HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~Mighy Oak Update~August 10,2009 (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40699)

Laurel 08-10-2009 07:03 PM

Re: ~Mighy Oak Update~August 10,2009

Marie,

As always your courage brings tears to my eyes. I pray you are showered with the many blessings you deserve. Squeeze brave Ed's hand for me and know I am praying for you both.

Kavy 08-11-2009 02:44 AM

Marie,

I was having computer problems.
I am sorry to know that Ed had to stop Ixempra, but it is good news that the tumor markers are cut in more than half. During my 9 months on Ixempra, my tumor markers barely came down. I am praying that Ixempra will cross the BBB and that you both will have good news with the MRI results when Ed will be able to do it. I wonder if his short of breath is caused by Ixempra, because I also have short of breath lately.
I think Nalvabine is a very good drug, I was on it with Herceptin for 18 months and my liver mets disappeared, and my lung mets almost disappeared as well, they could hardly see them on the CT scans. This drug was very easy on me. Usually I had very mild nausea on the first few days after treatment, and my medication was food, after I ate, the nausea was gone. I did not feel tired at all, I felt like I was not on chemo, only at the end of the 18 months is that I felt my legs very heavy, and it was hard for me to climb the stairs of my house. My hair grew back while on it. I remember having mild neuropathy at that time, but my doctor said it was from Taxotere that I had before. I pray that Nalvabine will be as easy for Ed as it was for me.
If you have any more questions, please count on me.
Sending healing prayers for Ed, and prayers for your peace as well.
God bless both of you.
Love,
KarlaV.

jones7676 08-11-2009 07:34 AM

Marie,

I continue to think of the two of you daily....thank you for the update. I also still hope for a blessing for the two of you.

Terri B 08-11-2009 02:47 PM

thinking of you...

vickie h 08-11-2009 02:53 PM

HEY BIRTHDAY Twin,

You just wrap those loving arms around Ed, put on some Frank sinatra tunes (or Dean or Sammy) and remember I love you both. I walk with Ed on that journey in so many ways and have watched my husband fall to tears in the midst of his unwavering strength. Actually, those tears are a sign of strength, great strength, the very strength you've both shown all along.

I love you,
vickie

Soccermom 08-11-2009 03:59 PM

Marie...
you and Ed are always in heart and in my prayers,
Gentle hugs to you both,
Marcia

Sheila 08-12-2009 05:35 AM

marie
Stay strong and tell Ed to do the same.....you are a testament to true love, we admire your strength and tenacity...many prayers going out for both of you!

Ruth 08-12-2009 02:32 PM

Marie ~ reading this just brought tears to my eyes. You are such an amazing lady and I know Ed couldn't be in better loving arms. You two are so special and much loved.
Hugs ~ Ruth