HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   update from Pam (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52562)

NEDenise 12-19-2011 08:32 AM

Re: update from Pam

Pam!
Thanks for sharing all that great news! It sounds like the wedding was beautiful! (as was the Mother of the Groom!)

Hoping that foot is quick to heal!
Merry Christmas! And lots of good wishes for a Happy 2012!
Denise

tricia keegan 12-19-2011 12:02 PM

So glad to read your good news Pam and hope the neurologist will be able to help you!

Ceesun 12-19-2011 06:58 PM

Yes! Yes! So thrilled for you Pam!!! Ceesun

Catherine 12-19-2011 09:25 PM

Pamgirl,

I like your new name and I like your good news! Leave it to Pinkgirl to make your name sound like her name....maybe you are cousins. Congratulations on the marriage of your son. Sounded like a wonderful ceremony and celebration. So happy you were a big part of it.

Wishing you good luck with PT and help with your dropped foot. Good to hear your good news about your numbers. Thinking of you!

Paty 12-19-2011 11:19 PM

Pam,

I am sooo happy for you. Keep the good faith and I know things will get better and better. Great to hear you had a great time at your son's wedding. Love.

Paty

Laurel 12-20-2011 06:25 PM

I am totally grinning from ear to ear, Pam. This is wonderful news excepting the danged drop foot difficulty. You are our resident hero, kiddo! Go whack those moles! Beat the snot out of 'em!

Have a wonderful holiday season!

Pam P 12-21-2011 05:42 AM

Thank you, thank you, for all the encouraging messages!

I had a physical therapist at the house on Monday - just in-take; she'll be back for 4 visits (that's all they allow) but it won't start for a couple weeks. She said my muscles are very weak in her assessments. Guess I knew that but was hoping for better.

I saw the neurologist yesterday. She said no clear cause; talked about doing lots of tests which think are overkill and think I won't do. I'll see what my onc. thinks. She doesn't necessarily relate it to my fracture. although with the timing it seems obvious to me. Said therapy may/may not help. Often it doesn't improve if there's been nerve damage. Not what I want to hear. Friday I get fitted for a brace which will fit in my shoe to keep my foot flexed and help me walk. I hope it does.

Sheila 12-22-2011 06:06 AM

Pam...so excited to read your good news. I am betting the wedding was amazing, and you were a beautiful mother of the groom....we of course want pictures....hoping the foot drop improves..it is common if the leg isnt utilized alot. Hoping the new year brings you peace, strength and health...in abundance!

schoolteacher 12-27-2011 01:26 PM

Glad to hear your good news, Pam. Congratulations on the wedding.

Amelia

ammebarb 12-27-2011 05:52 PM

Hi Pam. I've been absent for a while, but came on today, hoping that there would be an update from you. I am so very glad to read your mostly good news. Hope you can get some help for the foot. Sounds like a lovely wedding....how wonderful that you could be present!

Barb A.