HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Oh shoot! Got something needing checking out ... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29727)

sherri 08-26-2007 10:27 AM

Hi dear Steph,

My thoughts are with you and I'm hoping there is nothing and we hear the good news soon.

Much love,

chrisy 08-26-2007 11:25 AM

hi Steph,
Well, I hope you get the answer that this is some other thing completely unrelated to cancer. I'm sending positive vibes for tommorrow.

Chris

dhealey 08-26-2007 11:34 AM

I have no words of wisdom for you, just wanted you to know I will keep you in my prayers and send tons of positive thoughts your way!

StephN 08-26-2007 12:22 PM

Lani -

The swollen area is between my shoulder joint and where my neck and collar bone come close together. So, the joints don't seem at all affected. It is a soft tissue thing, hence the ultrasound approach first.

I used to be a swimmer so have strong muscles at the top of my shoulder, but this is not where the problem is. It is just below that and fills in the gap to my collar bone.

It is almost feeling like the fibrosis I have around my lumpectomy from the radiation I had. But this is strange to have come on so suddenly

I will let you know what they tell me tomorrow.

Sheila 08-26-2007 05:11 PM

Steph
I'll be thinking of you.....wishing good things to be causing this....you are in my thoughts and prayers.

hutchibk 08-27-2007 07:28 AM

My nodes have all been deep in chest, so like Kate, they can't be seen or felt. Crossing all my fingers and toes for you today!

StephN 08-27-2007 03:00 PM

Nodes NORMAL

Dear, dear friends -
I am much relieved to report that TWO doctors doing separate ultrasounds of the area all around my neck and collar bone area could not find anything to account for the hardened, raised area I told you about.

The doctors each said that all the nodes they imaged were normal in size and shape (shape is important), there is no thickening of my skin (which could signal another disease process), and even my tissues do not look inflammed to them. I am not surprised at the last as there is no tenderness.

So, we seem to have a little mystery on our hands. These doctors did not think the radiation I had almost 7 years ago would have this effect on that area, but I may have to call my rad onc about that just to rule it out.

Thanks for all the prayers for "nothing." Having now had the scanning, I feel a weight lifted that had been deposited with the discovery of this "new muscle." We just never know when our bodies will decide that the cancer is sneakier and smarter!

Audrey 08-27-2007 03:18 PM

Steph, Hooray for normal nodes! Congratulations on the good news, I'm so happy for you! Whew, what a big sigh of relief.

tousled1 08-27-2007 04:07 PM

Steph,

Thank you for updating us and especially with good news. Yes, our bodies are a strange invention -- we never know what may crop up. I'm so happy that everything turned out well.

lilyecuadorian 08-27-2007 04:27 PM

thanks GOD !!!

what a relief ..you know that your are one of our role models ..so whatever happen to you ...happen to me (spiritually) so thanks again for the good news ...I was all day long worry about it ....and now I fell strong again and encoraring ...full with hope hope hope ...

Julie2 08-27-2007 04:35 PM

I am so relieved. Thanks for the good news

Julie

Barbara H. 08-27-2007 04:41 PM

Great News!!!!

Hi Steph,
I have been waiting all day for this news. What a relief!!!!!
You will have a good sleep tonight.
Best wishes for continued NED!!!!!!!
Barbara H.

michele u 08-27-2007 05:13 PM

Steph, have you been doing any lifting or excercising on that side? Maybe it is something like a pulled muscle

fullofbeans 08-27-2007 05:32 PM

I am so releived for you that it seems to be a false alarm, so releived.
All the best

chrisy 08-27-2007 05:45 PM

Steph, that's such great news! And I'm so proud of you for your diligence - knowing is better than ignoring it, especially when you find out it really is NOTHING!

KEEP ON DANCIN' GIRL!

RhondaH 08-27-2007 05:48 PM

Yea Steph!!!!

Have a glass of wine to celebrate:) Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Becky 08-27-2007 06:01 PM

Woo hoo!!! I am glad it was nothing. You are a true Warrior Woman against cancer and I want it to stay that way!

Ceesun 08-27-2007 06:38 PM

Sending positive hopes for a good result. Ceesun

mamacze 08-27-2007 07:21 PM

I'm Glad I logged on tonight!

Good grief Steph! Weird things like this certainly put us on high alert; I am relieved that your ultrasound looks good... but I will still keep watching your posts waiting to hear exactly what the heck it is. I agree with Rhonda...time to open the red wine....stay with us and let us know what it turns out to be....Love Kim from CT

Kim in CA 08-28-2007 09:32 AM

A little late to this thread

But just wanted to say that I'm sooo glad that your scans didn't show anything in the nodes. We are like sentrys, forever on duty with this disease. Unfortunately we can't afford to let our guards down, and must be ready to attack if need be! I know you're getting good at this Steph, just gets soooo old sometimes!

Big Hugs to you, Kim