HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Lung Mets! It Just Doesn't Want To Stop! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60535)

sassy 03-19-2014 09:52 PM

Re: Lung Mets! It Just Doesn't Want To Stop!

Get those kickin' boots on girl!

Praying for good response.

Ceesun 03-20-2014 02:45 PM

Karen, Just wanted to chime in and wish you all the best with this new treatment plan. Cathy

Coux92 03-20-2014 03:49 PM

Love and best wishes to you Karen, I sure agree, that spot in the trial was there just for you! It's a sign.

Andrea Barnett Budin 03-20-2014 05:25 PM

Love you, Karen! Two drugs my brain can't process, but sounds like your "song" to me.

I'll call them TN, which in my head means TOUGH NOOGIES...!!!!!!! Take that you sneaky mets. Get the heck out of Karen's life!

Keep thinking -- TOUGH NOOGIES WILL BE MY MAGIC BULLET!!! Send that message to your body, and to the Universe.

And keep singing.

XOXOXO
ANDI

I typed this with colors. What's up with this new impossibility???

Pray 03-20-2014 10:00 PM

Plenty of hopes and prayers headed your way. Gods blessings to you and your family!

waterdreamer 03-20-2014 10:35 PM

When I originally had lung mets Taxotere and herceptin knocked them out completely. I did try Navelbine, but my neutrophils were badly affected. I know my doctor has a clinical trial which I would go on, if my end of month scans show progression, and it is Xeloda, with neratanib or with lapatanib. Good luck, this is gruelling but if anyone can do it, it is you.
Sending healing wishes and love

michka 03-22-2014 06:31 AM

Karen, thinking of you. How did it go Friday? I hope it was easy and that you are feeling good today. Love. Michka

KDR 03-22-2014 01:16 PM

Hi, Michka and all,
Yes! I started yesterday. 50 mg. Benadryl to start. Reminded me of the good old days on Taxol. Totally looped, but didn't sleep. In comes the new drug. I wanted to take a picture of the bag, but it was wrapped in brown plastic. Huh? It can't be exposed to sunlight! All went well, and I went home. Slept off a few hours, and then took the six Neratinib pills. So far, nothing but tired. But I know, Immodium is the "third" drug in this protocol. I know my future...: )
I also spent time with a friend at the clinic. She'd been on this trial for 1.5 years. Good going! Especially since it seems Herceptin and Perjeta need another very strong drug with it to work on me for any length of time. So, I will keep you all posted, and as Steph suggested, I may start a thread with the drug names for those interested.
Thank you, everyone, for your warm wishes.
Warmly,
Karen

Lisalou 03-22-2014 01:23 PM

So glad to hear first round went well. Warm wishes, healing energy and prayers being sent to you
lisa

BonnieR 03-22-2014 10:18 PM

Leave it to you, our trouper, for wanting to take a picture of the chemo bag! That's the kind of thing only another one of us would find entertaining!
Keep the faith

michka 03-23-2014 01:30 AM

Hi Karen, sorry you have to be on Benadryl again and Immodium. I hope the side effects will be minimum and that you will dance with Ned very soon. I believe in these very personalized treatments. Stay strong. Michka

JillaryJill 03-23-2014 08:28 AM

Good luck to you Karen.

KsGal 03-26-2014 02:06 AM

Thinking of you Karen, and sending lots of prayers.

JennyB 03-26-2014 02:25 AM

Good Luck Karen I sincerely hope this combo gets you back to NED for a long time.

Jenny x

Carol Ann 03-26-2014 11:05 AM

Hi Karen,

Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and rooting for you! Hoping the side effects this time aren't too bad.

Carol Ann

LeahM 03-29-2014 02:27 PM

Karen I have been following this thread and praying hard. I am sorry I haven't chimed in till now. Know that I am always in your corner.

Leah