HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I fell and broke my femur (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51843)

Sheila 10-22-2011 04:18 AM

Re: I fell and broke my femur

Pam...just read this, I am so sorry that you have yet another setback....but your sons wedding will be here soon, and whether you can dance or not is not important...you will be the most beautiful mother of the groom walker or not....you have so many people keeping you close at heart and in their prayers...stay strong, this is just another bump on the cancer path!
Sending a big hug!

Becky 10-22-2011 08:16 AM

I am thinking and praying for you Pam. Hang in there. We are here for you.

Bill 10-22-2011 07:44 PM

You hang in there, Pam! I hope you're doing okay today. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ellie F 10-23-2011 08:50 AM

Pam
just what you didn't need! Praying for a speedy healing so you can enjoy the wedding.
Ellie

Barbara2 10-26-2011 11:57 AM

Hi, Pam, sorry to hear about your fall. Thinking of you and hoping you will not need your walker when December rolls around.

What a great event to be looking forward to. Take care of yourself and enjoy the wedding. I know you will...what a blessing to be here and to be able to attend your son's wedding, plus...getting a daughter, too. Blessings to you all.

Catherine 10-26-2011 05:38 PM

Dear Pam,

You have a right to be bummed out. Like you said tho, the rod was already in place. Everyone at the wedding will be happy to see the cute Mother of the Groom, even if you have to have a walker for a little extra security. Hoping and praying for a fast mend. Thinking of you and sending you lots of love.

Paty 10-26-2011 09:15 PM

Pam, I am so sorry to hear that you have to deal with one more thing on top of all the burden that you already have. I will keep you in my prayers, I know that your son's wedding is a great illusion and that will help you a lot in your healing. God bless you dear Pam.

Paty

schoolteacher 10-27-2011 07:37 AM

Pam,
Hope you are feeling better.

Amelia

fullofbeans 10-28-2011 05:01 PM

Pam so sorry to hear. the accumulation of health conditions to deal with is sometimes overwhelming but please don't be discouraged forget forgive but don't give up, even is sometimes you need to roll with the punches, sending you prayers/good vibes

Kavy 11-09-2011 10:07 AM

Pam,
I'm sorry to hear about your fall and broken femur. I hope and pray you are feeling better, and that your balance problem is getting better too. I will PM you soon.
A big hug,
KarlaV.

Lien 11-09-2011 01:03 PM

Bone fractures are so very painful! I think you are being quite brave, actually. Let's hope that you make 4 steps forward as soon as it's healed. And I'm sure your son will just be delighted to have you at his wedding, with or without a walker.
This too shall pass!

NEDenise 11-14-2011 11:11 AM

Pam,
Just wondering...how is your leg these days?
Hope it's hurting less each day!
Thinking of you, and praying for you.
Denise

Pam P 11-14-2011 02:46 PM

Thank for checking, Denise. It's been four weeks today since I broke the bone. Overall I think there is slight improvement sometimes. Still discomfort. yesterday my foot/ankle were all swollen. I don't know why, I didn't do anything to it that I know of. Still using the walker and not able to walk much. So frustrating.... I'm trying not to let myself get too crabby!

NEDenise 11-14-2011 02:54 PM

Pam,
You're entitled to a little crabbiness! IMHO
But you don't strike me as someone who could ever be too crabby.
Still praying for a beautiful wedding day for your son and his bride!
Denise

Laurel 11-14-2011 05:55 PM

Pam,

I was glad to see an update and that your fracture is coming along, albeit at a maddeningly slow pace! You did not mention how you are feeling. Is your strength returning and are you able to eat a bit more comfortably? Hang in there, Brave Lady.

Pam P 11-14-2011 07:21 PM

Laurel-
I am able to eat better. The megace has helped with that. I haven't gained back any strength; I think it's worse since the break.

Laurel 11-14-2011 08:07 PM

I am sorry to hear of the continued weakness, Pam. It is a positive note to learn you have an appetite again. Perhaps with the increase in diet you will begin to perk up. A fractured femur is a no-joke break that does take a seemingly inordinate amount of time to heal. I so hope you begin to have some good days soon.

Jean 11-14-2011 08:53 PM

Pam,
As dear Brenda always says, "crap on a crap stick!"
Sorry to hear this news but had to smile to hear about your son's upcoming wedding. Now that is a reason to get rid of that walker....I have a hunch
you just may be doing a tiny bit of twinkle toes.

Sending you strong healing wishes!
Jean

ElaineM 11-15-2011 10:33 AM

I am so glad you are able to eat more. Our bodies need fuel (food) and water to do everything, including getting stronger and heal orthopedic issues. Can you include some dairy products and dark green veggies in your diet? They help the bones.
Take good care of yourself. Enjoy your son's wedding !!

ammebarb 11-19-2011 06:00 PM

Oh Pam, I haven't been to the forum for a while and just saw that you broke a bone. Hoping that it is gradually improving and that you will gain some strength with your improved appetite. Sending a gentle cyber hug and lots of wishes for improvement before the wedding.

Barb