HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   update - on wbr & how I'm feeling (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49612)

tricia keegan 04-14-2011 01:56 PM

Re: update - on wbr & how I'm feeling

Pam,

I don't know enough to advise you but wanted you to know I'm sending a huge ((((hug))))) and really hope you feel better soon.
Don't expect too much of yourself too soon though as you've been through a lot, but thanks for updating us and I really hope things improve for you soon and we're all here thinking and praying for you! xx

chrisy 04-14-2011 03:24 PM

Pam, MaryAnne said it perfectly. Where else can you lay out your true fears and be wrapped in love and concern...and the appreciation we all have for your strength and resolve. Thank you for being here for all of us; and for giving us the gift of being able to love you.

krisvell 04-14-2011 04:04 PM

Dear Pam,
Please know that I really care about you and hope that you start to turn the corner real soon and start to feel better. You've been through just about everything and have made it through. So, it's your time to heal and recover real soon.
Praying for you everyday and sending healthing thoughts your way.
Hugs,
Kris......

Pam P 04-14-2011 05:31 PM

Thank you all for helping to carry me up - I treasure all of your words.

I saw the onc. today. He thought I looked much better than last week (i still had )pneumonia then) He started me on halaven today. I'm so glad to have gotten a tx at last. Now I wait & see how I tolerate it in this weak state - a day or two will tell.

Becky - I would be happy to take medical marijuana. No issue with that for me at all - whatever works should be utilized.
Jackie - medical marijuana - stope mets????? Why isn't it used then - we should have advantage of this.
I was going to ask the onc today about it and totally forgot - hopefully I'll remember to ask next week.

Laurel 04-14-2011 07:07 PM

Pam,

If you weren't a bit knocked back after all you've been through, I'd be surprised. It is hard to be "baby sat" and just feeling weak and exhausted is defeating. I bet you feel like having a good cry. Trouble is that takes energy!

I think Becky had some wonderful suggestions to assist you in gaining back your strength. I will add that time out from rads will help, too. Also, medical marijuana is very helpful and not something to shun.

I was glad to see you had posted. My worry meter was all the way over to" EXTREME" so I was happy to see your update, though saddened to hear you are feeling so punk. Praying you gather strength as the days go by until you feel more like yourself. Hoping also that your WBR zapped those mets back to Hell where they came from and that you may resume Halaven and respond beautifully. You and Sheila are our Timex Energizer Bunnies. You take a lickin' and keep on tickin'!!!!!

I really hope you get a long run and find your way to NED!

v-ness 04-14-2011 08:07 PM

dear pam, i had hoped to log on here and find you feeling better than this, but i guess there is a fight back from all you've been through. it's clearly a trial, but i am so glad you turned to this group for support. you knew just where people would understand what you're going through. it will be good to get some PT and regain your strength and independence. please take good care of yourself and believe in getting better. valerie

Kavy 04-15-2011 03:13 AM

Pam,
I'm sorry to hear you are still not feeling well, but remember that your last WBR was not too long ago, and you are probably still getting the side effects. You also said that you are stopping Decadron, and I hope you are doing this very slowly because last week I tried to stop decadron, I was on 2mg daily, so I went one day yes, one day no for about a week, and then stopped taking it. I ended up in bed for 4 days without any energy, any strength, the only thing I wanted was to sleep, and I slept day and night, neither TV or computer interested me, nothing. I started vomiting, so my husband called my radiation oncologist, and he said I had to go back on the decadron. A few hours later, I was feeling better, and I did not feel like sleeping anymore. I think that your weakness, lack of energy, not being able to get out of bed has to do with the decadron. As Stephen said, once you are off that horrible drug for around 10 days, you might feel much better.
I'm happy to know you had Halaven yesterday.Yeah!!!! Did you get it with Herceptin? By the way, I was trying to stop decadron to start Halaven with Herceptin next week.
I'm sending healing prayers your way for you to get your strength back very soon, and feel like yourself again.
Hang in there.
A big hug,
KarlaV.

Shobha 04-15-2011 09:52 AM

Dear Pam, You have been such a strong fighter throughout. I can totally understand not liking being baby sat - I am also a very independent person and dread that. My fervent prayers for you to feel better soon and regain your strength!

Love
shobha

michka 04-15-2011 10:44 AM

Pam I am following every one of your posts . You went through so much. My heart is with you and I hope you will feel better soon and that Halaven will be easy and will work well. I would like to be able to do something to make you feel better. I can just send you tons of hugs. Love. Michka

schoolteacher 04-15-2011 12:50 PM

Pam,

Glad you were able to get the Halaven. Hope you are feeling better today.

Amelia

Elizabethtx 04-16-2011 01:22 PM

Pam,
You are such a fighter! I agree with everyone else....all you can do is take one day at a time. Even with no appetite, you need to snack on highly nutritious things throughout the day. Make every bite count. When I feel that way, hearty soups are the best. A little protein and yummy potatoes and vegs. It stays down and fills me up. Do you have someone to make this for you? That and little homemade bread with butter would strengthen you up in no time! Take care and know I am sending many prayers up for you!
Elizabeth

Gerri 04-16-2011 04:06 PM

Pam,

I hope you are feeling stronger today. So happy to hear that you were able to start your treatment. I hope it is exactly what is going to get you on that long overdue road to recovery.

Take good care,

Mary Jo 04-16-2011 07:38 PM

Hi Pam,

I was touched by your post..your honesty and your need to reach out to us. You are loved "sister" and prayed for by so many.

I am sorry you have to go through all this. I cannot imagine how tough it must be.

Praying that good things are on the horizon and your strength will become stronger.

Love and God's Peace ...

Mary Jo

Barbara H. 04-16-2011 08:19 PM

Hi Pam,
My thoughts have been with you. Your stamina and strength are truly admirable. I hope that your body will finally be given the chance to heal and that you will begin to feel better. Although I don't always respond to your posts, i read them and hope that you will regain your strength and your quality of life.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.

Catherine 04-18-2011 07:34 PM

Dear Pam,

Sending warm wishes and hugs your way. Keep up the good work of getting through these rough days. I was delighted to read that your doctor thought you were doing better and that you could restart the Havlen (sp). I like Becky's suggestion for all the calorie-laden foods you can eat, also the medical marijuana. You have been so brave and so strong. Hopefully, more food and a little PT will help you regain some strength. Thinking of you and sending you all the good wishes I can.

Hugs, Catherine

SoCalGal 04-19-2011 07:35 AM

Hi Pam,
Just checking in on you today...sending good thoughts and hopes that you are having a good day. xo

caya 04-19-2011 09:24 AM

Hi Pam,

I hope you have been able to tolerate you treatments well, and are starting to feel better.

all the best
caya

Kim in CA 04-19-2011 10:17 AM

Dear Pam,

Just wanted to send lots of love and well wishes your way. You are an amazing warrior and have come such a long way. Regaining strength after such a hit will certainly take time, but just remember the old "baby steps" rule, and you will get there.

Kim

Joan M 04-19-2011 05:15 PM

Pam,

Your treatments have been so draining, but with PT and an increase in your appetite, you'll be feeling much better soon. Your strength will come back soon, a little each day.

Joan

KirisMum 04-19-2011 05:37 PM

You're in my prayers, Pam. You are a woman of courage and grace, and an inspiration to all of us. Sending healing hugs your way.