HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~Mighty Oak~Gamma Knife Prayer Request For 12/19/08 (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37236)

StephN 12-18-2008 11:15 AM

Dear Marie -
Now that my porches are cleared of snow, I can visit my friends here.

Having never taken an antidepressant until earlier this year, I can tell you what a difference it made to get me out of my funk after the long ordeal with my Dad last year. I became the caregiver and it was a long, tough run.

A small dose of Celexa did wonders for me. Plus keeping my diet in the really healthy zone.

All the positive and loving thoughts are combining to get you and Ed through this chapter.

Wear your bracelet, OK?

Rich66 12-18-2008 11:26 AM

Good luck!

vickie h 12-18-2008 11:39 AM

Marie dearest, Prayers are flowing in from California. The frost is melting, leaving a forest green painting, warmed by rays of sunshine filtering through crispy leaves of gold and orange. May you and Ed be wrapped in blankets of love and joy and truth during this time. I will be there in the gift shop with you, holding your hand and wiping away any doubt or lonliness, and helping you pick out that wonderful gift for yourself! Much love to you sweet woman, Your sister Vickie

Believe51 12-18-2008 11:54 AM

Well, well

There have been times throughout my life that I have been on antidepressants for short periods of time. Looking at this original post and the replies I can see clearly now that I should reconsider this option again. It has been harder and harder to fight off these feelings. These feelings through this journey have always been addressed as they came and never 'pushed under the rug'. Guess part of it is just the "journey" itself in general! Maybe the other part is I am so used to doing something concerning this journey that when things are set and waiting I get antsy. (Not a doctor even though I play one in real life..LOL) Right now I am kind of sad just thinking about his brain being touched for the third time.

And then....and then there are all you. Jumping to my rescue. Pushing me to recognize what I might have missed. Sending love and prayers my way. With each post I find more strength to make it another day so I can mend myself. You all have not only helped him on his journey, you have helped me on mine. It is so hard to watch this happen to your best friend. No matter what happens these feelings are tough. I have been depressed for some time and I thank you for reminding me that I may need more!

At first I felt so selfish after posting this thread but I stopped thinking that way. You understand like no other friends. I am wearing not only my bracelet now, but will wear it with my 'green shoes' tomorrow!! I am playing Mrs Claus. I will be carrying a huge grapevine basket full of chocolate covered pretzels, sugar cookies and gifts to pass out to all 3 of our facilities; doctors, surgeons, nurses.....whole nine yards. We are due for 12-14 inches of snow. Hey, we are fighting brain mets, Ed and I are not afraid of a little snow.

Love To All and Thanks Again!!

BRING IT ON 'CAUSE AWAY WE GO!!
>>Believe51

Shobha 12-18-2008 11:55 AM

Dear Marie,
Praying and sending positive vibes to you! You have been so strong and positive through this rough journey. Even through your depression, I see your spirit that is staying positive and you are able to evoke your sense of humor!

Ed and you will be in my mind and prayers.

Yorkiegirl 12-18-2008 12:21 PM

Marie and Ed, I posted last night BUT I can see it didn't show up.

Please know many prayers are going for you both.

Marie if I could you a big hug in person I would, but I'm sending a "BIG" cyber to you.

Kavy 12-19-2008 02:17 AM

Marie,
I will say a special prayer for you and Ed tonight. May God be with both of you, giving you strength and healing Ed.
Hugs,
KarlaV.

Mary Jo 12-19-2008 06:25 AM

Praying for you today Ed and Marie. Hope the gift shop is nice. http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif

Mary Jo

Catherine 12-19-2008 08:19 AM

Marie,

Marie and Ed, you are probably at the Gamma Center as I type. So my prayers and brain power are headed towards you. The Gamma people probably have this all under control. Now we need to get inside your little head and deal with those blue meanines that are bringing you down. It is so easy to be depressed and then so easy to be disappointed in ourselves because we let the blue meanies win. When this happens to me, my sister gets me out of the house or encourages me to set up a coffee date or wine date with a girlfriend. You may not have time to do this. How about a phone date? Put something on your calendar that you can look forward to, no matter how small. Not sure how much free time you have, but how about a pedicure? Get something booked. You seem to have a 24-hour job being the best wife on this planet....find an hour that is just for you and then look forward to it. In the meantime, enjoy every minute of looking and shopping in the gift shop. Retail therapy is scientifcally proven. I am surprized we do not have a page on our site dedicated to Retail Therapy.

Hugs and love to you, Catherine

SoCalGal 12-19-2008 09:01 AM

With you today Marie. BREATHE.
xxoo
Flori

janieR 12-19-2008 12:27 PM

Marie .

I am thinking of you and Ed today. Marie you have had to be so strong for Ed and at the same time are so lovely to all of us.

Earlier in the year when I was down, you still had the time to put a message up to cheer me up. I so hope it goes well for Ed. Please look after yourself, you are an extra special person.

Take care.

Janie

Terri B 12-19-2008 02:33 PM

Sis, I'm thinking about you & Ed!

Joan M 12-19-2008 05:12 PM

Marie,

You and Ed are in my prayers today and always.

Keep the strength.

Joan

Jean 12-19-2008 08:24 PM

Marie,
I have prayed a very special request just for you and Ed.
Keep your faith and your strength will help you arrive to a better emotional level....be patient with yourself.

Sending you loving prayers and thoughts.
Big Hugs,
Jean

Rich66 12-19-2008 08:32 PM

"we are fighting brain mets, Ed and I are not afraid of a little snow."

I love this;)

juanita 12-22-2008 06:50 PM

sending my prayers to both of you!!!!