HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~It Won't Be Long Now! Poor Mighty Oak!!~ (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41167)

lisajones4 09-22-2009 07:20 AM

Re: ~It Won't Be Long Now! Poor Mighty Oak!!~

Marie - Both you and Ed are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so so sorry. Peace be with you too.

lexigirl 09-22-2009 07:38 AM

Dear Marie,

My heart is aching for you. I can't express to you how I am feeling, but please know that I am praying right now for God's comfort and strength to surround you both as Ed prepares to move on.

Love and Prayers,
Lexi

suzan w 09-22-2009 07:55 AM

It is a sad time indeed. Love and prayers to you both. XO Suzan

Mary Jo 09-22-2009 08:51 AM

I am so sorry Marie.

Terri B 09-22-2009 09:05 AM

Awww Sis, I really hate this for you. Remember, I have very large shoulders. We are all here to catch you.

Shobha 09-22-2009 09:42 AM

Dear Marie,

Praying deeply for Ed and you. May god give him peace.

hugs,
shobha

julierene 09-22-2009 10:14 AM

I hate Mr. Cancer running rampant in our loved ones... but at one point I realized DAMN IT! We're all terminal. Then I didn't quite feel so alone anymore. Cancer was my worst enemy, until it made me stop taking my life for granted, and living every moment I could to the best of my ability. I used to think it was the most inhumane unnatural way to die, but now I've changed my tune (a little). After the anger settles some, (and it took me over 15 years after my mother's, brother's, uncle's, and grandfather's death from it) I realized it was kinda nice to have a warning. My mother was the first to go at the age of 33, and after years of wishing I had told her goodbye, I got the chance with all my other relatives.

As I sit and write the memoir about my life, I am almost thankful that I was pushed into doing it by cancer. I was pushed into making scrapbooks for my children to cherish when I am gone. There are some good things, but much anger when dealing with being taken too soon. I've already lived 4 years longer than I thought I would and at any given point, it might be over. I wish there were more I could say to comfort you, but it's a cherished treat to be able to hug the one you love, tell them how much they mean to you, and how much you will miss them.

As I said 'goodbye' to a friend I had met in the chemo room, the ole' man hugged me and said I helped to brighten his stay in the dreary days he spent getting chemo. I got to hug this newfound friend, on his way back to his home state, where he spent the last few days. He hugged me in a way I will never forget and always cherish. I hope you will too someday be warmed by all the good memories... No matter how comforting you can try to be, "The more you love, the more you ache". I know you loved him so much that it hurts. You have an amazing amount of love and support here to lean on. What a tribute to his memory. I know it's gagging sometimes to get people's advice, but here is mine: "let people help you and try not to rob them of that wonderfully giving opportunity". Lots of love, Julie

juanita 09-22-2009 10:23 AM

i can't say it any better than any of the others have. just adding lots of love for both of you and LOTS of prayers.

CourtneyL 09-22-2009 10:41 AM

Marie, my heart breaks for you. I have been praying for you and Ed since I first read about your journey. I am holding you up in prayer right now as you spend this time with Ed and help him on his journey. No words can really say what I want to say. I am so sorry sweet lady.

I never spoke with God,
Nor visited in heaven;
Yet certain am I of the spot
As if the chart were given.

- Emily Dickinson

ammebarb 09-22-2009 10:50 AM

Sending my love, Marie, and praying for comfort for you. Someone told me when my Mom passed that to live well, after she was gone was the greatest tribute I could pay her. You are a remarkable woman, Marie, and you will carry on in tribute to Mighty Oak.

Barb A.

Lien 09-22-2009 10:54 AM

Dear Sweet Marie & Ed,

I am sending waves of peace
Oceans of acceptance
Cleansing white light
And love

We are all with you, during those last days, those last hours. We hold you in our hearts and share the burden. You are surrounded by love.

Jacqueline

WomanofSteel 09-22-2009 10:57 AM

Marie, my heart goes out to you. I pray for peace for you and Ed. You know I am only a phone call away if you need me.

janieR 09-22-2009 11:02 AM

Dear Marie,

My heart is breaking for you.

Everyone here is with you and for you and your lovely Ed.

Janie

Leslie's sister 09-22-2009 11:46 AM

I'm so sorry Marie. You and Ed are in my prayers.

Lisa

Patb 09-22-2009 12:41 PM

So so sorry, may peace and love be with you both
as you go through this.
patb

Margerie 09-22-2009 12:44 PM

Peace and strength Marie

I am so sorry this is happening to you and your mighty (always mighty) oak

michka 09-22-2009 01:31 PM

Dear Marie. I am with you in thoughts. I hope Mighty Oak, I admire so much, is not suffering. My words cannot express the sadness of my heart. I send you both all my love and strength. Michka

lkc Gumby 09-22-2009 01:32 PM

Deart Marie, I will continue to keep you and Ed in my prayers. May you both be blessed with peace at this very difficult time.

Karen Wheel 09-22-2009 02:03 PM

Marie - I am so sorry! CRAP! I read this as I came home from vacation and I have my best friend here in Italy from Seattle and I started to cry when I read this and couldn't stop --- I am so sorry to hear this.
You are so right to hate this f-ing disease! IT SUCKS! It is bad and evil and it is all things that are not good --- I thank god every day I found this group so that I feel like we all have a connection and can try to fight this. We are all warriors and we have to somehow find a way to kick this beast in the back side and win - if only in a small way every day.

You are still winning as the C can never take your joy. It can never take the love that you and Ed have for each other ... this will always be and will never leave you.

The only words of comfort I know to share now is that I lost a soul mate when I was 25 --- sudden and without saying goodbye and this somehow shaped the next 10-20 years, for me, as it changes you forever. I chose to not let it change me for the negitive, but I chose to find some sort of good and I sense that Ed would like you to do this too. Also, I believe we live more than once, so we have more than on chance at this thing we call life... so, that also means we will find our true soul mates again in the next life. So tell Ed you will find him again --- it is only a matter of human years - and you two will love again, I am sure. It helped me many years ago - and I hope it somehow helps you.

I am sending you lots of love and good energy from my little island paradise - praying for you, crying with you.

With love - Karen

schoolteacher 09-22-2009 02:29 PM

Marie,

You and the Mighty Oak are in my prayers. My heart aches for the both of you. God be with you both.

Amelia