HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Found my lump 10 years ago today! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46731)

StephN 09-21-2010 07:56 PM

Re: Found my lump 10 years ago today!

Thank you all for the nice words and continuing kudos. I basically posted this to show it CAN be done.

Just returned from a nice 9 days road trip. Ended with the past 4 days at Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa up in British Columbia. Still very mellow from soaking in those lovely pools! And the food there is excellent and plenty of it ...

Sheila 09-23-2010 05:09 AM

Steph
Congrats on the 10 year milestone...you are truly a pillar of strength in this community, and show how well the outcome can be. Maybe its the northwest living....I cant seem to catch a break here in IL.!

alicem 09-24-2010 06:29 AM

Dear Steph & Sheila,

I have not been on the message boards lately but decided to check in quickly this morning. I consider both of you my mentors and my inspiration. I am just sorry you both don't have good news.

Steph, I am so very happy for you. This is such wonderful news. I am so thankful that you found your cancer in time to make a difference.

Sheila, I read about your news on the TDM-1 thread. CRAP!!! That is just the first thing that comes to mind. If anyone deserves a break it is you!! In this fight to change the FDA's mind I think both you & Chrisy should be the "poster child" representing the Her2 community. Chrisy for her success story and you for "what might have been". I do hope they find a way to get your MUGA score back in the acceptable range.

Love and Hugs to you both,

ALICE

fauxgypsy 09-24-2010 09:24 AM

You are a wonderful inspiration to us all. Congratulations. Hope to see you again at some point.
Leslie

janieR 09-24-2010 11:49 AM

Steph,

just to say so pleased for you. What a milestone.

janie

lexigirl 09-26-2010 04:01 PM

What a source of inspiration Steph! I am so happy that you continue to be well.It gives us all hope that it can be done, even after recurrence.

Your spa trip sounds terrific! You very much deserve it!

Lexi

dixie46 07-08-2012 10:15 AM

Congratulations, reading your history, you have fought the good fight and I know it was not easy but conquering the decade mark is awesome, Wishing you many more decades.

janieR 07-10-2012 11:25 AM

Many congratulations, Steph.

Janie.

StephN 07-10-2012 01:11 PM

Someone found my post from 2 years ago - now I am about to reach the TWELVE YEAR mark (in September). Thanks for the lovely words, and I always wish the same for everyone else.

Just had another good report last week. Labs all good, and markers where they should be.

Will have a brain MRI this Friday, and have no reason to get anything besides the "all clear" once again.

However, I will never catch up with AndiBB, but I do lover her saying that "each day I beat my own record of life with cancer."