HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Some not so good news... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32116)

goops 01-10-2008 04:21 PM

Chrisy,

I am sorry to here this news - I will pray for you. I hope it proves to be a false alarm.

Bill 01-10-2008 04:35 PM

Hi Chrisy! I'm sorry to hear the news, but it's good you're getting the scans reread, could be scar tissue or dead tumour tissue, that's what I'm praying for. I had thought of Xeloda as well. Keep on smiling! Prayers and love to you, Bill

Faith in Him 01-10-2008 04:50 PM

Chrisy,

I'm praying that it is just scar tissue and that you can carry on with your trial. Sending hugs and love.

Tonya

madubois63 01-10-2008 04:56 PM

Like everyone else, I am so sorry to read your post. Big prayers and hope coming your way for a mistake on that report!!!!

Maryann

Mary Anne in TX 01-10-2008 05:46 PM

I think I'll believe it's smudges and pray like it's not. I'm so sorry you got this news, but will pray for a creative, knock-out answer for you. Luv, ma

Sheila 01-10-2008 05:48 PM

Chrisy
Pack all your worries, fears, and down thoughts into your Diva Bag...they are going on vacation, you will prevail over this...every once in a while we seem to get hung over the edge for a short time....we are with you in this time in healing thoughts and lots of prayers.

Carolyns 01-10-2008 05:50 PM

Hi Chrisy,

Oh, this could possibly stink but I am holding out hope until you get final word.

I had to drop Tykerb and Herceptin after 7 months due to progression in the bones and a pea size lump on my neck that has grown. I am back to Gemzar (again). I finished up Gemzar last December to get rid of liver mets, skin, lumpie bumpies on my chest and kick back the bone activity. It worked nicely for me the last time and I hope it will again.

If you need to try something new, Gemzar worked for me and I found it very tolerable and without hair loss.

Fingers crossed that this is just a fire drill.

Love, Hope, and Peace,

Carolyn

sassy 01-10-2008 06:09 PM

Chrisy,

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that this will be a smudge. Know that we are with you in spirit.

hermiracles 01-10-2008 06:57 PM

Thinking of you Chrisy ~ hope it all works out for you.

Blessings
Hermiracles

lexigirl 01-10-2008 08:50 PM

Chrisy,

Thinking of you and saying prayers for comfort as you wait to hear back. I am happy that you have some other ideas just in case...

Hugs and prayers,
Lexi

lilyecuadorian 01-10-2008 09:27 PM

Christy I'm here for you ...thinking about you and visualize that whatever weapon you will used is going to be a kick but drug, we need to stick together like in the movie "ANTZ" .together we are more powerfull and safe and in this site always are ready for " emergency advice " and always get mental-spirit and "information support" we have both ..for keep this fight up....

Jean 01-10-2008 11:52 PM

Chrisy...I am sorry to hear this... I am keeping you in my prayers.

Keep that beautiful smile on your face!
Hugs,
jean

DonnaD 01-11-2008 09:25 AM

Chris,
I am so sorry to hear the news. Perhaps when reread you will have different results.

Just remember there is a right piece to your puzzle they just have to find it.

Thinking and praying for you. Please keep us informed.
Donna

Believe51 01-11-2008 09:29 AM

Hello again, just me...

..letting you know that you are in our continued prayers>>Believe51

Vanessa 01-11-2008 11:32 AM

I am sorry that you did not get the news you wanted. I too am hoping and praying it is just a smudge. I will ramp up my prayers for you and will say one right now. Best wishes.

Kim in CA 01-11-2008 11:55 AM

Dear Chris,

I'm hoping upon re reading the scans that a different conclusion is met. If however there is indeed something going on, I would investigate the RFA, as Steph said. Also, since you have been off of the Taxotere for awhile, and you had such a good response, maybe you could try that with Herceptin again. I was also curious if you are still keeping track of tumor markers and Her2 Serum levels. I just keep thinking back to that spot on my liver that turned out to be scar tissue. I'm glad you haven't had too many chemos, so there are still lots of options. Sending you prayers and posistive thoughts.

Love Kim

Patrice 01-11-2008 04:40 PM

Chris,
Like Lily, I'm visualizing anything and everything to make sure you're healthy - sending you all the prayers, good thoughts, and love I can think off...and will anxiously await a great report!
Love, Patrice

Lolly 01-11-2008 06:09 PM

Chrissy, sorry to hear the news. It's so discouraging to have to switch gears again, I know what you're going through but that you have a plan forming is good. Keep a repeat of Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin on the back burner, since it was successful before. We've had some success restarting chemos that I responded to in the past, as long as I didn't have real resistance develop. My onc's rule of thumb is waiting at least a year before reusing a chemo. We added Navelbine to my maintenance Herceptin 3 seperate times until I became resistant. Now we're restarting Taxol with Avastin/Carbo(which I've not had) and I'm showing response. It seems as if you haven't had a lot of different chemo combo's so you've got options, which is hopeful.

Hang in there, let us know what you and your onc come up with.

<3 Lolly

SoCalGal 01-11-2008 07:00 PM

Xoxo

Just a quick post to say that I will do my best to find a cure for cancer this weekend. I know we are all just sick and tired of having this crap intrude in our lives.

I am sending you extra prayers and hugs. And some of my strength (comma*) too.

Okay - that's my typing allotment for today - neck problem still BAD.

xoxo Flori

*my ghetto keyboard is missing the comma key - sketchy situation while I'm not me...

hutchibk 01-11-2008 07:26 PM

Flori - I have total confidence in you finding a cure this weekend...didn't know you were even working on it. You are an amazing woman! And I will happily lend you a few ,,, if you need them. Just let me know : )

brenda