HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Caryn next step - might be option for others (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35694)

Joan M 10-12-2008 04:25 PM

Eric,

I'm very happy that Caryn's procedure went well. Please let her know. It's great that you are exploring these other options. It makes sense since the tumor is in the liver and all chemos affect the liver.

Joan

Kim in DC 10-12-2008 04:51 PM

Eric,
I'm glad Caryn is doing well. Tell Caryn thanks for being a trailblazer for treatment options.

Kim

chrisy 10-12-2008 08:48 PM

Eric,

So glad to hear Caryn is feeling better and that the procedure went well. I hope she can continue to rest and recover so she will be well equipped to take the next step.

Take care
Chris

eric 11-06-2008 07:36 PM

To update you, Caryn's recovering very well and her tm's continue to drop (1500 to 1000 to 500). A PET/CT is being scheduled and the Onc is watching closely to determine when and what we do next. Seems to me that if we got the shrinkage we needed with the seeds, maybe we'll even do the RFA a bit earlier than planned.
I'll keep ya posted.
Eric

Chelee 11-06-2008 07:57 PM

Hi Eric, I'm glad to hear Caryn is recovering nicely. Thats great that her TM's have dropped that much already. It sounds like she has a good onc that is staying on top of things which is great. (Caryn is also so blessed to have you by her side & I'm sure she knows that.) :) Keep us updated.

Chelee

Jean 11-06-2008 09:18 PM

Eric,
Very happy to hear good news from you.
All good wishes,

jean

Mary Anne in TX 11-07-2008 06:26 AM

Just LOVE that GOOD NEWS!

Kim in DC 11-07-2008 06:39 AM

Eric,

That is great news! I love your persistance!

Kim

Joan M 11-07-2008 11:02 AM

Eric,

I continue to pray that Caryn's treatment will melt those mets.

Joan

freyja 11-07-2008 11:14 AM

Congratulations

Congratulations, I get the feeling she's really strong and healing.
Love, Celeste

chrisy 11-07-2008 11:54 AM

Thanks Eric,
I'm so glad that things are continuing, finally, to be moving in the right direction for Caryn. All my best wishes for the next step!

Jackie07 11-07-2008 12:29 PM

Eric,

Thanks for the great news. Caryn is very lucky to have you by her side.

juanita 11-09-2008 04:55 PM

glad to hear that you got good news!

flynny 11-09-2008 05:08 PM

What great news!! Tell her to keep up the good work. We are all behind her!

eric 11-20-2008 10:45 PM

Good news and not so good

Caryn had a scan and the good news is that the procedure seems to be doing what was intended to the single tumor. In the dr's words, while the radiation is still working the tumor is broken apart, smaller and less active. The not so good is that they found cancer in 3 lymph nodes next to the liver. It's back on chemo, mostly likely Taxol and Avastin. Caryn's most upset about losing her hair again.

JustwannaBE 11-21-2008 09:53 AM

Hi Eric: Thanks for posting the good and not so good news about Caryn. The chemo will knock that stuff right out of those lymph nodes, I know it will. Anyway, I posted on this thread back in September, and have since been on the clinical trial for my liver tumors, and it didn't work, so now we are going to Sir Spheres. I was wondering how Caryn was doing, so thanks again for the positive feedback. I have been on Taxol and it wasn't bad at all for me. I only had some bone pain with it for about a week, which I took vicodin for. After the week was up, I felt really good, however, I didn't take it with Avastin, I took it with Herceptin, but I am sure she will do good. Tell her there are many positive things about loosing our hair.....1) showers take less time and water 2) don't have to shave your legs or your arm pits - which is one of the best positives I think, I rather enjoyed that 3) don't have to blow dry your hair or style it.... The only bad thing was when it was cold, but I put on my ski hat for those times. I am bald again too, and this time, I am not wearing any cover ups when I go out, and I noticed that people really don't stare too much, and I decide to say f it, if they did. My husband says he is not embarrasssed to be seen with me without any head covering, as I ask everyone before going out in public if it would embarrass them before we go anywhere. Heck, if she is into it, get a tatoo on her head...someone mentioned that to me. Keep us posted and send my best to Caryn...she is a fighter and survior, and will get thru this with little problems. And you too are a great caregiver !!

Mary Anne in TX 11-21-2008 10:16 AM

Hi Eric and Caryn! I love the good news and darn the "gotta keep working on it" news! Hey Caryn, my hair has changed 4 times....very different each time. While others gave me "THE LOOK" and the "kind words of sympathy"...I really decided to just love it! Everytime the color changed, I'd just change the way it looked. Thank goodness for gels and mousse! Not much hair at times, but I had fun with whatever there was. You can do this, girl! Get mad and then go get ya a really cute hat for cold weather! Put those shoulders back and walk proud...you're putting the end to some really wicked guys trying to take charge of your body! Lots of luck and love, ma

chrisy 11-21-2008 10:23 AM

Eric, thanks for posting the latest update. It must be so disappointing having such success and then at the same time, a setback.

Last year before I went on the DM1 trial, I was gearing myself for another round of chemo. Although I tried to be positive about the hair thing, I was very very upset about it. I think only someone who has gone through it can understand, but sometimes I'm not so sure even I understand! Sure it's only hair, but for me it was a very in my face reminder that all was not well. Made it very hard to maintain the illusion that I was living a "normal" life.

In the end tho, Caryn is such a lover of life; she will push through - hair be dam^ed - and continue to fight. And be the beautiful person she is because beauty is in the heart, not on top of the head.

Love and hugs to you both.
Chris

Joan M 11-21-2008 05:14 PM

Eric,

I'm very happy that Caryn's liver tumor decreased in size and I hope that now that tumor is smaller the chemo can do a more effective job.

She's in my prayers.

Joan

jones7676 11-21-2008 07:50 PM

So glad to hear good news! Now, go chemo go.