HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I just hate this part of the whole thing.... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41500)

Mary Anne in TX 10-22-2009 03:56 AM

Re: I just hate this part of the whole thing....

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_4_50.gif Irene just sending wishes for smooth sailing on Monday! I'm so glad you have a good team working with you.
ma

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp...p=ZCxdm994YYUS

Ceesun 10-22-2009 08:05 AM

Irene, You have fought such a good fight over many years that this seems so unfair---but I guess cancer is just that. Praying for a positive outcome on your evaluations and treatments. Sincerely, Ceesun

Karen Wheel 10-22-2009 09:41 AM

Irene -
Sorry to hear about this news... wow - you had to have been shocked the new tumors in the brain.

I have seen the pH diet work very well for those who are brave enough to give up most fun food (cafe, sweets and animal products!) ... I would suggest you buy the book that changed my life and see if you can do a counter attack (along with the doctors orders) with diet and nutrition to try to shrink (and it can happen) the tumors and heal your body. The book is simple to understand and lays out a very clear game plan on how to combat cancer with diet and nutrition.

I'm doing it and many of my new found cancer-chick friends are doing it too with success! Now, I'm new at this battle, but I plan to NEVER see the "c" word again in my body. However, I am taking responsibility for my end of the bargin for my bodies immune system health.

The book is:
A Cancer Battle Plan Sourcebook
By: David Frahm
Make sure you get this book as there are 2 Cancer Battle plans - the first one he wrote with his wife Ann, however this book is more complete and has more information.
amazon.com has them - usually can even buy a used copy for like half price or less.

It changed my life, and gave me hope - and also personal power over my body and my destiny.

Hope this helps!
Live long!!!!!!! Karen

Joan M 10-24-2009 03:47 PM

Irene,

I'm sorry to hear about your progression and the brain mets.

I think that making an appointment with the rads onc already is a good idea. It's not good to leave brain mets unattended for four to six weeks, not counting the time it would take for initial an initial appointment, fitting for a mask, and the radiation schedule.

Joan

Jackie07 10-24-2009 04:08 PM

Hi Pam,

Gamma knife should be effective as long as the tumors are not over 2 cm. Both Stephnie and Brenda (and many others) have had good experience with the treatment, it will be just a matter of when you are going to get the treatment.

Sending our prayers...

margiermc 10-24-2009 05:18 PM

Irene, i'm sorry to hear this , i live in the tampa bay area, my onc. is from moffit and he treated somebody
with your similar condition. she is doing well, 6 years
ago, this happened. If you need a 2nd opinion, you can ask me - i will give you my doc. phone. i will pray for
you, this scares me - also, he wants to to a yearly mri
on me - margie

Adriana Mangus 10-24-2009 10:57 PM

Hi from Adriana

Hi Irene;

I'm sorry you have to go through this.

I'm keeping you in my prayers.

margiermc 10-25-2009 02:27 PM

Hi Irene,
this is margie - new to all of this, I live in the tampa bay area -
Port Richey - I go to Gulfcoast Onc., my doctor came from Moffit.
I too, have liver met - treated with herceptin, carbo., tax. for 6 rounds and now on vaccine. Im scared, not afraid to admit it.
Im 47, teacher, mother of 2 18 and 19 yr. old, just bought new home, and started new career, when I found a lump, it all ended.
I'm a believer that there is a higher power in the healing process.
Please keep the faith, I will pray for you - anytime you like to chat
you can call me, sounds like we live close by.

Diagnose 8/8/08 - DCIS
lump. 9/2/08, clear lymph nodes
5 rad.,
Diagnose 10/17/08 - liver met
chemo 11/01/08 - tx, carb., her
2/11/09 - ned, normal blood work, tumor markers
6/26/09 - tumor vaccine - University of Washington
I fly from Tampa, FL to Seattlle Wa every mon. vaccine for her2
My dr. are Gulfcoast Onc., Dr. Bergier and DrSalazar in WA
My greatest physician: Jesus

jones7676 10-25-2009 03:36 PM

I am so sorry to hear your news...hopefully they will be able to come up with something for you. I will be thinking of you.