HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Home from Hospital (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32885)

Mary Jo 03-02-2008 05:22 PM

It's so nice to see your beautiful, smiling face back among us.

I am praying that your new tx plan does just what you ask - KNOCKS THOSE PESKY LUNG MET BUGGERS TO THE CURB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love to you.........

Mary Jo

Patty F 03-02-2008 05:24 PM

Kate
Welcome back. I hope you are feeling better. It is nice to see your smiling face again.

tousled1 03-02-2008 05:30 PM

I want to thank each and everyone of you for the wonderful words of concern and support. Pink Girl I love the new picture! I truly don't know what I would do without this wonderful group of men/women. You are truly the best! When I was first told I'd go on Tykerb/Xeloda my heart dropped to my stomach and I thought here we go -- out of options. Now that I've had a few days to digest I feel much more confident. I still know there are plenty of options out there for me but I think right now we need this treatment plan. I will get to NED!

WomanofSteel 03-02-2008 06:19 PM

Glad you are back! Sorry to hear that you have had a bumpy road lately. I hope your new meds do the trick for you!

Bill 03-02-2008 06:44 PM

Yes, you will Kate! We are all there with you, praying for you and pulling for you. I just caught a glimpse of Ned. He looks alot like Sam Elliot. He's in his penthouse suite at the five-star hotel, already dressed in his black tuxedo, polishing his dancing shoes. He has already called down to the ballroom on the first floor and ordered a bottle of their finest champagne to be sitting on ice at your table. Ned has purchased a beautiful corsage for you, and as he slips on his polished shoes, he smiles. He gets up, crosses the room to the mirror, adjusts his black tie, and in his mind's eye he sees you sweep into the ballroom, a vision of sheer beauty in your flowing white dress, as he walks up to you, bows formally, then kisses your hand, and pins the red rose corsage onto your gown. "Madam, I have been waiting for you. May I have the pleasure of this dance?" He knows you're coming.

caya 03-02-2008 08:31 PM

So glad you are home Kate. I am sending good vibes that that new treatment plan will bring you to NED, ASAP.

all the best
caya

Catherine 03-02-2008 09:19 PM

Welcome Home Kate,

So glad you are home. Just want to let you know I am on your team. So keep up the good work with the excerise an healthy eating. We are the excerise gurus. Maybe we do not pump iron but we get our bodies up and out. Happy you can do this. I hope the pills go down smoothly. You can always chase them with a cupcake. Cupcakes are my new favorite fantasy food.

Hugs and love, Catherine

Paty 03-02-2008 09:30 PM

Kate,

There is no place like home, so I am glad you are back and feeling confortable. Hang on there girl!! we will all be praying for you.

tousled1 03-03-2008 12:21 AM

Bill,

Thanks for brightening my day! I actually can visualize NED waiting there for me and believe me I'm more than ready to meet him. I really do feel that this combo will work for me. With all the encouragement and prayers I'm receiving I'm bound to meet up with NED.

anne2 03-03-2008 06:02 PM

Great that you are back home!! I hope the Xeloda/ Tykerb will do the trick for your lung mets. Best of health.
Hugs,
Anne

chrisy 03-03-2008 09:43 PM

Kate, Good plan, to stay out of the hospital! Especially now that you've got that gorgeous NED waiting to wine and dine and dance with you! You are not at all out of options - and Tykerb/Xeloda is a good one.

Take care
Chris

hermiracles 03-04-2008 01:51 PM

Really glad you are home Kate! Hope this new treatment works wonders for you.
Tell Tiptoe 'no playing up - just 'cause she's home at your place!' lol !You make a great team http://her2support.org/vbulletin/ima...ons/icon10.gif
Blessings sis
Hermiracles

Lolly 03-04-2008 05:59 PM

Kate, I was on Tykerb/Xeloda last summer for 4 months; it was pretty easy to tolerate except as Maryanne says, stay on top of the diarreah! At the first loose stool, take action. I used a dose of Immodium and usually only had to take one or two doses for a day or two, and then I'd be good for a week. Also ate banannas and rice, but that wasn't enough for me to keep it at bay, I also needed the Immodium.
Hand/foot syndrome is something to watch for also, keep your hands and feet moisturized with a good cream.
You may get the "Tykerb rash" on the face/chest area. For me, it ran it's course in 6-7 weeks. It was kind of like itchy pimples. A face cream helps keep it from being too dry, which helps with the itchiness.

Last, SO GLAD you are home from the hospital, and I like your plan; never go there again!

<3 Lolly

Soccermom 03-04-2008 07:24 PM

Dear Kate,
Just another Her2er happy to welcome you home! Your neverending good spirits make me smile!

Big hugs, Marcia

dhealey 03-04-2008 09:02 PM

Welcome back Kate! Glad to hear you are home and have the computer up and running as you will be. Keeping you in my prayers that the tykerb works! God Bless!