HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cancer Etiquette: Talking to Someone With Cancer (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51939)

pinkpeonie 01-13-2012 06:35 AM

Re: Cancer Etiquette: Talking to Someone With Cancer

Hi Ladies

I havent been on here for some time and have only just realised how many replies I had to this post.

I have only just read them now - not quite sure how I didnt get them before !!!
Anyway - I just wanted to say thank you so much for your supportive comments and so sorry that you didnt hear from me!!!

You will be pleased to know that I am actually going to look at a new school next week after all the sheenanigans of last year.
Am thinking a fresh start my be needed!!!

Trust you are all doing as well as possible and so sorry for the delayed response!!!

Have agreat day
Pinkpeonie xx

pinkpeonie 01-13-2012 06:41 AM

Thanks Denise
I am still working this site out - I have only just read these posts after all this time!! Your comments did make me smile and thank you.
We hung in there til the end of the year but am looking into other options now!!
Hope you are doing well.
Take care PP.

meo 01-13-2012 11:06 AM

I still have 2 more sessions of TCH, with Herceptin until October 2012. During the chemo, some well meaning comments of folks can be tough to take. As I was previously without medical problems, went to the gym, stayed slim, I thought I'd tolerate the chemo well. NOT! It has really taken it's toll on me...IBS, neuropathy, muscle aches, headaches, mouth sores ....etc., you've heard these already (even my nails hurt.)
Hearing of ladies accomplishing amazing tasks and coping so well made me feel like a failure at first. So glad we keep a positive attitude on this forum, I have benefited greatly from that. And I think you all will understand when I say that hearing of other's struggles has helped me put my journey in perspective and made me feel much less alone and given me strength to cope.
A big thank you to all my sisters on this site.
(still don't have my signature done :o)

Westcoastgirl 01-14-2012 05:50 PM

Pink Peonie, I am a retired teacher. This teacher's behavior is worth a call to the principal. The teacher needs to be educated to save yet another situation such as you describe from happening. Intolerable!

KDR 01-14-2012 06:45 PM

I had my daughter's classmate's mother ask me, "What's your prognosis?" Crass, and she's a doctor. My response, "I don't know, what's yours?"

Also, never remind someone that you are just "Stage 0" or just "Stage 1" or any other lower stage than a Stage 4 patient, especially if you know the patient to be just that. It's almost of if the speaker/writer needs some kind of safety barrier and/or confirmation that they are not "as bad off" as the other, later Stage patient.

Karen