite that, I am not allowed to give my opinion openly on any matters without corporate approval. However, in my current role (as Rolepaul) I can give the information that I know on drug development, past history of work on cancer diagnostics and therapeutics, and let you know how my wife Nina is doing with her BC to Brain/Spine mets struggle.
By the way, if Lani is who I think she is, she is about 5'4" with clurly dark hair. She might be outside of DC or in the SF bay area as I have heard both for a particular individual. If I am correct, I understand even better why she stays in the shadows.
I vote Lani for FDA commissioner.

suzan w 05-28-2012 01:29 PM

I think Lani also does research for NCIS, one of my favorite shows. They always have the "brainy one" who comes up with just the right information at the critical time to help solve the case! And with a great sense of humor too!!! Thank you Lani for your mysterious ways. I, too, love it when you post something new!!!

PinkGirl 05-28-2012 02:52 PM

This is what I know about Lani ... with certainty:

1) she lives in an old apartment building in New York City.

2) her walls are papered with tinfoil.

3) she often wears a metal collander on her head.

4) she has 55 copies of Catcher in the Rye.

tricia keegan 05-28-2012 03:43 PM

Lol Pink, I'm amazed she can bear not to respond to all this!!!:)

Mtngrl 05-29-2012 08:05 AM

I love Lani, whoever he or she is.

Laurel 05-29-2012 04:56 PM

Hey, Sass, your gams are just fine!

Laurel 05-29-2012 05:08 PM

BTW, guys, you have so NOT disappointed me! And just for the record Lani is slated to be the model for Mattel's newest Barbie: Bio-Barbie! This one will have long hair (of course, it's a BARBIE), long bendable legs, toes pointed, dressed in a lab coat over a very stylish dress. To make sure every little girl on the planet knows she is brainy she will have wear glasses!

I for one will be keeping mine in the box for the next 50 years so it is worth serious shekels to collectors! Keep an eye out! It should hit the market any day now!

CoolBreeze 05-29-2012 06:36 PM

It never occurred to me to even wonder "who" Lani was. It's obvious to me - she's a smart woman who likes to post interesting research.

Now you all have me wondering if she's some movie star or something. Hey, I know one or two had HER2 cancer. Lani is a pretty glamorous name.

radiant 05-29-2012 06:44 PM

I Love Lani too / she provides more hope
with her Amazing research posts than anyone
I know / and I've been doing this for 7 years!!

Kim

schoolteacher 05-31-2012 10:10 AM

I love you, Lani. Have a great day.
Amelia

michka 05-31-2012 10:29 AM

Thank you Lani for giving your time to try to make our group stronger through information and knowledge. It helped so many of us. Michka

ElaineM 05-31-2012 10:30 AM

If I were Lani and saw this thread I would never post here again !!!!!!!!!!!
Lani please excuse some of the comments made by people in this thread.
We love you and we appreciate your participation very much !!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for all your hard work on our behalf. I think you are a great help to all of us. Please continue your participation for those of us whole appreciate you.

rhondalea 05-31-2012 11:40 AM

Oh, I think this thread--which started with Sarah's very understandable curiosity--has evolved into a beautiful tribute to an amazing contributor to this forum. The love and respect underlying all these posts is very evident.

If such homage were paid to me, I'd be doing a happy dance.

Unregistered 05-31-2012 04:44 PM

ElaineM, I think your comments are a bit harsh! This is a light hearted thread, lots of us are curious about Lani, I'm sure we are all very grateful and appreciate all her advice but that does not stop us from wondering...

StephN 05-31-2012 05:18 PM

We all have some kind of picture of Lani in our mind's eye, and feel grateful for this person's presence. And maybe enough has been said.

Laurel 05-31-2012 05:54 PM

I am picturing Lani belly laughing over this bit of fun. Lani has a sense of humor! If she did not previously know we all adore her, she surely does now! I learned some very interesting "Lani facts" from Sarah's innocent question such as her being a true kindred Her2 sis with all of us having had her own personal "Her2 encounter." I never even considered Lani might be one of US.