HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Herceptin / Tykerb (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Tykerb/ herception in stage 3a locally advanced patients (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46717)

Jackie07 11-05-2010 04:20 PM

Re: Tykerb/ herception in stage 3a locally advanced patients

ALLTO is currently on its Phase III and the patients will take the various treatments for one year. Here's a toll-free number to call for information:

Ph: 877-379-3718

DeenaH 11-08-2010 06:27 PM

I just got news today that my insurance approved my Tykerb!! I was stage IIIC at diagnosis, and since i did chemo before surgery, my fear was they would consider this treatment as adjuvent which put put me at an even earlier stage. All of my worry was for nothing though, because it's been approved! I also found out Friday that my doctor's office never followed up with my insurance after they supposedly requested authorization 3 weeks prior. My insurance company had no record of the request. That means that my onc's office must have re-requested approval on Friday and got approval today. That was fast!

Jackie07 11-08-2010 10:51 PM

Wonderful news! So happy for you, Deena.

Sandra in GA 11-09-2010 02:18 PM

Prayers have been answered! I am so happy for you Deena ~ Sandra

Ellie F 11-10-2010 01:11 PM

So pleased to hear your news. Praying for good results.

Ellie

Cat 12-02-2010 04:03 PM

I am currently on tykerb and herceptin indefinately and so far have felt very good. I was nervous at first about all the warnings but it has been very tolerable. The first month I had some diarrhea but now only peeling nails and slow growing nails and hair (no one can verify this is from the herceptin and/or tykerb). My concern is that the first month I received the tykerb from my hospitals pharmacy before we found out my insurance required we use their mail order specialty pharmacy. I am concerned that the tykerb is made unstable by the temperature during transport and that is why my symptoms are decreased and maybe the strength of the dose has been affected.

my2boys 12-05-2010 09:45 AM

My Tykerb is sent to me via UPS, usually the day after I order it. Never thought about the temperature thing, but not much I can do about it

The biggest complaint I have with Tykerb is that my liver numbers are up.....then back to normal.....then up....then normal. It's like a roller coaster. The diarrhea is manageable and it seems like it isn't as bad as when I first started. I still have 6 months to go on Tykerb, then I will continue on with Herceptin and also Arimidex, since my cancer recurred not only Her2+, but weakly ER+.

One thing I noticed.....Tykerb and dairy do not mix....diarrhea is worse if I eat dairy. I miss scrambled eggs, sour cream or even a bowl of ice cream.

Sandra in GA 12-05-2010 10:33 AM

My2boys,
I did not have any problems with scrambled eggs. I just added a little water and no milk. You are right about dairy products! Also fresh fruits and veggies. I just had to leave all of those off. I was able to eat canned fruits. The only veggies I had no problems with were green beans and asparagus. It was amazing how fast those problems went away when I finished. By the end of the week, I could eat anything I wanted. And, boy, were those fresh fruits delicious!
Sandra

hezzy 01-25-2011 01:24 PM

I am taking Tykerb,Xeloda for brain mets. Herceptin for her2+, and also zometa for bone mets. and anti.est shot since I'm est+
I take tykerb, and xeloda at home. Tykerb I take daily than Xeloda I take 14 on 7 days off 14 back on.
I go to Carle Hospital in Urbana, Illinios and see ONC. DR. Johnson she is great. I demanded that since I have brain mets she put me on something to help me fight other than just radiation treatment she agreed that it is known (yet, not proven)to add life.