HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Perjeta failed, changing horses again (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56595)

chrisy 11-22-2012 11:05 AM

Re: Perjeta failed, changing horses again

Penny,
Good thought. I've had that on my radar, my onc does not seem to be a big fan (especially feeing I need systemic control, which I agree). But debulking the liver tumor if possible would seem worthwhile if I am a candidate.

Bill 11-22-2012 02:37 PM

Hang in there, Young Lady! Here, take this hug from me (((((())))). Love, Bill

Redwolf8812 11-22-2012 04:51 PM

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...FNeVV_V97JoHUQ

tricia keegan 11-22-2012 05:12 PM

Dear Chrisy, sending all the Irish luck I can muster just for you and praying for a good response to this regime! x

ElaineM 11-22-2012 10:16 PM

I hope the Navelbine and Herceptin work for you.
Navelbine was orginally developed for lung cancer, and is also used for breast cancer, so it might help the lung troubles whether or not they are cancer related.
Hang in There !! Let us know how it goes !!

Jean 11-22-2012 11:19 PM

Chrisy,
Thinking of you and waiting for some heavy and hard slapping to start happening.

Hugs,
Jean

Bunty 11-22-2012 11:50 PM

Hi Chrisy, bugger about the Perjeta. But sending you loads of hope that the Navelbine will do the trick. I love your posts very much (not this one however), so please keep us up to date.
Cheers Marie

fullofbeans 11-23-2012 05:07 PM

Chrisy,

I am very sorry to hear your news. I had told myself no chemo again but after reading good results of navel+herc even on trooper patients (not just first line). I am reconsidering it.
Also as you mentioned since it is only in your liver please do consider direct action and check trials on sphere TACE ect.. (may be easier with insurance than if you have to pay) some can be done whilst continuing systemic treatment.

I love your spirit Chrisy. stay strong

NEDenise 11-24-2012 11:22 AM

Chris,
I was away from the board for a few days and missed this!
%&$$#!!!
and I mean that, from the bottom of my heart!
What a disappointing pain in the...liver!

I admit freely that I know almost nothing about Navelbine... but I do feel like I've read some very good results about it here.

You can count on LOTS and LOTS of prayers heading skyward on your behalf from my little corner of the world. And, I'll be focusing positive energy in your direction too. (I'm a little geographically challenged though, so I'll be bathing the entire California coast in golden light...just so I won't miss you!)

You have been so supportive of my fight, I'm right behind you this time sister! Stay strong!
With love,
Denise

Pray 11-24-2012 01:27 PM

What Denise said!!!!!!! Always hoping and praying for you Chris. Gods blessings to you and your family. Peace my friend, Nancy

Debbie L. 11-24-2012 08:07 PM

Chris, I read your post soon after it appeared but somehow could not summon enough words that sounded (to me) right, to reply. It's been on my flagged list to respond to, and you've been much in my heart and thoughts.

Now, I take the easiest route -- with a vigorous and heart-felt second to Bunty's good words. Bah to the Perjeta stuff, and lots of enthusiasm and good thoughts for a wonderful response to Navelbine, as so many others have had. Remember how very individually (crazilly, frustratingly-capriciously, but often nearly-miraculously) each HER2+ cancer can respond to each treatment.

Love,
Debbie Laxague

Mandamoo 11-24-2012 11:00 PM

I too hope with all I can muster that Navelbine gives you some control.
Xxx

Mtngrl 11-25-2012 12:28 PM

Chrisy,

So sorry. I hope "Navybeans" is the horsie for you.

Love,

mamacze 11-26-2012 12:06 PM

Hi Crisy,
Aaack, I feel sick at heart for you - especially when TDM worked so well. I am happy you are able to stand right back up and give it an upper cut. God willing, Navelbine will be the charm. (it did work for me and others). But I have to say that I hate the "try this and if it doesn't work, try that" approach. See my earlier thread on genetic tumor profiling. I wonder if it would help you? I recently had my tumor profiled, they identified a genetic mutation and a drug that has had promising results with it. If you are interested, send me a PM and I will get you the relevant information.
Hang in there angel. Stay strong.
Love and Hugs,
Kim (from CT)

radiant 11-30-2012 08:23 PM

Chrissy -

Navelbine was my easiest chemo ever! It worked for 6 months. I wonder if u can combine
it with Avastin?

Lots of hope for u with this combo!

Kim