HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Opened my mail... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37378)

SoCalGal 01-06-2009 08:12 PM

checking in...

It's been just over a week and thankfully the extreme nerve pain backed off. I am still on tylenol around the clock but at least it gives me relief. I hope I can continue to heal without the help of a neck epidural.

I started reading "Still Here" by Ram Dass (a nice Jewish boy gone zen). Wish he hadn't mentioned his many insights from the 70's while on psychedelics. (Who doesn't have major insights while on magic mushrooms?) That said - there are other PLENTY of other good thoughts and ideas and things to learn in this book so I am glad to be reading it.

My markers are down which supports the stable scans. Too bad blue cross aka anthem is so stupid.

Wish I could say that I felt better but I still feel pretty crappy. FATIGUE-nausea-blahness. Maybe I just have a bug. What I really think is that this is the result of nearly two years of daily tykerb. I think I'll do a separate post to see if there's updated info on long term use. Vickie H - thank you for offering to drive down and help me. I hope you just drive down for a visit!

Thanks to all again. And blessings. xo
-Flori

MaryAnn-CA 01-06-2009 09:10 PM

Dear Flori, I want to thank you for being so honest in your post about the pain and despair you were feeling triggered by the insurance company denial. I am hoping and praying that you are finding renewed strength each day to move forward with hope. Mary Ann

Soccermom 01-07-2009 10:05 AM

Hiya Flori,
I have been thinking about you and "wishing away" your pain. I know it may sound funny/wierd but ever since my DX whenever I get bad news of any kind ,my body /brain seem to respond so negatively. OKAY so I am a bit out there (maybe too many of those mushrooms earlier in my life???,LOL) but I am so much more cognizant of ANY negativity and the effect on my body/mind. It is just not good for us,any of us to be put through such nonsense !Soooo long story short.... "POOP" on Anthem for making your heart drop,brain freak etc because they find it easier to just say NO!
Then again they dont know that they are up against our magnificent FLORI and that you WILL prevail ~

Hugs to you sweet lady and I hope your nerve sttles down and you get a visit from ms Vicki too,

Love ,marcia

Shobha 01-07-2009 10:49 AM

Dear Flori, you are in my prayers and sending a lot of positive thoughts your way. When ever I read your profile, I cannot help but admire the strength of your spirit.

May god heal your pain and make you feel better soon!

vickie h 01-07-2009 04:39 PM

Flori, I have been a bit ill and will be doing another PET/CT next Wed. Seems there's nodes popping up everywhere! I am thinking of you and would love to come see you as soon as I get these scans/ new Tx started (the Abraxane is failing and I'm not sure what we'll do next). I'm so glad your pain is subsiding and you are feeling better. Hope to see you soon, Love, Vickie

GemmaG 01-08-2009 06:53 AM

Dear Flori,
I'm sending you lots of love and love. I know how it feels. Please know that I'm always praying for you and that the pain will go away!!!!! our pain!

Hugs,
Gemma

Shobha 01-08-2009 10:02 AM

Hi Flori,

I am still praying for you and wishing that Blue Shield stuff will smooth out.

I love reading books and somehow I get the feeling so do you. May I suggest books by Deepak Chopra. I find them thought provoking and soothing. It helps me slip into a more philosophical state of mind and bring about a sense of peace.

Believe51 01-08-2009 11:13 AM

Sending you your dose of daily love and healing energy. How goes the 'pain battle'? Wanted you to know how much I admire you and wish you all the best, always.>>Believe51