HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Started Intrathecal Herceptin Today (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49623)

Barbara H. 04-16-2011 10:18 AM

Re: Started Intrathecal Herceptin Today

Hi Courtney,
You just amaze me. I am sending positive wishes that your new treatment works for you. I wouldn't have had the stamina to do all that you did on that trip even before I had cancer.
Best regards,
Barbara H.

Ellie F 04-16-2011 11:02 AM

Courtney
Sometimes someone comes along whose courage takes your breath away. YOU are that someone !!

Ellie

StephN 04-16-2011 12:03 PM

Dear Courtney -
SO glad you were able to take that NZ adventure trip and could work around your treatments.

Getting away and having new surroundings to focus on is very freeing and does our spirit a lot of good.

Let us know about the spinal tap result, and I am glad they went ahead and administered the Intrathecal treatment even without the lab result. Heading off the cells before they have a chance to begin new tumors seems so sensible.

Very happy you have a medical center that has this treatment! I know you are paying close attention to any and ALL possibilities to whup this disease.

Patb 04-16-2011 12:52 PM

What an atitude. You go girl. My best wishes and
healing thoughts with you daily. Keep us posted.
I am so glad the trip was wonderful for you.
patb

Elizabethtx 04-16-2011 01:11 PM

How inspiring! What a blessing you were able to take this trip. Cancer can NOT take away our joy in living! Thank you for the wonderful message you give us all!

tricia keegan 04-16-2011 02:24 PM

Courtney, you brought a smile to my face too as I've always wanted to swim with dolphins!!!!
I wish you every success with this tx and yes, you're just the girl to do it!!!!!

Gerri 04-16-2011 04:01 PM

Courtney,

I Googled 'Amazing Young Woman', clicked on Images and there you were - backpack and all! Seriously, you are an incredible woman and you inspire so many of us. Keep up the fight - there is no doubt in my mind who is going to win this one.

Love and hugs to you,

Jackie07 04-16-2011 06:26 PM

Courtney,

Thanks for the update - especially the wonderful trip part. My 2nd Sister had just e-mailed me to discourage me from going home for our Father's 96th birthday. She did not think I could 'survive' the long flight... I'm going to tell her what wonderful time you've had in New Zealand...

[Though I've also been pondering about getting a webcam instead ... :)]

KDR 04-17-2011 07:04 AM

Courtney, recently checked in to your Caring Bridge page and loved your wonderful piece on how alive your city is and look at you...an inspiration to all...think of you always,
Karen

ElaineM 04-17-2011 11:18 AM

All the best to you in your new treatment. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Paty 04-17-2011 12:44 PM

Courtney,

Great to hear back from you. Sending you hugs and best wishes. You will knock that bad mets out of your body, you are a true fighter. Please keep us posted. Will continue praying for you and all my her2 sisters. Love,

Paty

schoolteacher 04-18-2011 12:54 PM

Courtney,

Hope to hear from you soon.

Amelia

Laurel 04-18-2011 07:31 PM

Woot, wootin' here in Hershey for ya, Courtney! Cancer be damned! Life is meant to be lived. Love the attitude. Sure hope the new regime works wonders on those pesky brain mets buggers!

Kavy 04-19-2011 12:59 AM

Courtney,
You are an amazing young woman who is an inspiration to all of us.
I'm sending prayers that the intrathecal herceptin treatment will get rid of all brain mets for good, and that Gemzar will bring your body to NED as well.
Thanks for paving new options for us brain mets sisters, and for keeping us updated.
Hugs and love,
KarlaV.

LoisLane 04-20-2011 12:38 PM

Thanks Courtney for your update. You are such an inspiration, "cancer be damned". You are full of life and obviously will push forward, strive to enjoy all that our lives have to give us. You really have made us feel so strong today. Best wishes and continued wonderful life experiences for you and your family..

DeenaH 04-20-2011 06:10 PM

Hi Courtney,

You really are such an inspiration!! Your positive attitude is what I remember when I get down. I am so glad the injections aren't painful and you don't have side effects.

How exciting that the Gemzar is working on the lungs again! It must be so encouraging to be able to watch it work on the skin lesion too.

I just know this new Herceptin administration is going to work for the brain mets.

I am so glad you had a wonderful time in NZ. What a dream to be able to go on a trip like that (cancer or no).

Laurel 04-20-2011 06:25 PM

How ya feeling today, Courtney?

Melissa 04-20-2011 09:17 PM

Courtney,

I have faith that this treatment will work!

schoolteacher 04-21-2011 01:26 PM

Courtney,

Just checking to see have you have been.

Amelia

CourtneyL 04-21-2011 09:54 PM

I have great news to share so I'll get right to the point. The results from the spinal tap were negative! They did not find any cancer cells in the cerebral spinal fluid. As you know, this is very good news for my prognosis and treatment. While it may still mean that there could be some small number of rogue cancer cells in there, they couldn't find any.

Since I still have the brain tumors, some of which appear outside the brain tissue, we will continue with the intrathecal Herceptin injections to see if that can keep the existing tumors under control. The plan is to do one injection a month. We'll scan again in a few weeks to see where we're at and we may add the chemo Temodar to the mix if the Herceptin is not enough. I'm not sure if Gamma Knife is on the table yet. I'm trying desperately to avoid WBR but that is an option should I need it.

In the meantime, Jay and I, and my entire family for that matter, are breathing a little easier knowing that the worst case scenario has not arrived.

Words can not express my gratitude to you all for your thoughts, prayers, messages, private messages, emails, notes on my caringbridge page, etc. Its been a rough week or so but the clouds are lifting and there is cause to celebrate. God is listening to our prayers. The universe is sending out those good vibes.

Wishing you all a Happy Easter, Passover, or whatever your springtime celebration may be. I know we will be giving extra thanks this Easter Sunday.

With love and healing light and prayers to you all!