HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   New to this.. Just dx dcis/idc Scared (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46614)

cc4npg 09-12-2010 03:31 PM

Re: New to this.. Just dx dcis/idc Scared

I don't know how to pm, or if it's acceptable to put my email up, so let me know how to do these things and maybe we can hook up.

p.s.... I would much rather live with no reconstruction because I had to have radiation than to die with a fake boob. That's my standing on it... but if I can have both, then that's cool too.

adelay 09-12-2010 04:41 PM

Hit the "user CP" tab above and you can edit your profile and add your email. Also you can search "members list" and you can find out other info about members. Hope you have a good week.

TriciaK 09-12-2010 04:57 PM

Angelisa, I am sending you thoughts and prayers, too. This is a very compassionate group and collectively we've been through about it all! I am 80, have been fighting breast cancer for 25 years, am now dealing with my 4th round of it (second her2). You are getting great comments and advice from others, so let me just add my little mantra:" I never say I HAVE BC---I always say I AM FIGHTING BC." And also remember that faith and fear cannot coexist, so whenever you feel overwhelmed with fear, reach out and embrace your faith and fear has to leave. You have wonderful faith, and I absolutely agree that you have had some special signs. You may well find, as many of us have, that the experiences you are now going through and may yet go through will make you a far better person, and teach you great lessons of love and appreciation for others and for life itself. None of us chose to belong to this particular "club" but many of us would not give up what we have learned and gained from it. You can find the stories and posts that will help you understand so much about us and what we have overcome. Please post often. Hugs, TriciaK

cc4npg 09-12-2010 05:42 PM

25 years... you are an inspiration to me! Thank you... for your prayers and caring.

joletta 09-12-2010 06:47 PM

Hi Angelina,
My thoughts were exactly like yours thinking God was mad and all. I also lost my mom in 2003 so I was thinking mabe she wanted me back. I was so confused, nervous and I just kept thinking this cant be happening to me I have an 8 month old and 5 year old. I will tell this is a battle its not easy, but you need to be strong and the people on this site are remarkable and we all help each other. The stage you are at of not knowing is the hardest however try to not let anxiety take over, because anxiety can give you symptoms that dont exist...like shortness of breath...it will try to take over your mind. Also try to take a deep breath continuesly talking it may drain you, so if you need a brake dont feel bad to not answer the phone. Put trust in your doctor but do be persistant to get things resolved. They probley will not know 100% what kind of invasion you have untill they do surgery and node dissection. If I were you (and its what i did) I would get a double masectomy so you dont ever have to worry about the other side once this cancer is cured. I am stage 3 with 4 pos nodes and I was able to get them reconstructed with tissue expanders..it is a way they stretch your skin...so you would need to get a plastic surgeon...It is corodinated at the same time of the masectomy surgery. Then you will visit w/your plastic surgeon to get them expanded again to the size you want..a good plastic surgeon can make you about 1 size larger than previous. I was devasted to lose my hair but in the realm of things all that stuff is not imporant..People dont love you because of hair, boobs, nails ect...Take one thing @ a time One day @ a time..Please email me if you want to talk Ill give you my phone #. Please know you will be ok whatever the diagnosis there are great meds and the rest of the ladies on this site can back that up more than myself!!
you are in my prayers,
Joletta

cc4npg 10-14-2010 02:08 PM

Wanted to post an update. I found out I am triple negative and BRCA2 positive. I had a bilateral mx 10/7 with immediate reconstruction TE's placed. I seem to be healing very well. I had nipple sparing, with biopsy of tissue beneath nipple on cancer side done at time of surgery (negative) and 3 sentinel nodes taken at time of surgery (frozen) which were negative at time of surgery. Still waiting on final pathology. I will have ovaries/fallopian tubes removed after I heal. I will most likely start chemo in November sometime. I had 2 drains after surgery, both were removed 4 days later. Please continue to pray for me, because I still have so far to go and very little help at home with a toddler.

PatriceH 10-14-2010 07:11 PM

First...breathe. There are SO many questions and you can only handle them one at a time. Your sisters here have their arms wrapped around you. Cry, Scream, take one moment at a time. This is a journey that has only just begun, but know that you aren NOT alone. God will guide you to who, where you need to be, when it's time for each decision, you will know.

Cal-Gal 10-14-2010 08:03 PM

Hi there--

I am just seeing this post--I see that you are
ER/PR- and HER2 equivocal--SAME AS ME---

I was BRCA 1/2 negative--they thought I might be #2 positive but it came back negative--

I have ILC vs IDC--

I was on Herceptin for a year--see my signature---my Onc did lots of research and talked to other Onc's and they all said to treat equivocal as positive--I am happy I had it ---you might want to check with your Onc or get a 2nd opinion if you are interested in Herceptin.

Lots of Love and Good Luck---

ginnyg898 10-15-2010 10:48 AM

HI: I am new to the boards as well; I was diagnosed just last August and just finished my first chemo infusion. I know exactly how you are feeling. The first week after diagnosis is just a blur and I know how scared you are feeling. I still have my days but, at least for me, the further I get into treatment the more determined I am to beat this thing.

These boards have been invaluable for support. Best to you on the journey.

Ginny

fauxgypsy 10-16-2010 02:34 PM

I had a nodule in my lung, they followed it for a while. Said it was probably histoplasmosis. It has gone away. I hope everything goes well. this is a great support system and it will help you so much.

harrie 10-17-2010 11:54 PM

Angelisa,
My story is very similar to yours. I am also BRCA2 positive, and had immediate reconstruction at the time of my mastectomy. In the past I had a history of radiation.
I also am a believer in signs that helped me considerably during those days when I was searching for info to ensure I was on the right track for making the best decisions possible.
If I can help you in any way I will be more then happy to do so.
My surgeries, chemo, and all are now close to 4 yrs behind me and I am doing absolutely great.
Oh yes, and I also had an oophorectomy to remove my ovaries and tubes.
Maryanne