HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   We buried our beautiful Maine Coon today:( (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41791)

Jackie07 11-08-2009 09:47 PM

Re: We buried our beautiful Maine Coon today:(

Tricia,

Sorry about your loss. My 'Puppy' (a 5.5 lb poodle) passed away in her sleep just half year after my surgery for recurrence. I always believed that she was sent by God to accompany me through all my surgeries and job losses. It could be a sign for letting go of the past - especially if you get a good MRI report next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Sheila 11-09-2009 05:57 AM

Tricia
So sorry to hear about Georgie...but at least there is some peace in knowing...doesnt make the loss any easier...keeping you in my prayers for a good report on the MRI....
Hugs to you!

Karen Wheel 11-09-2009 06:25 AM

Very cool stories of our other "kids" --- but I'm a cat fan too - don't have one now- as I had a huge tiger striped, named Max - in the US that I left with my dog with my close friend to live in the country at her horse farm (they both were raised together and I didn't want to separate them) and thought since my dog had problems with seisures and needed a indian herb to not have them - that getting her all the way to Italy would be too hard on her and shipping herbs here ---well, her "auntie Erin" said she would love to take them both. My big cat Max was so happy at the new place- I saw him every time I went home - 4 times now in the last 3 years - but Erin told me just about a month ago he never came home one night from one of his expeditions in the forrest - so we know he now a kitty angel --- I was so sad, even though hes not here in Italy - but you always feel it!

Hope your new tests come back fine. I just had my first MRI - (head and then torso) and they want to do another test of the liver - as there is something showing but they think (I HOPE!) its something in the film from the test - so I'm waiting now to hear from the doctors to get me in for another scan of just the liver --- they said not to be alarmed --- it was only for precaution ---so I'm trying not to worry!

So, let us know how it transpires....

Karen

WomanofSteel 11-09-2009 07:19 AM

Tricia I am sorry that you lost a part of your family. I am a fellow cat lover and I have ben in your shoes many times. It is hard to lose the little ones that give us so much unconditional love and comfort when we are ill. A big hug coming your way from NJ. Jacquie

tricia keegan 11-09-2009 08:43 AM

It's wonderful to read so many of your stories and know our fur babies help us all so much especially when dealing with this disease!
Thanks for sharing and for all your good thoughts and wishes.
It helps to believe Georgie is on the rainbow bridge and happy with his brother:)
Karen, how do we not worry lol!!! I can relate and will be keeping good thoughts for you too:)

Vi Schorpp 11-09-2009 10:32 AM

Tricia I'm so sorry about your loss. Yes, pets are every bit a part of our families. I lost my dog, Gizmo, this morning. He was a papillon, and just a doll baby. He would have been 16 years old in January, and this breed normally lives 12-16 years, so we were very lucky.
http://thm-a02.yimg.com/image/8e5780706372ba9c

He shared a lot of history with us, and our home will never be the same. He was excellent with little ones and every age group. Very patient, not a yapper, and fiercely loyal to all of us.

Good luck on your bone scan.

schoolteacher 11-09-2009 01:24 PM

Tricia,

I am very sorry about your cat. I will say a pray for you Wednesday. Let us know as soon as you find something out about your results.

Amelia

suzan w 11-09-2009 01:32 PM

Tricia, I am so sorry to learn of the loss of your dear kittie. As a fellow pet lover ( and mother!!) I know I love my pets like children and loss is HUGE. I had a Maine Coon cat years ago and she was a special cat. Now I have 2 dogs and 3 cats...lots of fur and love. Good luck on your scan!!