HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Emergency mri &%#@$!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59201)

JillaryJill 10-04-2013 03:11 PM

Re: Emergency mri &%#@$!!

I hate that you are going through this. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

CarolineC 10-04-2013 07:00 PM

Geez Denise!

I hope your symptoms resolve soon- I am sending beams of healing white light in your direction to shower you.

I wonder if these symptoms are from the cancer or from your body being under so much stress. I haven't posted much about my "adrenal problem" but before I was diagnosed I had much the same problems you're describing - shaking,stuttering, visual issues such as coming into my bedroom at night and everything looking like it was in the first black and white movies with the flickering. I was having classic adrenal fatigue symptoms probably starting many years ago.

All your hormones are in disarray-insulin from the steroids, thyroid, estrogen (even though you're estrogen negative)-the adrenals control many hormones.
And look at all you have been through in the last year alone!

Hoping that you're finding some comfort from someone and that you'll be back on track soon for your trip!

Bunty 10-04-2013 08:43 PM

Stay strong my friend.... Prayers and healing energy continue to come your way from me. Remember you had a good result on your last scan which was not long ago......
Marie xx

SusanN 10-04-2013 10:28 PM

Dearest Denise...sending you HUGE HUGS and praying for strength, peace and healing!!

NEDenise 10-04-2013 10:59 PM

Well...
My regular neurosurgeon is out of town...
but the radiology doc who read the MRI said he didn't see any new lesions YAY!
or an increase in the edema YAY!

But my onc still isn't sure where the new symptoms are coming from.
She said, "Go enjoy your trip this weekend! And we'll get your Avastin infused on Monday when you get back." "When the neuro looks at the scan next week we'll see what he says. But for now, there's nothing emergent going on."

So I'm shouting in my heart, "Blessed be the LORD!"
taking 8mg of dex/day... which has really helped the symptoms a lot.
And enjoying my reprieve!

Caroline - thanks for sharing the info about your adrenal gland. Mine sure has been through the ringer for the last 6 months or so! Maybe there's some of that going on.

Thanks to all of you for your love, support, energy, prayers!! When medicine fails me, I know where to turn!

So... I don't know exactly what's going on... but at least I'm good for my weekend... and Hawaii might not be too much to ask either. You know me, always looking for that silver lining!

I'll let you know when I know more... but you're all so sweet to me, I didn't want you to be more worried when you didn't here from me for a few days.

Love to all!
Denise
~who is so grateful for all her HER2 sisters and their support/prayers/love

dawny 10-05-2013 03:49 AM

NEDenise, that is fantastic news, you go for your weekend away, and keep planning on Hawaii, I can see it is in your future! I bet you are so relieved

Lots of love
Dawn. Xxxx

Ellie F 10-05-2013 04:37 AM

Gosh Denise what a roller coaster ride! You've been on my mind since I read your post and I checked in as soon as I got up. Very very pleased to hear this news. Have a good weekend .
Love Ellie

tricia keegan 10-05-2013 05:12 AM

Denise I'm only seeing your post now and glad that at least you had some good news and hope you can relax a little and enjoy your weekend, sending healing thoughts to you.

Bunty 10-05-2013 05:39 AM

Aloha - you better get in practice saying that Denise! Good to hear your update, and have a restful, peaceful weekend.
Love Marie x

jaykay 10-05-2013 05:42 AM

So glad to hear the news. Deep breath and enjoy the weekend!

Xoxo

Coux92 10-05-2013 05:48 AM

Oh Denise, I'm praying so hard and often for you and great MRI results. I envision you doing the Hula with your family!

michka 10-05-2013 05:54 AM

Denise I am SO happy nothing bad was read on the mri. I was waiting for your post. I hope you will have a wonderful week end. Michka

Jackie07 10-05-2013 06:45 AM

Didn't get to read the thread until today. Glad you are going on your trip as planned. Have a good one.

chekmark 10-05-2013 07:25 AM

Praise god nothing new, whew, you gave us a scare but you r one tough bird. Never say never and Hawaii is a go. I used to live there so if you need any tips on places to visit,let me know. Mahalo.....

Redwolf8812 10-05-2013 07:44 AM

Thank You, Lord!
http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/a...ey-Dancing.gif

Love, Penny

Vicky 10-05-2013 08:27 AM

Praise God!! So happy to hear and just know we will continue to pray for healing and answers and a wonderful trip to boot!!

ammebarb 10-05-2013 08:57 AM

Just seeing your posts today, Denise, and can't really express how relieved I am to see the result of the mri. Thank you, Lord! Now, enjoy your weekend.

Barb

StephN 10-05-2013 11:52 AM

NED -

Enjoy your weekend and walk carefully using your cane.

Have you taken any physical therapy? Maybe you have and I missed the post, but some specific exercises sure helped me, and I STILL do some of them.

whatz 10-05-2013 11:55 AM

NED,
PTL!!!! woot, woot ;-)

Becky 10-05-2013 12:05 PM

Yippee skippy!