HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Trial Scan Nirvana:) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40204)

jml 06-28-2009 07:45 PM

Yay Chrisy!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful news.
Successful treatment for any one of us is a VICTORY of ALL of us!

Keep the Faith~

Jessica

Dx - 5/17/2002 @33yo ;Stage IV - IDC + liver met;
Lumpectomy, 12/12+ nodes; er/pr-, Her2+++
Tx1 - Navelbine+Herceptin x 8 wks; No response, progression - single liver met to "innumerable/immeasureable"
Tx2 - ISIS 2504 - clinical trial x 6mos
Taxol + ISIS (continuous IV);partial response.
Tx3 - Taxol+Herceptin x 13 weeks
N
ED :)
NED 9/11/03-9/17/04, then single liver met recurrence.
9/04-Recurrence 1- Taxol+Herceptin x 4 weeks prior to RFA, but NED again, cxl RFA.
12/04 -Recurrence 2 - single liver met
1/05 - RFA - partial response
2/05 - Abraxane+Herceptin x 9 weeks;No response due to improper dosing(?)
3/05 - Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin to NED again.
11/05 - Recurrence 3 - same single liver met
12/05 - Right hepatectomy-55% liver removed. Success. NED in liver ever since.
2/06 - Recurrence 4 -single lesion in L breast again
3/06 -excisional biopsy. 1cm IDC, extensive high grade DCIS.
No tx due to liver still healing post hepatectomy, follow with Herceptin & scans to keep an eye on DCIS
12/06- L mastectomy w/ reconstruction 3/07 & 8/07
10/07 - Recurrence 5 - Supraclav nodes
Tx4 -Gemzar+Herceptin, til NED 3/08.
9/08 -Recurrence 6 -Supraclav nodes again.Rads1 - x 7wks
10/08 - Acute Renal Failure - ICU x4 days, hospital 1 week,
stents in ureters/kidneys x 4mos.still no known cause???
10/08 - Recurrence 7 -Sternal nodes; supraclav -NED:)
Tx5 - repeat Gemzar+Herceptin; NED in 1/09; finish GH cycle to 3/09.
4/09 - PET scans shows recurrence 8 in sternal nodes...progression while on GH cycle.
6/09 - Tykerb/Xeloda...so far, so good. I have "the Rash"...

runtolive 06-29-2009 08:01 AM

chrisy, you had mentioned in the past that their were a few other women at your center being treated with TDM-!. have you heard how they are doing.

has dr rugo pursued anymore talks about compassionate use being an option sooner than outright approval for TDM-!

run to live

chrisy 06-29-2009 10:23 AM

runtolive

I personally know one other woman who started the study at the same time as I did and is also in the continuation study, she's doing great. There are others also doing well; I just don't know them! I'll ask next time I'm here if there is any further news on compassionate use - we really need this to be available for more people.

Donna - LOL, you're right! Sheila would recommend a chocotini for sure. I guess I'll have to settle for a muffin, they don't have martinis here in the infusion center (only the sort of cocktails that come in an IV)

Julie2 06-29-2009 02:59 PM

Great news! I am so happy for you.

Julie

Sheila 06-29-2009 03:15 PM

Chris
I am so happy for you.....this is great news for all of us who are waiting to be able to get this drug.....I am sure I can figure out a beet juice martini just for you.....You are my hero....and no one deserves this good news more than you!!!!!

fullofbeans 06-29-2009 05:00 PM

Great News! I also had great news to post and off course it feels wrong when others are having a hard time. But I also think that great news gives hope to many on this site too.. certainly does for me, knowing that it is possible is half the battle.

Joan M 06-29-2009 05:16 PM

Chrisy,

Thanks for letting us know this great news. You're a trail blazer for our cause.

Joan

chrisy 06-29-2009 08:01 PM

SHEILA!!!!!!!

Bite your tongue! Beet juice martini??? puh-lease!

But if you can figure out how to make chocolate beets, that would be good:)

Jean 06-29-2009 08:44 PM

Chrisy,
This is wonderful news....of course you must share it and also gives us the pleasure to feel joy along with you.
Wishing you contined JOY!!!!

Huge Hugs
Jean

StephN 07-01-2009 11:37 AM

Adventures in Drugland

Dear Chris -

You are one of the Standard Bearers for the T-DM! drug and, as such, we need to keep up with how you are doing and continue to do. With early entry and good success, your results have meant a lot! It is the likes of YOU that will help get the FDA approval sooner than later!! (This is not flaunting - it is contributing to a body of scientific knowledge.)

My med oncs have called me a "Standard Bearer" for long -term Herceptin and have made me understand how important it is for people who do well to stay out in Canserland helping others in this place to find their way.

Rejoice in your good fortune and ability to utilize this drug as a successful force against a really pernicious disease. We join you in that rejoicing.

WomanofSteel 07-01-2009 03:34 PM

Chrisy, awesome news! I hope they fast track this drug I could use me some of this!

Bill 07-01-2009 04:00 PM

Wow, Chris! You go, girl! Thanks for sharing the good news. You are one of the trailblazers.