HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Scanxiety Confirmed, Progression Shown (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43539)

Lori R 01-30-2010 07:56 AM

Re: Scanxiety Confirmed, Progression Shown

Dear Sheila,
I am so sorry that you have to regroup. I believe it was Carolyn who pointed out that hearing the news might be the low point in the darned roller coaster ride. (someone let us off!!! We've had enough fun now.)

We both know that you are up for another loop...so.....acknowledge the sadness, take a deep breath, gather your wits for another round.

REMEMBER!!!! there are a lot more options. Try the Avastin as it served you well in the past, if that doesn't work can you go another round with a taxane? Abraxane worked well for me. And of course, our silver bullet TDM-1 which I thought Joe posted something about compassionate use.

We know that you never take NO for an answer. Please keep up the good work. If you need anything from us...let us know....Lots of energy coming your way...Lori

michka 01-30-2010 08:59 AM

Dear Sheila. I am so sorry that Tykerb did not work very long. I just feel like punching all these insurance guys in the nose. Why such delays? First there was this horrible Tykerb story and now you have to wait for Abraxane. It worked for you before so I hope it will wipe all these bad cells out again. And maybe a combo would be best but others know more than me about possible options.The only thing I can do is send you hugs and tell you I am thinking of you. A lot. Michka

karen z 01-30-2010 09:56 AM

Sheila,
I sent you a pm and am also thinking about you a lot.
I am sorry that you are having to go through this- stay your very very strong self!

ammebarb 01-30-2010 12:28 PM

Oh Shiela, I'm so sorry you've had progression and hope that the Avastin does good things for you. Physical symptoms can surely be the pits, but for me, the mental and emotional were just as hard---so I'm praying for good results with Avastin and Herceptin, but also for your state of mind. How I wish that magic words could make it all better! I am thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.

Barb A.

Lien 01-30-2010 12:33 PM

Shit! I'm sorry, but that's the word that comes to mind. This just SUX!

Ofcourse you feel upset, scared, tired, disappointed and all the other emotions going through you right now.

Let's hope Avastin will do it's thing for you. I'm sending good thoughts, healing energy, calming waves and lots, lots of great big hugs your way. Just hang in there!

Love

Jacqueline

chicagoetc 01-30-2010 01:34 PM

Sheila,

Drat. What a letdown. I'm praying too for relief via the Avastin or whatever else becomes obvious. Will be in touch re lunch...

Melanie

Snootch 01-30-2010 01:37 PM

Sheila - I'm so upset by this news it's hard to write this, BUT keep fighting and keep your hope bright. My sincere wish for you is that all the wonderful, angelic support you have provided so many here will come back to you NOW and see you through to health again. You are in my thoughts and prayers, please keep us posted. - Luca

tricia keegan 01-30-2010 04:55 PM

Sheila, keeping you in my thoughts and hoping your onc find that hat trick:)

Patb 01-30-2010 05:28 PM

No!!! After you fought so hard and long to get this
combo. Maybe they will speed up the next treatment
and it will knock it back and since you are aware of HBP
can be prepared for that. YOu are in my prayers and
hopes that all will be well. God bless.
patb

lizm100 01-30-2010 06:26 PM

Sheila-
so sorry for what you're going through. I'll definitely say extra prayers for you. Hang in there I'm sure there are more options.

Sending (((hugs))) and prayers your way.

Ceesun 01-30-2010 06:47 PM

Sheila, Darn....sending prayers for good options to come your way. Ceesun ( I am on the same combo for now )

Rich66 01-30-2010 08:22 PM

If you can swing it, seems prudent to keep up the Her2 blockade. I can't remember the access to TDM1 issues. You could add Xeloda in at a lower, continuous, metronomic dose. Same for Cyclophosphamide. Xeloda and Gemzar seem good in pretreated patients. Gemzar and Abraxane too. Weekly seems best. Docetaxel is still there too. If you have an easy spot to needle biopsy, might be a good time to see what's what. You may be ER+ after extended Her2 therapy. That would open up that whole side of things. I've even read high dose antiestrogens can have effect on technically ER negative patients. Ramping gradually up to 20mg Melatonin at night would likely help. Mainline some green or white Tea or get some capsules. Heard only good things about that. Same with Milk thistle.

Faith in Him 01-30-2010 08:24 PM

Shelia,

Progression is so hard to deal with. I am so sorry you are going through this but I believe the right combo is out there for you. I thought you were pursuing the TDM1 trial. Is that a possiblity?

v-ness 01-30-2010 08:35 PM

dear sheila - i can't imagine how you must feel getting this news but i just wanted to say you are in my thoughts. i hope for the best for you. valerie

Gerri 01-30-2010 09:03 PM

Oh Shelia, I am so sorry that Tykerb/Herceptin did not work for you. Please know that I am thinking about you and hope you can start on your new plan of attack without delay.

Hang in there and please keep us posted.

Pam P 01-31-2010 05:50 AM

I am so angry reading this news. I'd hoped the tykerb herceptin combo would be a good one for you for a long time. You & I were on avastin about the same time I think. The nosebleeds & bp issues at least were manageable. I hope this will shrink those da*&#@ tumors down & gone again. I'm wondering too about the t-dm1 possibility for you now. I'm sending you all kinds of prayers and good thoughts for you right now. Pam

kimber 01-31-2010 11:12 AM

I am praying for you Sheila! You can and will get this under control again. I can't even begin to imagine the roller coaster ride that you have been on. We need you around here woman! You are not going anywhere!!

Much love to you -
kim

Ruth 01-31-2010 12:18 PM

Oh Sheila ~ I am so sorry! You have been such a rock of support for everyone here. I'm praying for you.
Ruth

krisvell 01-31-2010 06:51 PM

Hi Sheila, I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for that Hat Trick... You've had good success in the past and it will work again.

As an aside, I just want to thank you for all the posts you do. I feel very grounded thanks to the information that you share on this site. You are one of the folks on this site that have given me great strength to deal with this.

Sending Hugs and Prayers your way.
Kris....

Emelie B 01-31-2010 08:28 PM

Hi Sheila,
I have taken so much comfort in seeing your beautiful, smiling face each time I checked in. Don't despair. Take a breath and let us all send you love and luck.
Hang in there and know that no matter what, we are standing beside you in your fight.