HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   scan and doctor update (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51105)

Elizabethtx 08-24-2011 05:42 PM

Re: scan and doctor update

Pam,
My heart aches knowing what you are going through physically as well as emotionally. Know you are in my prayers and all you can do is keep going on! Gentle hugs!

joyce lutz 08-28-2011 04:25 PM

Pam - sorry to hear your news but happy about the heart news! You just keep fighting one step at a time like you have been! I know it's rough but it's what needs to be done and you can do it. My Pam is having a rough time w/side effects from decadron and she's fighting for all she's worth so you keep plugging too ok? I'm pulling for you always. My best to you
joyce

Mtngrl 08-28-2011 05:50 PM

Pam,

So sorry for your difficulties of late. I wish there were something to say to make it better for you. Know that you are being held in prayer.

Catherine 08-29-2011 08:03 PM

Hi Pam,
Thanks for the update. You are doing a good job of getting through each treatment. I am glad that others have been able to suggest additional drugs to inquire about. I will hope and pray that you get some relief from the pain. All of us are behind you. Sending my love and good wishes direct to you via this post.

Thinking of you,

Rich66 08-29-2011 09:34 PM

Seems like Denosumab is definitely worth a try in your situation. As is weekly Zometa like my mom is getting..no neck pain after a bit on that regimen.

Just a thought on the hormonal side. You have had estrogen receptor blockers and aromatase inhibitors separately. There is a possibility that combining the two might help...i.e. Faslodex or Tamoxifen + Femara or Aromasin. Adding metformin..yeah..I know onc gave resistance..but onc should be more flexible if using phrases like running out of drugs etc.

Any chance to get a new biopsy/sample for chemosensitivity testing?

Is it thought that your reactions were due to her2 meds? Otherwise, seems like all indications suggest continuation of at least Herceptin beyond progression.

pibikay 08-30-2011 05:06 AM

Pam all the best with your new treatment combo.be cheerfull.

Pam P 08-30-2011 05:46 AM

Sorry I haven't checked in, but there's not much to report. I've been following up and considering all the good suggestions you've provided. The rads on femur are done. Much - not all pain is gone. Rads continue on spine. That causes some nausea & diarrhea. Still fatigue. Three weeks left I think. Then hope I feel more like adding back exercise - I feel I've gotten weaker again. Scheduled to begin abraxane on Thursday. Still haven't gotten far on tdm1.

One exciting news. My 35 yr old son, Nathan, became engaged on Sunday.

ElaineM 08-30-2011 09:55 AM

Hi Pam,
I am still thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Congratulations to your son and his fiance. That is great news. You have to be in good shape for the wedding and perhaps play with a future grandchild or two, so hang in there and keep putting one foot in front of the other.
The others have given you some excellent suggestions for medicines etc. I have found that if I keep on top of things and keep my needs on the minds of my docs things go alot better for me. The docs even consider some of my suggestions. You seem to be doing a good job of that too. Take good care of yourself.

Jackie07 08-31-2011 12:58 PM

Pam,

Congratulations on your son's engagement.

And thanks for the update. You sound good. Let's hear from you more often.

Sending you good vibes.

MJo 08-31-2011 01:08 PM

Mother of the groom. Will you wear a blue dress?

Pam P 08-31-2011 02:23 PM

MJO - I always heard that as mother of groom one should wear beige & keep one's mouth shut!!

Dianedack 08-31-2011 06:18 PM

Sorry to hear your news . I think of you all the time. I am now suffering radiation Brain necrosis which is affecting my right side very difficult when you are right handed and walking is hard. Such bad luck for me as the tumour on the brain has not so I am having a break from chemo which is welcome. So sorry you are suffering pain nothing worse hopefully the radiation will sort that for you. Keep in touch.

Lots of love

Diane
XXX

Jackie07 08-31-2011 06:20 PM

My late Mother-in-law wore a light pink dress to match the maroon ones worn by my bridesmaids. They had to wear red because my parents are very old[-fashioned] Chinese and red is the traditional color for happy occasions such as weddings and New Years celebration. I had to make sure that my parents (especially Mother) were not 'disturbed' by non-traditional stuff.

ElaineM 08-31-2011 09:08 PM

Go to your son's wedding and enjoy yourself Pam. I think you son will be very happy to see you at his wedding. He is not going to worry about what you are wearing. Wear whatever makes you happy and festive for the occassion.

Pray 08-31-2011 10:20 PM

Pam, how wonderful to hear of your son's engagment!! Please know you are always in my prayers!

MJo 09-01-2011 06:35 AM

RE: Wear beige and keep one's mouth shut

ROFL Ain't that the truth. Keep one's mouth shut now and forever when it comes to being a mother in law! I think you should wear red for good luck, as Jackie said. That should cause a buzz.

Hang in there. May you live to be driven crazy by your adult grandchildren.

Mtngrl 09-04-2011 02:09 PM

One of my sons got married almost six years ago. I wore purple and smiled a lot. I'm not the current wife of the father of the groom. They "forgot" to put a place for me at the groom's family table but there was room for his father's younger brother. I just took it as an opportunity to go around and visit everyone else at the reception.

Pam, you are in my prayers.