HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Mets to lungs (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29135)

Karen Weixel 07-14-2007 09:49 AM

Kate,

I am sending you and your family strength, hugs and prayers. I know you will beat this.

Stay strong.

Karen

KellyA 07-14-2007 10:19 AM

Kate,

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I do feel the same way that you do- you've caught them early and you have many many options. You are a very strong person and I have no doubt that you will knock this down and be back to NED in no time. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Kelly

tousled1 07-14-2007 10:47 AM

Usefullness of HER2 serum test

Just thought I'd let everyone know that my baseline HER2 serum test was 10.1. So, when it went up to 9.5 something in my head told me something was wrong even though it was still within "normal"

I now am a firm believer in the usefullness of the HER2 serum test to monitor progression.

Val Pfeiffer 07-14-2007 11:27 AM

hi Kate--
I'm really sorry to hear about this. Your situation isn't that different than mine was. PLEASE keep us posted.

I have a question--one of the things that I've never looked into is the serum tests--I don't have a baseline. Can you or anyone else tell me exactly what test your docs are running? Is the Bayer serum test that Walt Carney worked on? I really should check into that.

Hang in there, Kate...my thoughts are definitely with you :-)

Val

Val Pfeiffer 07-14-2007 12:04 PM

Never mind...

I found some discussion about the serum tests on another thread just now, so no replies needed :-)

And Joe just loaded my new photo--the previous one was from 2005 when I was getting radiation--my hair is much longer now!

Mary Jo 07-14-2007 12:58 PM

Oh Kate...........just came on to check the boards and was shocked to read your post. I don't know how I missed it earlier. Oh Kate, I'm so sorry for what you have just heard. It had to be a crushing blow to you. Even though we all know this "beast" can show it's face anytime and we try to prepare for that day (although praying it never comes) the shock and saddness hits with a force only you can understand.

I'm so thankful the mets were caught early and am praying that treatment will knock them on their A _ _ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm SURE you can fill in the blanks).

All I can send you is my prayers, my love and a HUGE cyber hug.

Love,

Mary Jo

DonnaD 07-14-2007 02:11 PM

Kate,
I am so sorry to hear your news. But am glad you caught things early and have a good onc who will figure this all out.

We are like a special family when one hurts we all hurt.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Donna

TSund 07-14-2007 02:29 PM

Kate,

You have been very kind to many here. Thank-you for that. Know that you are appreciated and know that so many carry you in their spirit as you continue your journey.

Terri

kacey 07-14-2007 02:55 PM

Kate. So sorry for your news, but good going for caching it early. Keep us posted and use those big guns. Know you'll beat back those little beasties in no time. Will keep you in prayers and sending you cyber hugs.<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>

Kacey

tricia keegan 07-14-2007 04:13 PM

Kate can I ask you, if you had'nt had the her2 serum test would you have known to ask for other tests? Did you have other symptoms? I only ask because I live in Ireland and my onc does'nt do her2 serum tests. I'm also a smoker and obviously worry about lung mets.

tousled1 07-14-2007 04:18 PM

Tricia,

No I really didn't have any symptoms other than a little shortness of breath on exertion. I'm just glad my onc does the HER2 serum test otherwise I wouldn't have had a scan until I developed symptoms.

Liz J. 07-14-2007 04:26 PM

Dear Kate,

I am so sorry to hear this news. But, as many of the group have stated, you have a very strong fortitude and you will keep pushing forward. I just know it. Sending prayers and all good wishes for a speedy NED to you.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

Gerri 07-14-2007 04:32 PM

Kate,

So sorry to hear your news. Going with your gut instinct certainly paid off. It sounds like you caught it early and are up to the challenge.
You are a fighter and can beat this once you find the right combo.

Stay strong. We are all pulling for you.

kareneg 07-14-2007 06:11 PM

Dear Kate,
I am so sorry too how I hate this beast! But they have alot of treatments and you will do fine. Please know your are in my prayers. Keep the faith my friend.

Jen 07-14-2007 06:59 PM

Kate I am glad to hear that you trusted your instincts even in spite of the normal levels. I am also glad that you caught this early because early detection really is the key here.

Yorkiegirl 07-14-2007 07:59 PM

Kate I am so very sorry to read this news about you.

I will ceratinly keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

Jean 07-14-2007 09:31 PM

Kate,
Please know you are in my prayers. You are a sweet and strong fighter.
Once treatments begin you will stomp on those mets and be NED....

Love and Hugs,
jean

Patricia 07-14-2007 09:59 PM

Hi Kate,

I am so sorry to hear your latest news. I am sure it must have been quite a blow for you (how could it not! - this disease sucks!), but it sounds like you are keeping your focus on treatment and the path back to NED. You know yourself well and you trusted your instincts. You are a model for all of us to bug our doctors when you 'know' something is not right. How lucky you are to have a dr that was willing to go ahead and get the scan done so that you can fight the mets as small ones.

We are all here for you when you need, please let us know if there is anything you need (research, encouragement, prayers, just friendship and smiles). Meanwhile, you will be in my thoughts and prayers, and I will look out for your posts to see how you are coming along.

Hugs,
Patricia

Catherine 07-14-2007 10:20 PM

Green Shoes and Army Boots

Dear Kate,

I am sitting here going ...., ...., double-damn. like some of the others. I am bummed and mad about this, but ready to put on my green shoes and army boots to join the rest of our army to support and help you in your next treatment plan. Thank goodness for all the knowledgeable friends who have already posted their advice.

Thank goodness you asked for the CT scan and the MRI. I will be on vacation when you go next week for your appointment. You will be in my prayers. I know you are a well-informed fighter. So you go girl, and we will be standing right there with you.

Love to you, Catherine

Linda 07-14-2007 10:40 PM

Dear Kate:
I'm so sorry to hear this, but glad you caught things early and know that treatment will go well. Please let us know what happens. Thinking of you
Linda