HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Bummed (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35610)

Vi Schorpp 09-23-2008 07:11 AM

No, Barb,

you're not crazy. I'm sure just waiting to see if you are elibible for gamma is the hardest part. My sincere best wishes for a good and manageable outcome.

pattyz 09-23-2008 09:22 AM

Barb,

I sure wish you'd be referred for an MRi/spec or (help someone!!) what it is called. It will show active vs. necrotic tumor.

I would want to know this for a fact ie: either it is or is not, before I agreed to any kind of tx option.

I can't imagine that a third focalized rad tx would even be in your best interest as it is all cumulative...

There are other options you might try first, if you are not suffering symptoms, or if the tumor is not in an immediately life threatening spot. Should it be first determined that this is an active brain met.

Again, I have had 'good luck' with Temodar in combination w/ Xeloda for over three yrs, so far.

This is 'old news' by four yrs. presented at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium. There has been more recent data, but can't put my finger on it:

Conclusions:
The combination of C (Xeloda) and T(Temodar) seems to be active and well tolerated for the treatment of brain
metastases from breast carcinoma. Further studies should include the evaluation of this combination with radiation and as adjuvant therapy in those pts who are at high risk of developing brain metastases.

Wednesday, December 8, 2004 4:30 PM

And here is just a snip from one of Emmay's posts re: her sister's brain mets tx's:

"....but the neuro-oncologist is seeing some very early encouraging results with Sorafenib/Temodar combo. She said they are "radiation sensitizers", so she would like my sister to start the protocol(if she choses it) before her next CyberKnife treatment...."

Please... since you are not crazy and don't want to 'give up'... talk to several very knowledgeable neuro/breast/brain mets people... ok??

hugs if you need them xoxoxoxox
pattyz

hermiracles 09-23-2008 09:42 AM

Hey Barb - thinking of you Sister - especially as I have just recently been diagnosed with 'multiple' brain mets and am about to go for WBR on the 3rd October.

Hope they find the best plan for you Barb (and me!:-)) All the best.
Blessings
Hermiracles

WomanofSteel 09-23-2008 09:46 AM

I agree you are not crazy. All of us are doing all we can to make it through day by day, week by week, month by month and year by special year. I don't think their are any of us who wouldn't do anything to survive. That's what makes us fighters!!!! So hang in there and we are all praying for you.

Soccermom 09-23-2008 05:56 PM

{{{{{{{{{BARB}}}}}}}}
Just some hugs from me..
marcia

Jean 09-23-2008 06:46 PM

Barb,
While I have nothing to offer in the way of information, I am responding to let you know I am keeping you in my prayers....and I hope that which ever treatment you do go with that all goes well.

Regards,
jean

Bill 09-23-2008 08:59 PM

No, Barb, you are definitely not crazy, sweetheart. You are just one heckuva woman, and we all love you. Thanks for keeping us posted, and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jackie07 09-23-2008 09:41 PM

Barb,

Yes, we can't help having 'chills in the spine' kind of a feeling when told about having brain surgery. I just wanted to share with you that I had the same reaction like you 18 years ago. Especially when I read the whole list of 'possible side effect'. (The first one on my list was "death".)

Right before the surgery, a friend of mine gave me a book (written by Norman Cousin) entitled "Head first" which talks about the scientic evidence of 'positive thinking' - releases endorphin thus aides our immune system.

Do keep yourself in a positive mood and know that a league of warriors are behind you.

juanita 09-24-2008 03:23 PM

sending extra prayers your way!!!!

StillHere 09-30-2008 07:09 PM

Barb
I am keeping positive thoughts for you. Have you heard anything new? Are you still going to Chicago? Please let us know how you are doing. Peace KS