HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~In-Patient Hospice For Mighty Oak~Letting Go.... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41280)

ElaineM 10-02-2009 11:01 AM

Re: ~In-Patient Hospice For Mighty Oak~Letting Go....

I am so sorry to read about Ed's suffering and frustration. He wanted to stay at home. He is not happy in the hospital and may not understand why he is there or why you made the decision you made. It may be very hard for him to to accept that he may not beat the cancer. Nobody wants to accept that outcome.
Can the hospital reduce some of the drugs that may or may not be absolutely neccessary and just make him as comfortable as possible? Can you or someone else take some of his favorite things to him in the hospital? If he has some of his favorite things with him he may be more comfortable being in the hospital.
Does the hospital have a pain mangement department?
Maybe they can provide a little massage or a little healing touch for Ed. That might help make him a little more comfortable and relaxed.
Hug to Ed. Hugs to you. I will pray for God to comfort Ed.

Yorkiegirl 10-02-2009 11:58 AM

Marie please that you and Ed continue to reamin in my prayers.

CindyE 10-02-2009 02:25 PM

Marie,
I'm sitting here trying to think of what to type... This is such a difficult time and I can only offer my prayers for love, support, and release. Take care and (((hugs)).

Lien 10-02-2009 02:45 PM

Dear Sweet Marie,

This is the hardest time. When you see him slip away, and yet his body is still here. When you feel he is leaving and you have no choice but to let go. It's not your Mighty Oak talking, it's the drugs and the mets. They have taken over. But somewhere in there, he's still there. Even if he doesn't seem to trust you any longer. He knows your love is endless.

Hugging you and him, and hoping for a peaceful passage.

Love

Jacqueline

Jackie07 10-02-2009 02:58 PM

Marie,

When you hurt, we hurt. We miss your infectious laugh. But we also know that you have things to do. Please remember that we all love you and care about you very, very much.

Cal-Gal 10-02-2009 03:28 PM

So sorry Marie, may God Bless you and Ed

Lien 10-02-2009 04:05 PM

I re-read your post and although this may be superfluous, wanted to say this. Please don't forget to live in the here-and-now. You can work later, and fight this beast called cancer, but right now, you need to be where you are. Not all the time, perhaps, but you will find later that this is part of letting go, of adjusting to a new normal.

I missed out on that when my brother died, because I wasn't there, and it haunted me for years. Even though Ed isn't his old self, he's still here in a way. Give yourself time, hard and heartbreaking as it is. It will help you to live on the way he wants, or wanted, you to.

Warm snuggly hugs for you, sweet girl.

Love

Jacqueline

alicem 10-02-2009 04:31 PM

<<<HUG>>>

.... as always, you are both in my prayers.

Bill 10-02-2009 05:08 PM

Sending our love and prayers your way.

sassy 10-02-2009 05:46 PM

Marie,

May God continue to hold you and Ed in the palm of his hand, buoyed by the love of all who care for you.

Laurel 10-02-2009 05:51 PM

This, the longest of good-byes, will draw to a close soon. My prayer is for a few, sweet moments of lucidity from Ed for you. Know this, Marie, you have served Ed and all of us valiantly, and we are grateful and proud of you.

Karen W 10-02-2009 06:41 PM

I hope you can feel the hugs and love I am sending you right now.

Karen W.

DianneS 10-02-2009 06:43 PM

My heart goes out to you and your Mighty Oak.

(((Gentle hugs)))

Dianne

Lori R 10-03-2009 07:51 AM

Marie,
Mighty Oak is so fortunate to have you loving him, supporting him every step of the way. Enabling him to be properly cared for in a loving setting is absolutely the right thing. How amazingly strong you are to recognize this and take the proper steps to ensure his safety.

Mighty Oak is preparing to leave us on a wonderous journey, the difficult part for us that remain is that we won't be catching the train together. But, remember, we will ultimately reunite.

I am so pleased that you found such a perfect mission in life with your new position. Marie, it really is a calling. You are so passionate, brilliant and articulate. This cancer had better watch out because there is not another person that can tell the story of this journey better than yourself.

We are honored to have you represent the cancer warriors, as you are a true leader of the troops.

All my love, prayers, gentle hugs, a few tears and of course, that occasional curse word.

Love....Lori

Ruth 10-03-2009 08:22 AM

My love and hugs to you Dear Marie.
Ruth

Jean 10-03-2009 01:29 PM

Dear Marie,
Thinking of Ed and You - please know I keep both of you in my prayers.

Jean

suzan w 10-03-2009 03:38 PM

Dear Marie and Ed..there is nothing to say that hasn't already been said. My prayers are with you both XO Suzan

Paty 10-03-2009 05:04 PM

Marie, sweet Marie, unbeatable warrior,

Sending you all my love to both you and Ed, a big hug and my prayers for you through this difficult time.

Kavy 10-04-2009 03:37 AM

Dear Marie and Ed,
I am so sad that Ed's journey is getting closer to an end. I am so sad for what you are going through right now. I am so mad at this disease.
Sending you both my love, and praying for Ed's comfort and peace, and for you to be strong at this difficult time.
A big hug to both of you. God bless you.
Love,
KarlaV.