HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Any news on Joy? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40479)

Believe51 07-19-2009 05:43 PM

Jennifer, thanks for the update. Remember that we can use drugs we had taken before and look for that synergy too. Right now her weakness might prevent her from too much travel, but how about Angel Flights to provide her with air travel to the hospitals you are considering?

Ed has stopped the Ixempra, I know many have had a great response rate but this drug is too hard on him. He is still not completely healed and this has made him so sick that I am not sure he can restart chemo for a few more weeks. I am not trying to scare you or others, just keep an open mind if the doctor thinks another regime may be better for her. If you do decide, please keep an open mind if the drop the dosage. I am praying for all of your prayers to be answered. Sending great love and admiration to you two fine gals.

Let me know if there is anything I can do.>>Believe51

Patb 07-19-2009 05:45 PM

Keeping you both in my prayers daily. You are
a wonderful sister and Joy is a wonderful person
I wish you the best taking care of her. You have
received some great advice from others and I hope
one will be a success.
patb

Unregistered 07-19-2009 06:22 PM

Rich-I hadn't heard of Dr. Nutting before, but I am going to check out Swedish Hospitals website tonight, thanks for the suggestion!

Marie, I'm sorry Ed had to stop Ixempra, it sounds like Joy and Ed are in the same crappy boat! I too, would suggest anyone thinking about this drug to really talk to your doctor. And I am so sorry about your housing troubles, that's one more thing you should just not have to deal with. You are one tough gal though, you're my hero!

Ruth, thank you for your kind thoughts about Joy, I definitely understand what you mean. Because of her spirit and personality she has so many friends, sometimes I feel like her social secretary in keeping them updated and managing her schedule of visitors. I know she thinks about everyone and asks me for updates. She was very sad to hear the news about Caryn, I have not told her about Ester yet, I know she will be heart broken.
But we just have to keep fighting and holding on to hope!

Take care, Jennifer

Mary Jo 07-19-2009 07:23 PM

Sending my continual love and prayers to Joy.

vickie h 07-19-2009 08:05 PM

Hi Jennifer,
Thank you for keeping us updated about Joy. I am so sorry to hear about all she has been going through. I, too, couldn't take Ixempra after a few doses, it was extremely hard on me. Has she ever tried Navelbine? A lot of people have had great responses with this drug. And Avastin is another one. Please tell her I am praying for her and sending healing thoughts her way. I miss her posts very much. I am so thankful that she has such a wonderful sister and caregiver. My love to you both,
Vickie

juanita 07-20-2009 05:43 PM

praying for both of you!

Hopeful 07-21-2009 07:07 AM

Jen,

Reading your posts it is clear you have become very well educated in your sister's treatment options. I am so glad that Joy has you to be her advocate. Please stay in touch with us. You are both in my thoughts daily.

Hopeful

Beckie 07-21-2009 06:22 PM

I am praying for Joy and have always looked for her posts, knowing how special she is. Ed has also been someone I am praying for and am concerned about. This thread has been so helpful getting ideas for chemo. The chemos I have just been through with no side effects except needing Neupogen, are Navelbine and Ixempra. I am now on Gemzar because those didn't work. My oncologist says he has only one more in mind. Now I have some suggestions for him. I sometimes feel like I'm faking it because I am so healthy.
Thanks for the help!

Beckie

Believe51 07-21-2009 09:19 PM

Beckie, if you ever need to talk, I welcome you always. Thanks for the warm prayers and thoughts, they mean the world to us. Hang in there kid.>>Believe51

Joan M 07-23-2009 04:50 PM

Jen,

Please let Joy know she's in my prayers for finding a treatment that will work.

Joan

jones7676 07-26-2009 08:13 AM

Praying for both of you.

Believe51 07-27-2009 05:31 AM

Sending renewed energy and letting you know you are right here in my heart.>>Believe51

chrisy 07-27-2009 08:16 AM

Joy,

we miss you and love you

c'mon, comeback kid

karenann 07-28-2009 12:04 AM

I sure hope Joy is feeling better. Sending hugs and healing prayers.

Karen

GemmaG 07-28-2009 04:35 AM

Dear Jen,
Pls. know that Joy is always in my prayers. You're a wonderful sister! God bless your kind heart.

Hugs,
Gemma

rinaina 08-05-2009 01:40 PM

Re: Any news on Joy?

Praying for you Joy. Miss seeing your incredibly sunshiny smile on here. Jennifer, you are a wonderful sister and friend to your sister. I pray for a positive solution.

schoolteacher 08-06-2009 06:33 AM

I was also wondering if anyone had heard anything from Joy.

Amelia

Unregistered 08-06-2009 07:43 AM

Hi, it's Joy's sister Jennifer. Joy is doing ok. She hasn't been able to have another round of Ixempra due to neuropathy. But they think they will be able to do it at a reduced dose next Wed. Her liver function is still within normal range and her TM's are stable at 140 for 27-29. Her A/G ratio is still low, .7, which is a concern and her Alk Phos doubled in the last week to 463. And her weight is still an issue, she's at 102. Overall though, she is feeling better, but as she says the chemo will put an end to that. I'm off to she her now, I will let her know you were thinking about her. Take care everyone! Jennifer

GemmaG 08-06-2009 11:26 AM

Hi Jen,
I was on Ixempra from Feb. to May this year. Two weeks on, one week off on a very low dose. I didn't have much problem. It took care of my liver mets! Now I'm on Herceptin alone (weekly). I'm gaining weight now. I went down to 90lbs while on Ixempra. Now my weight is 110 lbs!
Pls. give my love to Joy. You're a great sis!

Hugs,
Gemma

michka 08-06-2009 12:42 PM

Hi Jennifer. Thank you for this encouraging news about Joy doing OK. I am smiling. It is my sunshine for the day.
Michka