HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Christine our Founder needs Cards & Prayers (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53406)

BonnieR 03-09-2012 10:47 PM

Re: Christine our Founder needs Cards & Prayers

Sent a card. And it sounds like our prayers are already having a good effect! Keep the faith.

sarah 03-10-2012 05:54 AM

Thanks Danielle for the happy update on your mom. We are all very concerned and thinking about her and wishing her a speedy recovery. Hope she can be safely home again soon.
love sarah

Laurel 03-10-2012 06:41 PM

Danielle,

Your Mom is one tough gal and my bet is she will be back ruling the roost in no time! I'll send a card tomorrow! Have to go find a funny one (and maybe a bit naughty as well) for her!

Paty 03-10-2012 09:14 PM

Sheila, thank ou for letting us know. Danielle, Debra and Christine, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I send my love and my best wishes for Christine best recovery. Thinking of you.

karen z 03-11-2012 07:19 AM

Danielle,
Thanks for the posts/updates. My first card goes out tomorrow with more to follow.
Karen

Catherine 03-15-2012 09:27 PM

Hi friends,

I wanted to bump this up. Christine and Joe founded our site and we are all grateful for their vision and the design of the site that still works. Joe was our webmaster and could fix anything. He passed away a couple of years ago and as you know the site is still going. I started on the Komen site and then Tricia Keegan saw my post and saw my HER2 status and directed me here. I am forever grateful that I had this site to support me even when it was the middle of the night. I am from the generation that still sends cards via snail mail. At the top of the post you will see Christine's address. Even if you are new to the site, please take a moment to send a card to the lady that made this all possible. We are able to share, learn and support each other because of Christine. There is nothing better than getting a nice card in the mail. Her daughters need us too!

Hugs to all,

StephN 03-16-2012 06:23 AM

Well said, Catherine!

We do have many newcomers here who are probably not aware of the genesis of this web site.

Waiting for another update from DDanielle - hopfully soon.

StephN 03-19-2012 05:29 PM

Bumping this up for news.

MCS 03-20-2012 09:48 PM

I will pray for her and put a card.
At one time, she called me on a question and we spoke for a long time. Because of her call, I slept that night.
I feel so anxious for her and that she will recover. Her daughters are very young and don't deserve this, after her dad passing away quickly too. My prayers go to them as well for strength and guidance
Thank you Sheila. I know it's a week later but a card is on the way.
xoxo (maria)
ps. a word and warning. my dad who had lund and mestatis to the brain was placed on decadron. but the doctor did not give him any acid med and the decadron burned a hole in his stomach and its content went into the blood system and died within 7 days
Her daughters must be made aware of these side effects

CindyE 03-21-2012 05:34 AM

Prayers for Christine going up right now. Give her our best and hugs.

sunshine55 03-21-2012 05:41 AM

Hello, I am new to the site, I registered last June. I got online today to look for information, and read the post from Sheila. I will send a card to Christine, and keep her and family in prayer.

Sheila D.

Jackie07 03-21-2012 08:14 AM

"I'll drop her a card in the mail tomorrow...so awful for the poor Dear. I hope her family and friends are able to comfort her as well.
All my best Jackie

Lorraine"

tricia keegan 03-21-2012 04:52 PM

I have'nt logged in here for a few days and was so shocked and saddened to see this post but thank you Sheila for letting us know and my personal thanks to Catherine for the mention too.
This site means the world to me and I still direct people here from Komen who are her2+ because I was helped so much by the ladies here and Joe too when I first joined up. I'm so sorry for Christine and will keep her and her family in my prayers and thoughts xxxx

Carol.hope 03-21-2012 05:05 PM

Thank you, Sheila and Danielle. Yes, Christine is way more than "special." Her inspiration and guidance have helped hundreds or thousands of us, and they continue as this great group continues.
Best of healing.
Carol

Elizabethtx 03-21-2012 08:19 PM

Prayers for Christine! Se has a strong spirit and will receive a lot of love from here! Hope we get a update soon.

sarah 03-27-2012 04:49 AM

Hello Christine,
We are all thinking about you and praying for your quick recovery. you are as always an amazing inspiration to us all and without you and your dear departed husband, Joe, we would all be completely lost. What you and Joe have done to help us is a miracle and there is no way we can ever repay you except to offer our sincerest prayers for your swift recovery. you are in my heart always.
hugs and love
sarah

Joan M 03-27-2012 05:26 PM

Christine, we are all pulling for you to come home soon and to have a full recovery. You have 2 wonderful daughters, and many, many friends on this website. Missed you at SABCS. Hugs and prayers, Joan

sarah 03-28-2012 10:03 AM

How's Christine doing?
Sarah

v-ness 03-29-2012 01:05 PM

thank you for letting us know! i am 3 weeks behind the news, but writing a note for her today to drop in the mail ASAP. - valerie

Danielle 03-30-2012 06:52 AM

Just a quick note to let you all know Mom's progress so far. First off, thank you SO MUCH for all of the cards! They're just the motivation that she needs and a reminder to her of all that she's accomplished, all of the lives that she has touched, and that there are many people out there rooting for her! She's still at the skilled nursing facility, and there's no set discharge date at this time. But she's been improving beautifully, and the nurses and PTs/OTs that see her everyday have no doubt that she'll be able to make a full recovery from her stroke. She's already improved so much in the past three weeks, and I know all of your involvement has played a big role in it. I read her her cards every single day, and they're all neatly hung up right by her bed so she can look over and be reminded that she's got some great HER2 sisters (and as of late, cheerleaders!) on her side. I'll let you all know when she's finally discharged!

Hugs,
Danielle