HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Need some help... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50501)

Chelee 07-10-2011 03:34 AM

Re: Need some help...

Lastest update. If anyone has some thoughts on this I welcome them! I finally saw my Ortho oncologist. The MRI I had of hips and pelvis (iliac crest) show a mass on left hip which has increased in size since last MRI. Iliac crest shows progression also. The mass on left hip is on the femoral head which concerns me, but Ortho onc said he doesn't think it will fracture? Now that he's seen the MRI he strongly suggest radiation to left hip and iliac crest. :(

This Monday I see my onc and haven't decided which chemo combo/targeted therapy to start on? Lungs just now feeling almost normal again so I hate the thought of this. I'm thinking I'll try the Xeloda/Herceptin first--and maybe add in Tykerb if all goes well?

Or now that I have to do radiation I could temporarly do Herceptin/Faslodex/Zometa till I get thru rads? (And switch Zometa to Denosumab?) Maybe it works better on bone mets? But I'm not sure if adding just the Faslodex will be enough for the bone mets? I was trying to make this easier on me while getting rads done first. I hate making decisions like this.

Chelee

Pam P 07-10-2011 05:03 AM

Chelee - I think while you do radiation you won't be able to be on chemo so maybe just herceptin and zometa for until rads are done. Do you know how many? I'm sorry you have to add this to your routine now too and hope the rads will take care of all the hip issues for you. Stay strong you are one amazing woman. Pam

Chelee 07-10-2011 05:13 PM

Hi Pam,
I see my onc tomorrow and was going to ask about the chemo/rads issue? I have no idea if I can do both at the same time? I think with some chemo's you can? When I was doing Navelbine one time they let me do rads to right hip. I just don't know?

I haven't seen a Radiation onc yet but plan too soon. I have no idea of how many times they will want to zap these spots? When I had the mass removed from RT hip in Nov. 09 they had me do 10 days to that hip. I've always wondered why only 10? My Rt hip is still showing uptake..so not sure how much rads does at times? If I remember right you had 15 to each femur? Did that destroy the cancer for you? How are you doing now?

I sure wish the mass on left side wasn't on the head of my femur. Seems like a bad spot to radiate. I just don't know what to do? I hate this decision making. Thanks Pam!

Chelee

ElaineM 01-15-2012 11:39 AM

Hi Chelee,
I came across a July post from you about yor hip. I hope your hip and everything else has improved. We hope to hear from you soon. Take care. Blessings of peace and good health to you always.