HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   new development surgery on Saturday (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48128)

Paty 12-18-2010 11:23 PM

Re: new development surgery on Saturday

Pam,

I am so sorry that you have gone through sooo much. I just want to let you know that I am praying for you and your health and from this side of the river, sending you a big hug and best wishes for a prompt recovery.

Paty

schoolteacher 12-20-2010 10:06 AM

Pam,

You are in my prayers.

Amelia

Jackie07 12-20-2010 03:59 PM

Pam,

Didn't know if you have access to the Internet while in the hospital. Just wanted to check on you and hope everything works out as planned (that your son is available to take care of you for two weeks)

Be sure to take your pain medicine on time. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Gerri 12-20-2010 06:41 PM

Pam,

So sorry to hear that you are facing yet another hurdle; you have been through so much! Please know that you have the love and support of so many people behind you. Be sure and keep us updated.

Julie2 12-20-2010 06:46 PM

Pam,

Sending you hugs and best wishes.

Julie

laureen 12-21-2010 06:49 AM

Hope all is well. So sorry you have to go through this. Sending prayers and hugs. Enjoy the somewhat peace and quiet of the hospital. Take those meds, pain does not have to be unbearable.

ElaineM 12-21-2010 08:56 PM

Hugs Pam.I hope you are on the road to recovery by now.

Pam P 12-22-2010 05:52 AM

HI EVERyone! i LEFT hospital Tuesday. Im at a rehab for more pt & healing. Just didn't hink I was ready togo home. Hopefully this wil be a short stay here. Surgery went well, There was already a small frature in hte femur so good I got in when I did. I'm not in a lot of pain, but I'm on oxicodom. it manages the pain pretty well but also makes me foggy and groggy. I can fade out mid sentence and as you can see my typing sucks fur I'mm too groggy to fix it. Thanks for everything. I'll chck i again sonl''Someone asked abou chemo I take oral - tykerb so have had that everyday & I'm not due for herceping until 1/6 so mopefully can get to the clinic with help by then.

Yorkiegirl 12-22-2010 06:26 AM

Glad that surgery went well. Praying for fast healing. Have a wonderful Christmas.

schoolteacher 12-22-2010 07:07 AM

Pam,

So glad to hear from you.

Amelia

ammebarb 12-22-2010 08:51 AM

Pam, I have thought about you every day and specifically checked the sight hoping to hear about you. It's even better to hear from you! So glad the surgery went well. Sending best wishes for good healing and a return home as soon as you feel well enough. Good that you can continue the Tykerb as you recuperate.

Barb A.

PinkGirl 12-22-2010 09:04 AM

Thanks for checking in Pam ... your typing is fine :)
I'm glad you chose re-hab for awhile - just get your rest
and do what 'they' tell you to do and you'll be back home
soon enough.

If you like, you can play a few Lexulous words while you're
'foggy' ;) ... I'm bad

Ellie F 12-22-2010 09:19 AM

Hi Pam
Glad this is behind you now.Hope you have a good christmas as you continue the healing journey.

Love Ellie

michka 12-22-2010 09:20 AM

Pam I am happy you were able to give us some news and that the surgery is now behind you. You were right to choose re hab and I hope you will recover well and fast. Hugs. Michka

Mary L 12-22-2010 10:04 AM

Hi Pam. I was so happy to hear from you today. I too was praying for you and I am so glad that everthing went well. Your typing was great considering your medication I'm glad that you decided on the rehab as they are there to help you when you need it. I hope you heal quickly and have a Merry Christmas. Fondly, Mary L

Becky 12-22-2010 10:37 AM

Pam

I've been checking everyday to see if there was an update from you. Heal and recover dear girl. I am thinking about you.

tricia keegan 12-22-2010 01:58 PM

I also have been thinking of you Pam and hoping for a quick recovery, rest up and don't worry about the typing lol:)

Patb 12-22-2010 02:06 PM

Praying for a quick recovery for you. Rest, take the
meds, let everyone wait on you and heal. Take care
patb

chrisy 12-22-2010 02:52 PM

Take care Pam, glad that you are on the road to recovery. I agree with pink girl, your typing is fine. Better than my IPhone typing by a mile.

Chelee 12-22-2010 03:19 PM

Hi Pam,
It's so nice to hear from you! Not a day has went by that I haven't thought about you? That was a very wise choice going to rehab. Believe me...when I got home all I thought about is how I wished I was back in the hospital because I just needed too much help with everything. You will recover much quicker there since you will get more rest, meals brought to you--& good pain management. ;)

That kind of surgery takes alot out of you. So let them wait on you--bring you your food and just think about nothing but resting. :) I'm so glad this part is all behind you. Thanks so much for checking in with us. Rest up and let them take good care of you...if they don't I'm going to come down there. lol

Chelee